View Poll Results: If starting out new, Who would you go with?
Werner 6 40.00%
Swift 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had some dealings with a Swift recruiter recently that soured me on the entire company.

The recruiter, who will remain nameless, called me and told me I should've recieved a pre-hire from them a week earlier. I told him that I never got one and asked him to fax me one the next day, to which he agreed.

I got to class the next day and there was no pre-hire. I call him that afternoon to talk to him a little more about the company, and seemed to be very inept about the company. I finally told him that I would just go ahead with Werner because I set up an orientation with them in March.

At this point he got kind of upset and said, "You know what, yeah fine, just go drive for Werner. Bye." and then he hung up. If I ever decide to go with them in the future, I would be open to go through someone other than that unprofessional individual.

In other words, I appreciate all the great feedback and suggestions, But I have decided that I will start out my Driving Career with Werner.

Once again thank every one of you.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Most newbies go with WERNER because Werner has better trucks than Swift.Get a new Pete or KW out of school.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Board Regular

Since when did
We
Employ
Retards
No
Education
Required

Start handing out new Petes and Kenworths?

And to the original poll question:
neither.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Neither. Those are the biggest loser outifits (pay wise). You can prolly get a job around home driving a box truck for $12/hr and making more than those guys. Try Roehl, IMO.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullitor
Most newbies go with WERNER because Werner has better trucks than Swift.Get a new Pete or KW out of school.
Friday at school alot of the guys that were graduating were talking and I asked the big question... So what company are you planning on going with? This one guy spouted out Our whole class decided to go to Werner... I about fell in the floor :? :shock: If it wasn't for this site I would have choosen someone like Covenant to go with, but because I belive in educating yourself with all the facts and doing research about the different companies out there I am better informed than I was when I first started looking. I also gave insight on some questions that newbies should ask recruiters not just take their word for it... Things to cover are pay, beneies, additional pays, bounses, hometime... :idea: and one of my classmates spouted out well why would you ask stuff like that... I thought all of that is covered in the broucher... OK... hmmmmm Well lets say that the info you got could be a couple years old, What is the current information. I learned along time ago that it is better to ask the question then take them for their word.

Truck 81221

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-26-2006, 03:56 PM

When I got out of school in 07/2004 I went with Werner after their training with 1 incompetent trainer and the second better qualified trainer, I tested out in Springfield OH(this town sux)and recieved a new KW with only 82 miles on it I put over 50,000 in the 5 months I drove before going to JB HUNT I left after the first day of orientation and went back to Werner.

I have talked with Swift drivers in truckstops and they liked driving for Swift .As far as deciding on who to go with I agree with other people on this post and you should check all the possibilities before going with a Big Name company.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
If it wasn't for this site I would have choosen someone like Covenant to go with, but because I belive in educating yourself with all the facts and doing research about the different companies out there I am better informed than I was when I first started looking.
So what was your educated reason for not liking what Covenant had to offer?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Board Regular

I do believe that here on Class A Drivers discussions about every company has come up, allowing people to find out more about companies... I have gained alot of insight about most of the companies, since almost all of the topics on here were discussed, like pay, benefits, hometime, etc. etc. etc... Most of the big companies like Swift, Werner, Schneider, TMC, Covenant, FFE, and on and on and on... Also discussed here was dry van, refer, flat bed, along with local, dedicated, regional runs. With all of this I have a better idea of what companies are out there, along with making informed decisions about these companies, based on pay, benifits, hometime, plus alot more by having this information available to me, just like everyone else here.

Truck 81221

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Board Regular

Still you did not give any solid hard core facts as to why it would have been a bad choice but nothing the less good luck to you.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Rookie
Default Not Swift

Went with Swift out of school and only took 3 weeks before I told them to stick it. Currently finished orientation Transport America, and the difference is night and day, But in the end everyone has their own preferances.