User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Cargill dedicated account with Jb Hunt

ok guys im currently with Knight transportation which I think is ok, and im being swayed to go with jb hunt to drive their dedicated Cargill account. anyone have any info.... and Sheepdancer is my recruiter.. so im asking if any drivers have info on this dedicated route.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Cranky,

What happened at May Trucking? Please share so newbies will know why you left them!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Cargill dedicated account with Jb Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyazz
ok guys im currently with Knight transportation which I think is ok, and im being swayed to go with jb hunt to drive their dedicated Cargill account. anyone have any info.... and Sheepdancer is my recruiter.. so im asking if any drivers have info on this dedicated route.
Let me get this out of the way.

I don't have anything nice to say about JB Hunt or Sheepdancer.

With that in mind, I wish you the best of luck in your transferr. Just be sure that you are going to get what you want before you quit Knight. And be sure that it's what YOU want to do to better your carreer. Don't be swayed, be certain. Try to get it in Writing if you can.

Please keep posting here, and keep us informed on what is going on.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Board Member

awww cluggy....you dont have anything nice to say about me?
I feel so special that you have made your litte anti-jb hunt rant personal and now its even about me. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyazz
Let me get this out of the way.

I don't have anything nice to say about JB Hunt or Sheepdancer.

With that in mind, I wish you the best of luck in your transferr. Just be sure that you are going to get what you want before you quit Knight. And be sure that it's what YOU want to do to better your carreer. Don't be swayed, be certain. Try to get it in Writing if you can.

Please keep posting here, and keep us informed on what is going on.

Cluggy619/Sheepdancer

I don't have a dog in this fight between you two . . . but I have seen it spill over into various threads.

Cluggy619 . . . your anti-JBH posts have apparently been deleted by the Mods. Can you summarize their content for us? What are your objections to JB Hunt? What were your personal experiences that have turned you against that company?

I've read what Sheepdancer says and his answers sound credible and fact-based. But your objections to the company are less clear and I (for one) want to know what they are.

I'm interested because JB Hunt recruits a lot of military and I think it's only fair to those guys that we get to the bottom of this.

I mean, either there's a serious problem with JB Hunt, or there isn't.

So let's find out . . . . Cluggy 619 . . . what's the problem with JB Hunt?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Half the problem is we have a couple of guys on here, that no matter what a recruiter says they think he is wrong and is a scum bag, doesn't matter if they have the facts to prove those people wrong, they still get personally attacked.

Those guys have a job to do. There out there to promote the company they work for, so they are not going to say the bad things about the industry and ect.. They are offering the advantages for that particular company. Plain and simple.

The best advice out there is to do your homework. Talking with a recruiter is only a small part, if you go into this industry just based on that your already set to fail. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. The only thing that will fail you is you!, not the recruiter, not the cdl school, or the company, you! In the end, you control your destiny, and only you.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman

Cluggy619/Sheepdancer

I don't have a dog in this fight between you two . . . but I have seen it spill over into various threads.

Cluggy619 . . . your anti-JBH posts have apparently been deleted by the Mods. Can you summarize their content for us? What are your objections to JB Hunt? What were your personal experiences that have turned you against that company?

I've read what Sheepdancer says and his answers sound credible and fact-based. But your objections to the company are less clear and I (for one) want to know what they are.

I'm interested because JB Hunt recruits a lot of military and I think it's only fair to those guys that we get to the bottom of this.

I mean, either there's a serious problem with JB Hunt, or there isn't.

So let's find out . . . . Cluggy 619 . . . what's the problem with JB Hunt?
Let me start by saying this. I'm not saying that the mods are deleting my post. But they are disappearing. And I've been over this time and time and time again. And now, I'm going to move on. As far as what happened, lacked of promised miles, along with other major things in consideration is what caused me to leave JB. But from now on, I will not harp on what has happened. I will just say that I have nothing nice to say. And wish the driver good luck with his/her endeavor.

As far as sheepdancer.....his view on drivers is lacking. He is grateful if he can make a buck on you. Everybody should read his posts....all of his post, and make your own decision. My decision about him has also been made clear on a number of post. But from now on, I will just state that I have nothing nice to say.

I did as much as I'm willing to do. But I think it time to let go of the past, and move to more positive fields.

'

Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Besides...when drivers try to express what goes on at JB, the thread gets locked. Like this one:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...=21793&start=0

This is a interesting thread to read. You should read it.

There are other drivers who will take it to JB. From now on, I'll sit back, and enjoy the view.

