User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default TMC

Was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to share with me their thoughts on this company...goood or bad. If you could either send me a PM or email me at [email protected]
My fiance has applied to the company but we are looking for a little feedback...good or bad...whats the home time like, whats the average length of time away....pay is it based on mileage or percentage? how that works and such or anything else someone may have to offer

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Erin
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Board Regular

I have not been up your way (MA) in years, as it pays good going in, but you get screwed coming out.

That is a tough one.

As far as the company, the guys I have run across that work there at TMC seem pretty happy. It all boils down to location.

MA has pretty much run out all of its manufacturing businesses, just as Michigan is in the process of, due to their liberal stances and taxation on such activity.

Your beau might want to look more towards LTL freight, or a move out of the NE to a more economically secure location that still has some manufacturing, and encourages such activity.

The main reason I do not do the Eastern Seaboard, you cannot get out without losing your ass.

But that does not mean much to you. Why don't you give TMC a call and ask some questions yourself. I am sure they will be more then happy to speak with you. And I say this in all sincerity.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Board Regular

Check out one of the 400 previous threads on TMC
Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...=16152&start=0

There's more information about TMC contained in that thread than I ever wanted to know! Also Flatbed Fred (goldiesplating) is an awesome resource when it comes to TMC, I know he runs a dedicated account somewhere up NE now, so should be very useful. They were one of my husbands' top picks but he was turned down. BOL
Old 12-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16152&start=0

There's more information about TMC contained in that thread than I ever wanted to know! Also Flatbed Fred (goldiesplating) is an awesome resource when it comes to TMC, I know he runs a dedicated account somewhere up NE now, so should be very useful. They were one of my husbands' top picks but he was turned down. BOL
Thanks for the compliments!!

Erin, feel free to PM or call me anytime. I also sent you an email.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Rookie

For what it's worth, I'll give a perspective from someone who has been researching for six months - I am not currently with the company, but have submitted my application, talked to a recruiter today, and am hoping for a pre-hire soon with sponsored school to follow.

From my research, there are few companies that equal what TMC has to offer: Excellent training, excellent pay (especially for newbies - percentage, performance-based), excellent hometime (most weekends), equipment you can be proud of, and honest recruiters.

Again, I've been looking for 6 months by viewing company websites, and mostly by viewing blogs and forums like these. Overall, TMC has more positive comments then negative - some negatives are honest, but there's many negative posters that you can easily dismiss as B.S. Always remember no company is perfect and a LOT relies on communication and a positive attitude. For flatbedding, Maverick is the only company similar - I just wouldn't want to drive an autoshift maroon freightliner, but that's just me.

Definitely check out Flatbedfred.com, and as a previous post said, there's lots of threads on CAD - they're long and may take a few hours to read, but they're WELL worth your time.

Also, I think the feel you get by those who post on TMC threads speaks a lot about what type of people TMC attracts, and in return, what type of company TMC is. BOL.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgiles
For what it's worth, I'll give a perspective from someone who has been researching for six months - I am not currently with the company, but have submitted my application, talked to a recruiter today, and am hoping for a pre-hire soon with sponsored school to follow.

From my research, there are few companies that equal what TMC has to offer: Excellent training, excellent pay (especially for newbies - percentage, performance-based), excellent hometime (most weekends), equipment you can be proud of, and honest recruiters.

Again, I've been looking for 6 months by viewing company websites, and mostly by viewing blogs and forums like these. Overall, TMC has more positive comments then negative - some negatives are honest, but there's many negative posters that you can easily dismiss as B.S. Always remember no company is perfect and a LOT relies on communication and a positive attitude. For flatbedding, Maverick is the only company similar - I just wouldn't want to drive an autoshift maroon freightliner, but that's just me.

Definitely check out Flatbedfred.com, and as a previous post said, there's lots of threads on CAD - they're long and may take a few hours to read, but they're WELL worth your time.

Also, I think the feel you get by those who post on TMC threads speaks a lot about what type of people TMC attracts, and in return, what type of company TMC is. BOL.
I can tell you're going to do FINE at TMC. PM me w/your name and I'll look up you application for you if you like.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Rookie

I started orientation in Columbia, SC on the 11th. The day before are log class we were told that if we were caught running illegal that you would be fired; in are log class the next day are instructor was giving tips to cut corners of the logs & tricks to fake the logs. Also with 3 different people are instructor brought up medical info in front of the class that pertained to the person which is a violation of HIPPA. So Thurs before lunch I called my recruiter to tell him what was going on. He had me talk to his supervisor to get a an investigation going. I told them that I wanted to leave & they kept asking what it would take for me to finish orientation. I told them I was willing to work with them ( I didn't know if the issue was the Columbia location or a TMC wide issue) I wanted sent home then to be sent to Des Monies the 1st opportunity. I was told to call back in an hour. After calling & leaving messages several times Thurs I was left stranded to get myself home Fri. Currently looking at other companies since TMC has yet to contact me.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Board Regular

If you have any other questions my husband drives for TMC and you can PM me also.
Bethany age 1 1/2
Old 12-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Check out one of the 400 previous threads on TMC
One of them is 80 pages long, and still growing!!