Thread: Smith Transport

FedExFr8 is offline Rookie

Default Smith Transport

Hey guys, my son is 24 has 3 yrs OTR experience, and is looking to go to Smith Transport. I tried to do a search but didn't really come up with anything, can anybody give me the good or bad, about the company? I appreciate it!

Mr. Ford95 is offline Senior Board Member

If you haven't found much, then it usually means they are a decent outfit or nobody here has knowledge of them. I notice their trucks always seem to be clean.

Jimbpard is offline Senior Board Member

Their cpm is very low IMO. I think around 36.cpm.
    If I had 3 years OTR, I wouldnt work for that. Nice trucks or not.
    Mama cooks the chicken fried in bacon grease, Down the road, Down the road, Down the road a'piece!!

Adapt and overcome.

Jumbo is offline Senior Board Member

Big fancy trucks and they are ALWAYS looking for drivers. Any company that requires an escrow account ($500.00 according to their website) isn't worth driving for.
    Don't trust anybody. Especially that guy in the mirror.

Double R is offline Food Service Monkey Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo
    Big fancy trucks and they are ALWAYS looking for drivers. Any company that requires an escrow account ($500.00 according to their website) isn't worth driving for.
    That's so you have some money set aside to buy CHICKEN LIGHTS and CHROME for the company truck at the company store. :lol:

They USE to be a decent compnay to drive for. Rarely did I hear any of thier drivers complain, trucks were washed weekly(paid by the company). Now it seems the oppisite. Dirty trucks and drivers complainig about miles and hometime.
    CERTIFIED NUTS BY THE STATE OF PA

MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Default Re: Smith Transport

Quote Originally Posted by FedExFr8
    Hey guys, my son is 24 has 3 yrs OTR experience, and is looking to go to Smith Transport. I tried to do a search but didn't really come up with anything, can anybody give me the good or bad, about the company? I appreciate it!
    Why not get him into FedEx Freight?

FedExFr8 is offline Rookie

Thanks guys for the replies! I've tried to get him on here but its hard as hell to get on with us. We haven't done any hiring here lately and I don't think he wants to pull wiggle wagons anyway. But I think he's decided to go to orientation with them on Monday so we'll see..

jd112488 is offline Board Regular

in my opinion any comapny right now is a risk. th market in everything, not just trucking is so volitale right now..it is scary. i recently made a change about three months ago thinking it would be great and it did not pan out at all, i just started back with my contractor at fed ex ground this week. my advice, go with caution and don;t burn your bridges, he may need to go back to the other side someday.
    Keep on rockin'

Fredog is offline Senior Board Member

Default Re: Smith Transport

Quote Originally Posted by FedExFr8
    They recently filed bankruptcy

coastie is offline Board Regular

I did look into them many years ago, and they were not what I wanted. East of the Mississippi River what I was told they ran. I was looking for a company that ran west since I seem to be bound to stay on the east coast all the time with everyone else I worked for in the past and recent also..
    Give me the Sea or the Open Road

12. This ad will disappear if you login