User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Poly Trucking out of Grand Prairie, TX

Can anyone tell me anything about Poly Trucking? I have tried using the search on this web site and nothing came up. Any idea of pay scale, freight hauled, main freight lines, etc.

Soladad
Old 10-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Poly Trucking out of Grand Prairie, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
Can anyone tell me anything about Poly Trucking? I have tried using the search on this web site and nothing came up. Any idea of pay scale, freight hauled, main freight lines, etc.

Soladad
If they're the ones I think they are....they pay hub miles. 8)

http://www.poly-trucking.com/Jobs.html

I've seen their trucks...a lot. But have never talked to any of their drivers.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Board Regular

Done a bit of investigation on the web but not much is known. Their website doesn't say a whole lot. Guess it is going to take a phone call.

Soladad
Old 10-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
Done a bit of investigation on the web but not much is known. Their website doesn't say a whole lot. Guess it is going to take a phone call.

Soladad
One thing to consider.....no bad news can be good news. I can't say that I have ever anything negative about the company. I have seen their trucks, the equipment looks pretty new.... so it may be worth the phone call. 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Soladad, The guy's I know at Poly like em a lot. Paid hub miles, 43.5 cpm. Take the truck home. Health and Dental provided. Eye glasses to. Newer Freightliner Columbia Condos for OTR trucks, older model FTL's for local drivers. Local drivers in the Houston/Beaumont area do a lot of roll off work, hauling recyclable resins from DuPont, BASF, Bayer, ExxonMobil and the like.

Poly trucks haul company product out, backhaul whatever dispatch finds. usually paper products.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Board Regular

Thanks for the info. Tried to call recruiter and all I got was an answering machine. Don't like not talking to a person when it comes to investigating a company. Just seeing what's around not that I am really dissatified with Roehl but hitting the 2 year mark so will have more choices on driving jobs.

Soladad
Old 11-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Soladad, The guy's I know at Poly like em a lot. Paid hub miles, 43.5 cpm. Take the truck home. Health and Dental provided. Eye glasses to. Newer Freightliner Columbia Condos for OTR trucks, older model FTL's for local drivers. Local drivers in the Houston/Beaumont area do a lot of roll off work, hauling recyclable resins from DuPont, BASF, Bayer, ExxonMobil and the like.

Poly trucks haul company product out, backhaul whatever dispatch finds. usually paper products.
Yes, this is pretty good intel. I would like more info as well.....I've spoken to about 10 of their drivers....all happy as pigs in ShiX! I've called them several times.....and couldn't get any info from the Recruiter....Recruiter just wants you to download the application and submit it.....Which I did...and then couldn't get back in touch with them except about every 6th or 7th attempt....just get the Usual Recording. One of their drivers told me they are very picky...and the application/hiring process takes 3 months to get on there.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Just a hint..if you really want to talk with Ploy..you have to make the effort, and walk in their front door.
The guy's whom started Poly up, are all "old school" people. If you aren't willing to put forth the effort to drive to their front door...why would they offer you a job?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Just a hint..if you really want to talk with Ploy..you have to make the effort, and walk in their front door.
The guy's whom started Poly up, are all "old school" people. If you aren't willing to put forth the effort to drive to their front door...why would they offer you a job?
Well..if you're currently employed as an OTR driver nationwide and don't live in Grand Prairie, Tx...then stopping by to visit is kinda ...IMPOSSIBLE.

Got through today on phone with them...the e-mailed completed Application was received...She's processing it now...sent away for all the details from DAC, pass employers....But, my application is #179- when she gets all the "details" back she places the application on the desk of the Hiring Manager for review.....they currently have 4 empty trucks to fill( and 179 applications)

Poly-Trucking is owned by Poly-America plastics corp......it was started solely as a private fleet to move their products/ raw plastics into plant, and
they "back haul" with broker loads back into the plants.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 PM

I drive for Maverick.We haul big rolls of poly vinyl out of their yard.They have a pretty good size yard in Grand Prairie.Looks like their trailers are preloaded.Equipment looks pretty nice.