Old 07-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This is too everyone that had a negitive remark!!!!
First we did find a job I didn't want to say because I didn't want anybody to mess it up for us, but i forgot you don't know my name.
So look up CRST pay scale, being that I don't have the experence and my husband does, he was approved to be my trainer, starting at .42 and because I've been to school and they have the train your partner program I come in as if I have 6 months experence and thats .33 and yes we split the miles not the pay!
As for the person that left the remark about thier son cutting grass,
well I didn't have my parents to guide me along in this "perfect" world you all seem to live in! I don't know if you understand there are 2 laws, there's a "white" law then there's a "black" law!
I wasn't using drugs I was selling! I was wrong and I know that!
As for the person who knows Florida laws, I was 16 and yes I was sentanced as an adult, it was at the time when kids were running crazy down south and I was made an example of.
And what I meant about the public defender working for the state, they would rather convince you to take a plea then to try to defend you!!!!!
As for my husband he was not a kid so I can't really stand up for him I didn't kn ow him at the time either, But you cant think is is a perfect world, I live it every day, how the killing rate in orange county is so high but the police would rather mess with someone about thier tent on thier car then to go find a killer, How just because so one lives in the hood it automactlly makes them a criminal.
I am a good person and I do believe I just made a mistake! I didn't have parents to guild me, I was on the streets and did what I had to do.
So for the person who said they know homeless people who don't sell drugs yes your right they either use them or are a drunk.
I didn't post this question to start a big fuss I just asked a simple question!
And I didn't run from anybodys replys, I had to do things like pack up my house and go pick up the rental car to drive to carlilse, Pa for my orintation!!!! we just stoped to get some sleep when i checked the messages.
I dought I will reply any more I have nothing to prove to anyone!! I asked a question because i was having trouble finding a company that would take us. Did you think I was going to sit here and wait for one of you to find me a company that would take us? NO I kept looking!!
I will make it out here as a great driver, most likely better then someone with out any felonies, if only because I don't want to mess up I know I have to do good, and be a safe driver!!!
Well that's enought said so GOOD night and Have a good day!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So look up CRST pay scale, being that I don't have the experence and my husband does, he was approved to be my trainer, starting at .42 and because I've been to school and they have the train your partner program I come in as if I have 6 months experence and thats .33 and yes we split the miles not the pay!
I have to admitt that she is most likely telling the truth ( as told to her by a CRST recuriter ). You see, I went to a CDL school that at the time relied on CRST for most of their new students, about 20 new ones each week. After about the second day in school I really wondered if I had made a good choice about driving as a new field. As a former LEO it was not hard to spot low-life, scum, drug users, gang-bangers and wantabees. We lost half the class in the first two days. 25% on day one because they couldn't or wouldn't give a sample for the drug test and the other 25% when the tests came back on the ones that were too stupid to think they could "beat it". Now throw in the other 25% that, " No speak Engilsh" and we're down to 4 or 5 left. There was one that only came because she had family in the area and wanted to visit and it was a free bus ticket, one that stated; "He didn't have anything else to do and they paid his travel, hotel, and meals for the next three weeks. Now your down to one or two that REALLY want to try to better themself.

All of this is/was a long winded way of telling you that they don't/didn't have any kind of screening process in place and they will gladly pay to just fill a seat in the recuriting process weather you can be hired or not, and if they do hire you, is this the kind of company you want to keep?

Just my $.02,

Ridge
Old 07-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

First it was 49 cpm, now it is 42 cpm. By Monday they will both be making 14 cpm at this rate. :roll:
Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
First it was 49 cpm, now it is 42 cpm. By Monday they will both be making 14 cpm at this rate. :roll:
Now that you mention it............ That was another problem with the CRST students in my class. All of them were told different rates and conditions of pay. ( Must team for so long, no team required, ect...)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member

I'd rather work for CR England than CRST. CRST offers the 8 month student contract. Even then, most of their student drivers never make the 8 months.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyli
First we did find a job I didn't want to say because I didn't want anybody to mess it up for us, but i forgot you don't know my name.
Thanks for the info; I too have a "checkered" past. I'm looking at Schneider right now. My probation isn't over until Nov so I still have time. Mine's not drug related, rather protecting my family and myself from some gangbangers with a firearm
Old 07-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Board Regular

Why is this industry always attracting people with a criminal past? Team pay is always split in half. .33cents a mile is more like .17 cents a mile.That is about realistic for a team starting out.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Default Re: Anybody know which company will hire someone w/ a felony

I hear englend will hire felons, dope addicts, and pedophiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyli
Me and my husband both have a felony each, just one, mine was over 11 yrs ago and his is 7 yrs old, there the only ones we have, but it just seems like were screwed either way, If we tell the truth and put it on the application then everyone says no off the bat! if we lie and they still find out then we're fired, the later has not happend yet, we have not lied but it's getting to that point, No one will give us a chance. comapnys won't hire someone with a possion but they will hire someone with grand theft and has the history to seal thier truck or load! What's the deal?