User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Uh huh

I am sure we all believe that January is someones best ever. After all Legends always have the best over everyone at all times.

Crete does not care if one hurries or not and never ever has. You can be as proacctive as you want and do all in your power and still if no freight then there is nothing one can do. There is no urgency on Cretes part to get a load except when they are good and ready as no incentive because they do not pay sit pay if no freight.

Of course to some that pull numbers out of thin air they will do well but to the honest people that actually work hard and try, they get the shaft at this time of year. It has historically always been the slow months.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
I am sure we all believe that January is someones best ever. After all Legends always have the best over everyone at all times.

Crete does not care if one hurries or not and never ever has. You can be as proacctive as you want and do all in your power and still if no freight then there is nothing one can do. There is no urgency on Cretes part to get a load except when they are good and ready as no incentive because they do not pay sit pay if no freight.

Of course to some that pull numbers out of thin air they will do well but to the honest people that actually work hard and try, they get the shaft at this time of year. It has historically always been the slow months.
You are such an ass. Do us all a favor and quit. Please? In fact just quit driving completely then there will be no excuse for coming here and crying like you do. Loser.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Does telling the dispatch supervisor to shove the tractor, trailer and load up his a$$ count as being "Qualcomm Agressive"? :lol:
Old 02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Board Regular

Just to let you all know, weekly update will be coming, I'm at home at the moment and don't want to use all my kick back and relax time on this site. I'll save it for my downtime in the truck.

Approximate numbers, week 4 3200 miles and week 5 is less than 1500, went home Tuesday night.

[email protected]
Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Rookie

evertruckeeer thx for the posts was looking at crete and this really helps keep it coming
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

You are such an ass. Do us all a favor and quit. Please? In fact just quit driving completely then there will be no excuse for coming here and crying like you do. Loser.
What a very encouraging, informative comment. :roll:
Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

What a very encouraging, informative comment. :roll:
Just a normal comment from Karnajj when ever some one says anything negative about Crete, ever when what they say is true.

And Txdrvr is correct, as long as drivers are not paid layover for no freight, there is not incentive to work hard to find a load.

Crete drivers are told to set an accurate PTA, then, often when empty are told they are trying to find a load for the driver. My question is why did they wait until the truck was empty, since they knew the driver was on the way?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Rookie

Karnajj wrote:
The recession isn't helping things at all either

Karnajj, hate to be the one to inform you, the country is NOT in a recession, not even close. I wonder if you even know what the defintion of a recession is? Is the economy slow right now, sure it is. Does that by definition make a recession NO!!
Recession = 6 months, 2 quarters of absolute no growth. In fact it must not only show no growth it must actually go the other way. The economy has not even begun to go backwards. GDP has been going forward not back.
Slow yes, a recession no.
Soon the frieght will pick up like it always does.
Be safe!!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Senior Board Member

I talked to an old Crete buddy today and he had a whopping 1500 miles last week. He has been with them for over 7 years so I assume he knows how to play their dispatch game...its just a slow time right now.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Truck drivers really crack me up sometimes. Whenever somebody posts a negative comment about a company everybody jumps on the bandwagon and backs them up. Whenever somebody says something good about a company all of a sudden the person is looking for a recruiting bonus or they are a "company man" or some such bullshit. Fact is most of the time, no matter what the company I'm with at the time, a driver that bitches a lot is almost always their own worst enemy. Not saying that the company is blameless all the time, but the drivers actions play a roll as well.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?