Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Liquide

shaun is offline Rookie

Default Air Liquide

Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.

Evinrude is offline Board Regular
    Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Default Re: Air Liquide

Quote Originally Posted by shaun
    Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.
    I hope your 64 years old.lol
    CPM is a pay scam that most trucking company's use to get around paying overtime for excessive hours of work and other monitory issues.Get paid hourly and prevent sweat shop conditions.

rgarthman1969 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude
    That is toooooo funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

felix5oh is offline Rookie

I heard nothing but good thing from air liquide. Theres an opening in Orlando near me but they wont hire me with 2 speeding tickets in 3 yrs.
    Good luck with it, i'll try again in 2009

feederfred is offline Board Regular

I have a relative that worked for them from 1980-1998 at their Etiwanda, CA. air seperation plant. He was a bulk transport driver. Air Liquide (or "Leaky Air"-as it's known in the cryogenic biz) FIRED all their drivers and contracted out to Jack B. Kelley. They did lose a a group unlawful termination lawsuit and had to pay the drivers a few million in damages, but it never brought their jobs back. I drive for the Linde Group, doing the liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen deliveries. In California, AL is closing a lot of their facilities and at all their other plants(in California) they have let the drivers go and contracted with Trimac.
    "What did BROWN do TO ME ?????

shaun is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by feederfred
    I have a relative that worked for them from 1980-1998 at their Etiwanda, CA. air seperation plant. He was a bulk transport driver. Air Liquide (or "Leaky Air"-as it's known in the cryogenic biz) FIRED all their drivers and contracted out to Jack B. Kelley. They did lose a a group unlawful termination lawsuit and had to pay the drivers a few million in damages, but it never brought their jobs back. I drive for the Linde Group, doing the liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen deliveries. In California, AL is closing a lot of their facilities and at all their other plants(in California) they have let the drivers go and contracted with Trimac.
    I actually started with Trimac, but they were a joke. 4 months and every single one of my paychecks were short. I probably would have just switched to Linde since I already knew where all the customers were, but it's in their contract that they can't hire Trimac drivers until 30 days. I'm very happy to be at AL now. Nobody comes close around here as far as pay and benefits for local drivers.

DragginMan is offline Rookie

Where do you deliver to in that area? BR? Gonzales? NO? I wasn't aware AL had a DS terminal.
    If you always do what you've always done, then you will always have what you've already gotten.

shaun is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DragginMan
    Where do you deliver to in that area? BR? Gonzales? NO? I wasn't aware AL had a DS terminal.
    I work out of Geismar. I live in DS now, but I'm moving to Gonzales next month to be closer.

shaun is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude
    You know something I don't?

Smooth is offline Board Regular

Im actually am done with Yellow and have moved onto Praxair Inc. Home everyday and off weekends with hourly pay and time and a half after 8 . I'm very happy so far , a lot of paperwork and guidelines and won't be solo for at least another month with all the training but so far I really like it thus far . Any questions I will be happy to answer .

fordwheeler is offline Rookie

Not meaning to hijack the thread. But, I have been thinking about trying out Praxair for a few simple reasons. It's so close to home I can walk to work. I am currently commuting an hour to work. And from what I have heard the pay is awesome. I have been driving for 3 years and do have all endorsements. But. I do not have any tanker or hazmat experience. Will they still consider me? Also, at least in my area I noticed they have both their own drivers plus have drivers hired through Ryder running loads for them. So, any input you can give me would help. Thanks.

To add, and I have a clean driving record. I am 35 and haven't had a ticket since I was 18. (knocks on wood)

Orangetxguy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by fordwheeler
    Not meaning to hijack the thread. But, I have been thinking about trying out Praxair for a few simple reasons. It's so close to home I can walk to work. I am currently commuting an hour to work. And from what I have heard the pay is awesome. I have been driving for 3 years and do have all endorsements. But. I do not have any tanker or hazmat experience. Will they still consider me? Also, at least in my area I noticed they have both their own drivers plus have drivers hired through Ryder running loads for them. So, any input you can give me would help. Thanks.

To add, and I have a clean driving record. I am 35 and haven't had a ticket since I was 18. (knocks on wood)
    Until you sit down with them and talk, you will never really know if they will train you...but..I would say yes. You don't have any nasty "Haz-Mat" habits to drag behind you...which most companies like.
    Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009

belpre122 is offline Local Advocate Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth
    Im actually am done with Yellow and have moved onto Praxair Inc. Home everyday and off weekends with hourly pay and time and a half after 8 . I'm very happy so far , a lot of paperwork and guidelines and won't be solo for at least another month with all the training but so far I really like it thus far . Any questions I will be happy to answer .
    What kind of scratch are we talking about a Praxair DY. I drive by their Speedway terminal everyday?

Shaun, are they out of New Jersey. I see the BOC gases guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?

Shaun, are they out of New Jersey. I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?

Shaun, are they out of New Jersey? I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?

Orangetxguy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by belpre122
    Shaun, are they out of New Jersey? I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
    BOC was bought up by Linde Corp...same stuff as Prax Air and Air Liquide.

http://www.us.lindegas.com/internati...alias/Homepage
    Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
    Quote Originally Posted by belpre122
    BOC was bought up by Linde Corp...same stuff as Prax Air and Air Liquide.

http://www.us.lindegas.com/internati...alias/Homepage
    So what's your take on the whole situation with Linde/BOC, I run diesel in to the Indy terminal and just happen to know the driver manager............

Smooth is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fordwheeler

I just started with Praxair around 2 weeks ago after leaving Yellow because I got sick of the inconsistentcy . They seem very safety oriented thus far and the pay is excellent . You will need hamat and tanker to be considered , so you may want to get those endorsements . I'm a cylinder driver which includes lots of the physical work going to hospitals and factories but also very rewarding . The bulk division is much less physical but the hours are lousy . Anything other questions let me know .

feederfred is offline Board Regular

I work for Linde/BOC out of the Sacramento plant. So far, so good. Easy work, pretty safety oriented, moneys fine, just not crazy about working weekends. Although you do have two days off in a row. The company is all Linde now, they are in the process of re-painting all the trailers. Hope you like 55mph, because we run the XATA on board computer system. I should have added I do the bulk cryogenic side (Lox, Ln2 and argon plus hydrogen, gas and liquid). But they are nice people for the most part. Most cryogenic companies WILL train as long as you have a few years exp. and a tank/haz-mat endorsement and a good record.
    "What did BROWN do TO ME ?????

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast