User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Flatbed Companies

Whos the best flatbed company for a new driver. Im looking for regional based from Wisconsin. Schooling I can do on my own or through them.
Maverick seems to pay the best to a new driver.
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Board Regular

I can't make opinions on other companies, just tell you my experience with one. I drove for maverick in the past and they were a very good company. Got me home on the weekends and had a good paycheck. My particular truck had less than 50k on it when acquired and had a fully automatic transmission. So all in all I would recommend this company.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Rookie

Wolf River,

I agree with rubberducky. I have been driving for Maverick for 6 weeks now and even though I am “long haul division”, I have gotten home every single weekend so far (technically, long haul is classified as getting home every 2 weeks). I was a little leery of the automatic transmission trucks at 1st, but have since decided that I like them for the most part. They are easier (less work) to drive in heavy rush hour traffic but the highest gear you can start off in is 2nd gear so they are a little slow to get rolling from a full stop when empty.

We had a classmate in are orientation class from Wisconsin. He went with the covered wagon instead of the straight flatbed. His hardest thing living in Wisconsin is that Maverick has maybe one trainer in that area, so you might have to be away from home quite a few weeks with a trainer that lives in another part of the country. That means you will be in a motel on the weekends when your trainer goes home. Most guys I talked to only stayed out 2-3 weeks with a trainer although it is possible some individuals may have to be out up to 6 weeks. Good luck and keep us posted on your Maverick adventures if they materialize.