'

Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Besides...when drivers try to express what goes on at JB, the thread gets locked. Like this one:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...=21793&start=0

This is a interesting thread to read. You should read it.

There are other drivers who will take it to JB. From now on, I'll sit back, and enjoy the view.

OK, well, I read that thread and it's a little light on substance. There's a lot of personal attack going on, and there is some anecdotal evidence.

But there's very little conclusive evidence that there's a systemic problem at JBH.

The best "witness testimony" I read was actually something found on another thread:

JB Hunt is by all means the bottom of the bucket ! After many many years of driving and saying how I pity the guys that work for JB and I would never go there. Guess what
My wife wanted me home more often and I found a JB Hunt terminal less that 2 miles from my home. I put my pride in my pocket hid my face from everybody I knew and called JB.
They promised me a DCS account w/ JC Penny salary being $850.00 weekly + 25.00 per first drop and $8.00 any additional drops Home weekends, also part of the day and all night Tuesday and Thursday. No signon pay and $50.00 a day for orientation.
I thought this would be good for my wife and I to spend more time together. So I decided to go and try it out
First day of orientation: treated like a 2 yr old child along with the 60+ others. Second day of orientation WOW we get to go check out the trucks. knew they were Freight shakers. Have always been a pete driver (oh goodie) Just got out of a pete 387. (BTW I am company driver just giving you an Idea of JB's pack of lies which I am sure spreads to O/O division)
I noticed there are a heck of a lot flattop sleepers and decide to talk to big man there. And tell him. If you are planning to put me into one of those flattops do yourself a favor and don't waste my time nor yours. He came back with promise no flattops for me. Due to I have 30 yrs exp. driving... Ok OK good
3 days later after picking up my check for 136.00 orientation pay. I notice something wrong. Out of 60+ potential drivers in orientation. There are now 12 remaining ... Heres your sign
Next day I am assigned a Flat top truck oh well I will prolly get condo later. But not happy camper.
One week later WOW was out all week home finally Saturday night and had to go back out Sunday mid morning. another Lie heres your sign
Second week. Awesome ! I get my first check this Thursday Should be good $850.00 plus $25.00 x 6 stops NOT ! I got a check for $460.00 ... Now I am pissed. Go to office and ask where my $850.00 + drop pay is ... He asks. Where did you ever get the idea you were going to get that pay ....You are getting .36 cpm..(not good with low miles) And comments. You should know better than to listen to Recruiters ,, They are like used car sales men.. Now I am so mad I could rip his head off.. heres your sign
Come home talk to wife. Decided to give it 2 more weeks and move on if things don't change.
After 2 weeks were up. They begged me to stay. promised new truck and different pay scale. I just laughed in their face in the JC Pennies terminal office in front of big wigs of JCP.
Threw the truck keys on the desk, Laughed and told them to Ki$$ my A$$..... Moral of the story.. Dont Waste your time. I did it for you & JB Hunt IS the bottom of the bucket

Now . . . that's very clear anecdotal evidence. But, of what?

It deals with one man's experience with DCS account w/ JC Penny (whatever that is).

So is it an error on the part of the recruiters or JC Penny? Did the driver misunderstand?

Is this reflective of JBH or just a glitch?

I mean, it's a horror story and I feel for the driver and his spouse, but it doesn't really tell us anything about JBH.

Here's the bottom line, to me. This is what I and other new guys need know:

QUESTION # 1 Can anyone here provide clear evidence that JBH deliberately (or through inefficiency) routinely gives their drivers less than 2500 miles a week, on average?

I use 2500 because that's the number that I remember reading someplace (probably came from Sheepdancer) as being the average miles driven by a JBH driver per week. Is this number wrong? (Because if it isn't, then it's right up there with what other companies say they offer.)

QUESTION # 2 Now, if that's truly the average . . . then we can assume that some drivers are driving more than that . . . 2800, 3000, 3200, whatever.

And some are driving less.

We can assume that of those driving below average miles, some are doing it by choice and some are not.

Does anyone have clear evidence that there are a substantial number of JBH drivers who want more miles but are being denied those miles?

Cluggy619, you've offered partial anecdotal evidence that you got far fewer than 2500 miles per week.

But why? What were the circumstances? Was it a glitch or a reflection of systemic policy on the part of JBH?

I may be beating the horse to death.

But I'm trying to get you old-timers to understand this from my point of view.

