User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Heartland

I have had a few drivers tell me that the Hearland home weekends program is bogus. Said once they got on the board that they had to fight for miles and fight to get home. Anybody else got any info?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Board Regular

I have heard that same thing. But I also had a couple of drivers tell me that if you run hard for them, they will take care of you on hometime and miles. Not sure, I don't drive for them. Sounds like another deal that comes down to the FM
Old 10-11-2007, 12:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

For a regional run, 3 out of 4 weekends is guaranteed, in writing. If a driver has issues with a dispatcher screwing with hometime, we have a driver communication office in place that goes to bat for the drivers.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
For a regional run, 3 out of 4 weekends is guaranteed, in writing. If a driver has issues with a dispatcher screwing with hometime, we have a driver communication office in place that goes to bat for the drivers.
Not to be "contentious"....but if a "dispatcher" is found to be jacking around a driver on "guaranteed, in writing 3 out of 4 weekends home time"....why do you or anyone else bother having someone "going to bat" for the driver? Why not "jack the dispatcher out the door into the unemployment line"? Seems that would be the "best way to go to bat". Until you make it amply clear to dispatchers that "jacking a driver around" is a definite no-no and will cost them their job....it will continue, and sadly..."someone going to bat for the driver" is generally little more than lipservice. Guaranteed something means "cut in stone", not maybe.

And companies wonder "why their turnover rate annually is so high"?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Not to be "contentious"....but if a "dispatcher" is found to be jacking around a driver on "guaranteed, in writing 3 out of 4 weekends home time"....why do you or anyone else bother having someone "going to bat" for the driver? Why not "jack the dispatcher out the door into the unemployment line"? Seems that would be the "best way to go to bat". Until you make it amply clear to dispatchers that "jacking a driver around" is a definite no-no and will cost them their job....it will continue, and sadly..."someone going to bat for the driver" is generally little more than lipservice. Guaranteed something means "cut in stone", not maybe.

Plus, is this guaranteed home time backed up with a substantial financial backing? I hear this all the time, but yet few companies compensate their drivers when the guarantee is broken.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Why not "jack the dispatcher out the door into the unemployment line"?
Has been done more than a few times.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Default OFF TOPIC - FRED

Fred stunk up the debates the other night. He has no chance. He doesn't appear to be in very good health. He has money and a trophy wife. I'd advise him to quit politics and take his lil honey to some island.

RE: Heartland - spoke with them this morning and they guarantee home 3 of 4 weekends. Apparently, dispatchers are just a wee bit harder to replace than drivers.

I got to admit $0.47 a mile and another $0.04 running east of I-81 sounds pretty good.

My last pay with Roeh was ten bucks after deducting for health insurance. I could pick up mt beer cans for that kind of pay.

This is my last week with Roehl. Either Barr-Nunn, Heartland, or Superior.

I really don't notice many Heartland rigs parked like the JB's, Schneiders, and Werners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Quote:

Plus, is this guaranteed home time backed up with a substantial financial backing? I hear this all the time, but yet few companies compensate their drivers when the guarantee is broken.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: OFF TOPIC - FRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYROAD
Fred stunk up the debates the other night. He has no chance. He doesn't appear to be in very good health. He has money and a trophy wife. I'd advise him to quit politics and take his lil honey to some island.

RE: Heartland - spoke with them this morning and they guarantee home 3 of 4 weekends. Apparently, dispatchers are just a wee bit harder to replace than drivers.

I got to admit $0.47 a mile and another $0.04 running east of I-81 sounds pretty good.

My last pay with Roeh was ten bucks after deducting for health insurance. I could pick up mt beer cans for that kind of pay.

This is my last week with Roehl. Either Barr-Nunn, Heartland, or Superior.

I really don't notice many Heartland rigs parked like the JB's, Schneiders, and Werners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Quote:

Remember driver that 47 cpm is hhg miles , so 47 basically means 41 . I also doubt the recruiter mentioned no detention untill after 8 hours and 2 weeks max vacation , along with a 300 mile average length of haul for regional drivers . If you still want to go for it then do it , I would go LTL or if you want to go OTR Barr Nunn and Superior are better overall companies .
Old 10-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
But not enough....to get the point across? Not trying to be a hardass, but it seems that either the term "a load of dispatcher brains" as applied to an empty trailer moving is quite accurate....or the buck is stopping way too low on the food chain? The thing is, if you use the word "guaranteed" ...anywhere, be it verbally or in writing as an issue of hiring or service, spoken by or furnished by someone in a position to represent the company, you have entered into what is known in the legal world as "agency" or "as agent by/for/of the company....which if violated on the part of the company could be a potentially or definite litigious item.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Twilight, what does a Heartland driver get if the guarantee is broken?