Old 07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Just curious, why the two drug test for dedicated???? I have never heard that before.
Ok, I got off on another one of my anti drug use rants. As you can see, this is a very passionate subject for me. Perhaps after Ive explained this story, it helps people understand why Im very passionate about this and occasionally go off on rants about drivers failing the drug test. Or when drivers who are complaining about not being able to find a job with a drug history, why I seem a little bit cold and uncaring towards them.
Sheep.....Nothing wrong with being passionate about this. I am 50 and have never used dope. I'm not big on using prescribed pain killers. Would rather tough it out, than use some of the things they have ouyt there, in prescription form.

You would be surprised at the number of driver's I have listened to, as they described their criminal and drug history. Some I have listened to in just the last couple years, are very proud of the fact that they can fool the drug tests. I think JB may be going over-board with the folicale test. But it is their money, so they can do as they please.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 PM

Anybody that worries about taking a drug test in any form should not have a cdl.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 PM

As for my Target dedicated, I deliver to stores in Wisconsin and northern Illinois. All drop and hook, Bring back empty to distribution center. I work 10 hours a day five days a week and gross about $900.00 per week. It is a good job and It sure beats the hell out of the hassles of otr and I can live a good life be with my family everyday. If I want to work on my days off I can either delivering to the stores or driving the yard dog.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:08 PM

I only have a few hairs left. I don't want to sacrifice them for a job. Will JB take a fistfull of pubes :?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
The one question I cant answer for you about JB, Ive never gone to an orientation so I dont know the complete details about it. Like what all is on the driving test. There are people out here that I have hired, maybe they can help you with the details. I will tell you what I know.

3 days....
Day one: Drug Test, Driving test and Physical
* If you are going into a dedicated run, not only will you take a urine drug test, you will hair folicle drug test too. About 14% of the drivers I send to orientation fail that....Scary huh?
* Driving tests: I dont know the details of what is on it, but its not hard. Rarely do I ever have anyone fail it and the strange thing is usually when someone does fail it its a 5-10 year driver....go figure. Probably has something to do with cockiness and wanting to do things their way. I NEVER have new drivers fail it.
* Physical. The number 1 reason I see drivers fail this is high blood pressure. Even that doesnt disqualify you completely. If your blood pressure is really high, they usually send you home, tell you to go to a doctor for it and then come back.
Yes they do check your back out. and you are going have to be able to lift some semi-heavy boxes.
Not too many people fail the physical, however it does happen sometimes. Usually people that have no business driving in the first place.

As far as whether they call you into the office and ask you questions over and over....Ive never heard anyone complain about that, so Im guessing no. However, I have heard from some drivers having trouble in orientation because they worked for some small unverifyable trucking company and our investigations team needs more information.
Reality every job should be verified before you get to orientation...As long as you found a fax machine and we faxed you the v-release and you faxed it back signed. If you dont do that, and for some reason many drivers dont find the time....we wont verify anything until you sign it at orientation. Which can create some problems.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Being a new hire for J.B. Hunt, i shouldn't have a problem. However, what strikes me as odd is that they told me when i was with C.R. England that i had an accident and failed the post accident drug test.

This "failed drug test" really bothers me, C.R. England never gave me that option of taking a post accident drug test until after C.R. England fired me. J.B. Hunt told me as of this post that they cannot send me through orientation until 11/03/2008 :?: When i was told of this, in J.B. Hunt's policy, they cannot hire anyone until it as dropped off after 5 years. As of this post, i am in Chicago waiting to go to orientaion at J.B. Hunt's terminal here in Chicago. I've sat on my arse for 5 months now after my last company i drove for went belly up. I never missed a day of work and do as i am told.

Any present or past J.B. Hunt drivers know of this policy :?:
Old 07-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Senior Board Member

I considered being a new hir for JB, but the recruiter never even bothered to call me back
Old 07-16-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01
Being a new hire for J.B. Hunt, i shouldn't have a problem. However, what strikes me as odd is that they told me when i was with C.R. England that i had an accident and failed the post accident drug test.

This "failed drug test" really bothers me, C.R. England never gave me that option of taking a post accident drug test until after C.R. England fired me. J.B. Hunt told me as of this post that they cannot send me through orientation until 11/03/2008 :?: When i was told of this, in J.B. Hunt's policy, they cannot hire anyone until it as dropped off after 5 years. As of this post, i am in Chicago waiting to go to orientaion at J.B. Hunt's terminal here in Chicago. I've sat on my arse for 5 months now after my last company i drove for went belly up. I never missed a day of work and do as i am told.

Huh? Thats a new one on me. No offence, but with a failed drug test, I wouldnt have even tried getting you on over here. Ive been doing this a long time and although ive "heard" that a failed drug tests that is older than 5 years old is techincally reviewable, Ive never had a driver get past that review. So really, I dont even try. Perhaps you will be the first one Ive heard of getting through....let us know.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Driver
I considered being a new hir for JB, but the recruiter never even bothered to call me back
Believe it or not, we are really busy. And recruiting is sort of a "now" thing. A lot of recruiters say they will call you back and just get so busy with other drivers they just forget. Either that or maybe the job they were talking about you with filled.
Personally, Im pretty good about calling people back. However, with over 100 recruiters, occasionally you will get one that doesnt call back,
Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Default dcs chearleader

i am not a recruiter but a new recruit and i love working on my dcs account we have a lot of drivers wash out because our project mgr refused to coddle drivers lots of personal space and responablilit but the money is there if you want to work i have gotten all the miles i could eat this week i got home with only one hour on my 70 almost 4200 paid miles ....but i must confess the tripple digit loaner truck helped ...

funny thing though having a wide open truck really only saved me about 6 hours on the week ....and the suspension sucked i was kinda glad to get my well maintained turtlemobile back....definitily not a normal week i have only been getting about 3000 miles a week on average

best of luck to you
Old 07-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01

I guess this is a lesson to ALL drivers who want to keep driving. If you have a accident, and take the company drug test, and they tell you it failed, TAKE YOUR OWN DRUG TEST THAT DAY!!

Now, if you did drugs, then don't bother. You deserve a failed drug test on your DAC and DOT reports.

But if you didn't use drugs, and your test failed, you need to retake that test using a different lab. That is the only way you can ever get something removed if you can prove that the test was faulty. Otherwise, YOU'RE SCREWED!!!

The small cost of a new test is better than having a failed drug test on your record. And you need to do it that day.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'