My experience is that 99% of soldiers bitch. They all think whatever unit or ship they're on sucks . . . until they go to a new unit or ship and then that one sucks more.

But even if the unit or ship does suck, it is usually an isolated case. Historically, the Army (and Navy) are generally OK, but not all units are OK. I mean, you have to go back 30-35 years (Vietnam) to find a case of wide-spread systemic sucking (failure) in the military.

Us new guys need to understand JBH in the same way.

Is it a case that JBH is generally OK . . . but there are occasional problems . . . or are you guys saying that there is systemic failure at JBH?

If so . . . respectfully . . . you aren't providing the evidence for it.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman

Now . . . that's very clear anecdotal evidence. But, of what?

It deals with one man's experience with DCS account w/ JC Penny (whatever that is).

So is it an error on the part of the recruiters or JC Penny? Did the driver misunderstand?

Is this reflective of JBH or just a glitch?

I mean, it's a horror story and I feel for the driver and his spouse, but it doesn't really tell us anything about JBH.

Here's the bottom line, to me. This is what I and other new guys need know:

QUESTION # 1 Can anyone here provide clear evidence that JBH deliberately (or through inefficiency) routinely gives their drivers less than 2500 miles a week, on average?

I use 2500 because that's the number that I remember reading someplace (probably came from Sheepdancer) as being the average miles driven by a JBH driver per week. Is this number wrong? (Because if it isn't, then it's right up there with what other companies say they offer.)

QUESTION # 2 Now, if that's truly the average . . . then we can assume that some drivers are driving more than that . . . 2800, 3000, 3200, whatever.

And some are driving less.

We can assume that of those driving below average miles, some are doing it by choice and some are not.

Does anyone have clear evidence that there are a substantial number of JBH drivers who want more miles but are being denied those miles?

Cluggy619, you've offered partial anecdotal evidence that you got far fewer than 2500 miles per week.

But why? What were the circumstances? Was it a glitch or a reflection of systemic policy on the part of JBH?

I may be beating the horse to death.

But I'm trying to get you old-timers to understand this from my point of view.

My experience is that 99% of soldiers bitch. They all think whatever unit or ship they're on sucks . . . until they go to a new unit or ship and then that one sucks more.

But even if the unit or ship does suck, it is usually an isolated case. Historically, the Army (and Navy) are generally OK, but not all units are OK. I mean, you have to go back 30-35 years (Vietnam) to find a case of wide-spread systemic sucking (failure) in the military.

Us new guys need to understand JBH in the same way.

Is it a case that JBH is generally OK . . . but there are occasional problems . . . or are you guys saying that there is systemic failure at JBH?

If so . . . respectfully . . . you aren't providing the evidence for it.
Let me try this one more time.

1. I was OTR. Promised 2500 to 2800 miles by the recruiter. Told that the range would be 2300 - 2500 miles at orientation.

I got 1700 - 2300 miles. I took everything they would give me, including alot of 200-300 miles runs. I ask to double up on the smaller runs. I ask to run 7 days a week while getting smaller runs. I did everything I could to get as many miles as I could. The last week I worked, i did get 2300. Most of my pay was based around 1700-2000 miles @ .34 cpm.

In order to work there, I gave you my local job that I was getting 37,000-42,000 per year. I did check this board. I, too, was warned by other drivers. I didn't listen, and i paid for it.

2. I caught them shaving miles. I had to use several different mileage programs to catch, using all types of ways from practical to household, and finally, and older version of Rand McNally. And I found that the miles they were offering to pay were 10% short of what they should have been. Another-words, They would offer as payment 500 miles for a trip that my programs would say should have been around 540 - 575, depending on the method use to calculate miles. It stopped after I threaten to exposed them.

Now, we are not talking about running miles, where the 10% variance should be. I could have put up with that. We are talking about what they offer before you move the truck. After doing some calculation on my own, I figured I was shorted around 6500 miles during my 2 months with them. Once I discovered this, I terminated my job with them. If you wish to check this out, just start using your own programs....best yet, get a copy of Rand McNelly. It's costly, though.

Their are other things that I have put up with....rude dispatchers, unable to get a pay-stub, minor things that when you add it all up, made the job even more difficult. But these things goes with OTR driving, I guess. They were a factor, but a small one.

With all of this being said, I'm done trying to warn drivers. Instead I will wish them the best, and hope they do better than me at JB. I will go on to start post what I'm doing at my current position, going into detail starting Jan 1st, 2007.

Hope this was enough for you, but if not, it's all I got.

'