User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Truck drivers really crack me up sometimes. Whenever somebody posts a negative comment about a company everybody jumps on the bandwagon and backs them up. Whenever somebody says something good about a company all of a sudden the person is looking for a recruiting bonus or they are a "company man" or some such bullshit. Fact is most of the time, no matter what the company I'm with at the time, a driver that bitches a lot is almost always their own worst enemy. Not saying that the company is blameless all the time, but the drivers actions play a rool as well.
YOU HAVE ALOT OF ROOM TO TALK YOU FREAKIN IDIOT! :roll:

You do the exact thing to me everytime. Really pisses you off doesn't it :idea: :?:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
Quote:
Truck drivers really crack me up sometimes. Whenever somebody posts a negative comment about a company everybody jumps on the bandwagon and backs them up. Whenever somebody says something good about a company all of a sudden the person is looking for a recruiting bonus or they are a "company man" or some such bullshit. Fact is most of the time, no matter what the company I'm with at the time, a driver that bitches a lot is almost always their own worst enemy. Not saying that the company is blameless all the time, but the drivers actions play a rool as well.

You do the exact thing to me everytime. Really pisses you off doesn't it :idea: :?:
That's because you can't support your numbers. Never have, never will. You even got called on it by another Knight driver and you didn't even have the guts to respond. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
Quote:

That's because you can't support your numbers. Never have, never will. You even got called on it by another Knight driver and you didn't even have the guts to respond. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nobody ever CALLED me on it. I don't know anything about the other Knight driver so I won't speak about him. What I do know is what my W-2 says that I just got in the mail. That's all I need to know. As far a weather you believe me or not...I could give a shit. You are nothing to me but a waste of space in this crowded world. No matter what I have to say you always have a negative spin on it because you just can't believe that someone could be as successful as I am. Go, ahead and go through your life being bitter. I will do my best to make you feel even worse by being even more successful but I won't be here bragging about it anymore. So go ahead and spew your hate and discontent with the other people here that may want to hear it. For me I am going on to a higher level of intelligence. I will however miss communicating with Skywalker and UTurn as they are probably the two brightest and honest people on this entire site.
So enjoy :wink:
Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Nobody ever CALLED me on it. I don't know anything about the other Knight driver so I won't speak about him. What I do know is what my W-[quote]2 says that I just got in the mail. That's all I need to know. As far a weather you believe me or not...I could give a $&!+. You are nothing to me but a waste of space in this crowded world. No matter what I have to say you always have a negative spin on it because you just can't believe that someone could be as successful as I am. Go, ahead and go through your life being bitter. I will do my best to make you feel even worse by being even more successful but I won't be here bragging about it anymore. So go ahead and spew your hate and discontent with the other people here that may want to hear it. For me I am going on to a higher level of intelligence. I will however miss communicating with Skywalker and UTurn as they are probably the two brightest and honest people on this entire site.
So enjoy /quote]

Does any of this ring a bell. Do you understand how we feel on the TMC thread. Not trying to start anything here.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="terrylamar"]Nobody ever CALLED me on it. I don't know anything about the other Knight driver so I won't speak about him. What I do know is what my W-
Quote:
2 says that I just got in the mail. That's all I need to know. As far a weather you believe me or not...I could give a $&!+. You are nothing to me but a waste of space in this crowded world. No matter what I have to say you always have a negative spin on it because you just can't believe that someone could be as successful as I am. Go, ahead and go through your life being bitter. I will do my best to make you feel even worse by being even more successful but I won't be here bragging about it anymore. So go ahead and spew your hate and discontent with the other people here that may want to hear it. For me I am going on to a higher level of intelligence. I will however miss communicating with Skywalker and UTurn as they are probably the two brightest and honest people on this entire site.
So enjoy /quote]

Does any of this ring a bell. Do you understand how we feel on the TMC thread. Not trying to start anything here.
I see what you are saying but the difference is I have state TRUE facts and he is just talking shit.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
There is no urgency on Cretes part to get a load except when they are good and ready as no incentive because they do not pay sit pay if no freight.
BINGO! Give that man a cupie doll! :lol:

As soon as you send in that empty call, you should go on the clock until you get another load or unless you're out of hours. That would put an end to all the unpaid sitting around and force these companies to be more productive.

Like those old Grey Poupon commercials..."anything else is uncivilized".

