Thread: What About LandAir

gulftime is offline Rookie

Default What About LandAir

I am looking at Landair for employment. Does anyone know about them?

infrontofu is offline Rookie

i am ano/o leased on to land air maby i can help you out.i do know this week they are governing the trucks down to 65 mph.an going to some type of mpg bonus program.you can idle and they wont say anything.run mostly east of the mississippi international and columbias are the rides and i saw some of the new internationals[the more aero dynamic ones]sitting on the yard yesterday.haul a lot of fedex freight dhl freight and also a lot of paper.this is one very relaxed company and dont seem to put a lot of pressure on their drivers.they give you a load you do your job like u are supposed to and you will never hear anything from them.3 day orientation and if there is not a truck avaliable they will pay you i think 100 a day till you get one.orientation is a breeze they give you breakfast and a decent lunch hope this helps.phill

Chris M is offline Member

How do you like being an O/O for them. Sounds like it's a good gig. Do you do well at the end of the week?

to me i think i do well.no forced dispatch no extreme north east i run atl to ohio a lot and up and down i81.most loads are 400 to 500 miles on average i have pulled some over 1000 last week i had 2400 miles from monday morning and was home friday at 300 oclock. i know a lot of o/o like to run with there own authority and say they cant make it leased to a company but i make it just fine.most companies only pay 82 or 83 cpm plus fsc i get 98 plus fsc 25$hr detention 50$ stop pay.i like it because there not a mega carrier and they do know your name there laid back and wont ask you to do or run illegal.i get fuel at there terminal usually 260 a gallon and avg 29 cpm fsc.if you live on the i75 corriador you probably get home through the week 1 or 2 times.phillip

forgot to add my net take home after fuel and everything [insurance escrow q comm etc]last week was 2248.61 this week which will be the 2400 mile check will be around 2100 to 2200.

Default Land Air

Mis post :roll:

Piece Of Work is offline Board Regular

How often do you want to be home? How much do you need to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Of Work
    I'd like to be home every weekend and gross 12,000/month. I feel that is resonable.

ohiomohawk is offline Board Regular
    NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Any more input??

just 12,000 a month gross? why not a little more...maybe 30,000??

Drew10 is offline Senior Board Member

I hear Landair advertised on Sirius radio often....their ads are always for team drivers, I was under the impression that was all they did :?: :?:

Quote Originally Posted by infrontofu
    forgot to add my net take home after fuel and everything [insurance escrow q comm etc]last week was 2248.61 this week which will be the 2400 mile check will be around 2100 to 2200.
    Not to doubt your statement but something doesnt make sense. Net income is what you see to your own pocket after all taxes insurance escrow truck payments fsc etc. are paid. For a Leased driver your net "take home" pay seems very high.
    If those numbers are your Gross income that would seem more realistic, as a leased operator.

Fredog is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drew10
    I hear Landair advertised on Sirius radio often....their ads are always for team drivers, I was under the impression that was all they did :?: :?:

Not to doubt your statement but something doesnt make sense. Net income is what you see to your own pocket after all taxes insurance escrow truck payments fsc etc. are paid. For a Leased driver your net "take home" pay seems very high.
    If those numbers are your Gross income that would seem more realistic, as a leased operator.
    he said he is an o/o leased to them , not a company fleece operator..

I understood, o/o leased to the company. Not leasing truck from company.

countryhorseman is offline Senior Board Member

Uhh, I hope your are talking as a O/O, and not a company driver! There is no way a company driver will make 144,000/year! If they could, there would never be a job opening with that outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Of Work
    I'd like to be home every weekend and gross 12,000/month. I feel that is resonable.
    "I discover the principles that work and work them,
    I am forever learning new principles that interaccomodate with what I already know, to the betterment of my life and my world.
    As principles are revealed to me, I cheerfully record them, use them, and share them.
    Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
    Author Unknown

OOIDA

Fredog is offline Senior Board Member

I understood, o/o leased to the company. Not leasing truck from company.
    his stated income is on a par with our owner ops make. BUT ours have to pay their own insurance and tags and permits and such

Smooth is offline Board Regular

I think you are thinking of Landspan

Smooth wrote:
    I think you are thinking of Landspan
    Im thinking you would be right.... ops:

rigidsporty is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by infrontofu View Post
    I'm a little confused... you make .98 cpm and you ran 2400 miles? Thats $2350. You will net $2100 to $2200 of that after fuel, taxes, and expenses? your taxes, fuel, and expenses are only $150 to $250 a week for 2400 miles? Dont get me wrong... I'm not disputing you, I just dont understand it. I realize the fsc isnt included in my figures, but how much could that be? Is that 2100 to 2200 net or gross?
    Last edited by rigidsporty; 02-14-2010 at 08:07 AM.
    You can kiss the lower part of the back of the canister that is my body!

http://www.sassnet.com

lead_foot is offline Rookie

Landair sucks. one they lie to from day one . Two not getting miles since this 2012 not 2007 since last post. we big turnover here now.

21. This ad will disappear if you login