User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishking View Post
I certainly miss his wonderful written driving entries. They are extremely informative and entertaining.

I hope he is okay!!!!
He went over the fence. Prolifically posting elsewhere.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Rookie
Location: God's Kingdom but I frequent Kansas at least once a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Hey E.T. you could at least have the common decency to spray paint your truck red.........
Personally I think the blue trucks look good with the red/white trailers, kind of patriotic. But I like blue trucks just don't want to pull the blue/white trailers.
Lord may I grow to become a Wise, Good, man
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
He went over the fence. Prolifically posting elsewhere.
NOPE, he's been missing a bunch over there too... I know, because I am his alter ego over there....Good things happen to him at Crete, I catch all the crap from them.... I offset his good post's with all my bad experiences to give potential drivers a balance of what 'life at Crete' is really like. His absence is mainly because he is now a trainer...and he has been training a lot (like we need any more drivers here with the way freight is everywhere with everyone). In fact they made him stay out over Christmas along with his trainee. Needless to say he wasn't the happiest of campers about the whole deal. But he is still around.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM

Crete have or getting APU's?

Doing a search on here seems they started to install them in 2008 but, in talking to Crete drivers over the last couple weeks...some say yes they have or are getting them; others told me APU's aren't being installed. Visited the Crete Terminal in Columbus, Ohio earlier in the week and noticed a couple but, not on all.

In talking to a recruiter, she didn't know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Rookie
Location: God's Kingdom but I frequent Kansas at least once a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBski View Post
Crete have or getting APU's?

Doing a search on here seems they started to install them in 2008 but, in talking to Crete drivers over the last couple weeks...some say yes they have or are getting them; others told me APU's aren't being installed. Visited the Crete Terminal in Columbus, Ohio earlier in the week and noticed a couple but, not on all.

In talking to a recruiter, she didn't know.

Thanks in advance.
Crete got 1000 thermokings and 1000 carrier apu units for the 2007 units. They also have around 100, I think, Bergstrom Nite systems. They are trying them I guess. They are not putting them on the 2009 trucks. I would not plan on getting one per se, but you could luck into one, if that is what you are asking about. They are putting the espar heaters on the new trucks, and of course opti idle.
Lord may I grow to become a Wise, Good, man

Last edited by semicomputing; 02-23-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semicomputing View Post
Crete got 1000 thermokings and 1000 carrier apu units for the 2007 units. They also have around 100, I think, Bergstrom Nite systems. They are trying them I guess. They are not putting them on the 2009 trucks. I would not plan on getting one per se, but you could luck into one, if that is what you are asking about. They are putting the espar heaters on the new trucks, and of course opti idle.
Thanks Semi. I'm looking at starting with Crete on 9 Mar, the company I've driven for for the last 9 years is shutting down. Still weighing my options with Crete vs a couple others...have til tues/wed to make a final decision.

Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Rookie

I keep saying this to drivers... Crete is the best company I have ever worked for. I left 3 years ago for a good paying local job. If my home situation ever changes, I'll be calling Crete back really quick.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semicomputing View Post
I have an app in with Crete right now. the recuiter told me that the 07s were getting them along with the new trucks. Is that wrong? I should know something this week of next if I have a job.
The recruiter also told me that starting pay with 2.5 years otr experience I would start off at .38 or .39 cpm. But I remember seeing not long ago in the t/s mags they advertised .41 with 1 year exp, and like .42 or .43 with 3 years. Did they lower their pay or something?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road View Post
I have an app in with Crete right now. the recuiter told me that the 07s were getting them along with the new trucks. Is that wrong? I should know something this week of next if I have a job.
The recruiter also told me that starting pay with 2.5 years otr experience I would start off at .38 or .39 cpm. But I remember seeing not long ago in the t/s mags they advertised .41 with 1 year exp, and like .42 or .43 with 3 years. Did they lower their pay or something?
No the newer trucks aren't getting APU's. Just the '07s. All the new ones after that came with better insulation (Cascadias and Prostars) and Espar heaters - with opti idle (on Freightliners it's opti idle, on International with the Cummins - it's called something else, but it's basically the same thing)And I have heard a rumor that they are thinking about bailing on the Cascadias because of the enormous amount of problems they are having with them, but it was just a rumor. I haven't heard any official news about it. I hope it's true, I like the way the inside of the Prostar is set up. Much better use of space than Freightliner. Most of the drivers I talk to that have the Prostars like them much better than any of the Freightliners they've driven.

As for the starting pay, yes they changed it once the economy went down hill. Their top pay is still the same. I'm making .47/mi, and have been here 5.5 years. They've stopped hiring additional drivers above and beyond the current level. They are only hiring enough to replace drivers that chose to leave.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road View Post

A few years ago they offered me $0.41 out of driving school and the completion of Crete's training. The trucking industry amazes me how they can cut pay at will. Too bad truck drivers can't coalesce into a unified voting block and get some standardization in wages. We are so fragmented that it leaves us at the mercy of every knee jerk reaction at Corporate HQ. There is very little incentive for any company to do right by the driver.