Quote:
Of course to some that pull numbers out of thin air they will do well but to the honest people that actually work hard and try, they get the shaft at this time of year. It has historically always been the slow months.
Dispatch loves the drivers who live out of their trucks for weeks on end. The guys who want to go home and have a life outside of and away from the truck sit around more often and gets the short end of the stick for loads. That's just the way it is.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
There is no urgency on Cretes part to get a load except when they are good and ready as no incentive because they do not pay sit pay if no freight.

As soon as you send in that empty call, you should go on the clock until you get another load or unless you're out of hours. That would put an end to all the unpaid sitting around and force these companies to be more productive.

Quote:
Of course to some that pull numbers out of thin air they will do well but to the honest people that actually work hard and try, they get the shaft at this time of year. It has historically always been the slow months.
Dispatch loves the drivers who live out of their trucks for weeks on end. The guys who want to go home and have a life outside of and away from the truck sit around more often and gets the short end of the stick for loads. That's just the way it is.

That first part is absolutely true-- and I agree. It was the bitterest pill to swallow when I came to work here at Shaffer(Crete) a layover policy that states: We don't pay for lack of freight.

( now what the recruiter told me was--- we don't set trucks-- we'll bounce you To another area that has freight) -----Yeah, Right!
That's why I laugh at the XM commercial about "our drivers demand the best--or they'll go somewhere else."

CFM- I disagree on what you say about the Regional( home every weekend) drivers---- true, dispatchers don't like having to "pull rabbits" out their ass to get them home every weekend- But-- these drivers don't get "too short" of a stick on the freight end.----See the one factor you missed is--- the TRUCK has to turn X miles in that 5days to make the company any money. So these drivers still pull down 2200-2500 a week(working for a good company) and are also home weekends.--
This screws up the whole remaining OTR industry(and drivers)-- because all the freight is now mostly 500mile short freight--- which means, OTR drivers get screwed on the weekends anymore-- gone are the old days of expecting 1500 miles from Friday- Monday.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:
Quote:
I am sure we all believe that January is someones best ever. After all Legends always have the best over everyone at all times.

Crete does not care if one hurries or not and never ever has. You can be as proacctive as you want and do all in your power and still if no freight then there is nothing one can do. There is no urgency on Cretes part to get a load except when they are good and ready as no incentive because they do not pay sit pay if no freight.

You are such an ass. Do us all a favor and quit. Please? In fact just quit driving completely then there will be no excuse for coming here and crying like you do. Loser.
What a very encouraging, informative comment. :roll:
Just a normal comment from Karnajj when ever some one says anything negative about Crete, ever when what they say is true.

And Txdrvr is correct, as long as drivers are not paid layover for no freight, there is not incentive to work hard to find a load.

Crete drivers are told to set an accurate PTA, then, often when empty are told they are trying to find a load for the driver. My question is why did they wait until the truck was empty, since they knew the driver was on the way?
You are right Clay. I have no reason to lie about Crete. It seems though when someone mentions anything that is taken in a negative light though some will get pissed because they see recruiting money going away.

There is no reason to lie to anyone here at all. No need to put up phony numbers either. We all know what OTR driving and the companies are like.

Now January was a very good month for me and only sat a total of a day and a half also. December though was horrid and sat for a total of 7 days waiting on a load that was unpaid because Crete has a policy of not paying for sit time if there is no freight.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:

Quote:

That first part is absolutely true-- and I agree. It was the bitterest pill to swallow when I came to work here at Shaffer(Crete) a layover policy that states: We don't pay for lack of freight.

( now what the recruiter told me was--- we don't set trucks-- we'll bounce you To another area that has freight) -----Yeah, Right!
That's why I laugh at the XM commercial about "our drivers demand the best--or they'll go somewhere else."

CFM- I disagree on what you say about the Regional( home every weekend) drivers---- true, dispatchers don't like having to "pull rabbits" out their ass to get them home every weekend- But-- these drivers don't get "too short" of a stick on the freight end.----See the one factor you missed is--- the TRUCK has to turn X miles in that 5days to make the company any money. So these drivers still pull down 2200-2500 a week(working for a good company) and are also home weekends.--
This screws up the whole remaining OTR industry(and drivers)-- because all the freight is now mostly 500mile short freight--- which means, OTR drivers get screwed on the weekends anymore-- gone are the old days of expecting 1500 miles from Friday- Monday.
Those days were awesome. Just a slow time now. I had a good January for now so hope it continues.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
Does telling the dispatch supervisor to shove the tractor, trailer and load up his a$$ count as being "Qualcomm Agressive"? :lol:
I was told to not use curse words on Quallcom. So just say where the sun don't shine or something.