View Poll Results: Western Express; Good or Bad??
Good 2 33.33%
Bad 0 0%
No Opinion 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Western Express; good or bad?

Professional drivers & good teachers; I?ll be going to work for Western Express next month. Are there any drivers or former drivers for this company out there that can tell me something about this company? I have read their website, but would like to know information that is not on their website from the drivers themselves. Thanks in advance. Go safely; see you on the big road! :rock:
Old 11-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Board Regular

From SafeStat:

Western:
ISS Inspection Value: 99
ISS Recommendation: INSPECT

Nearby Star:
ISS Inspection Value: 41
ISS Recommendation: PASS

That 99 is out of 100. Wow.

M
Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Rookie

I recently left Western Xpress after my 3rd trip. As for the hiring/orientation process it went quite smoothly. Then once I met my dispatcher it went downhill quickly. Without mentioning names, he had the personality of a rabid pit bull. He came on very strong and got in my face right off the get go. I did not meet anyone in dispatch that even came close to presenting a personality that I could accept. They all gave the impression that they could care less about anything I had to say. If you can put up with them not caring one bit about you and talking to you like you are nothing but trash then go for it. In my 55 years on this planet and also being retired military I have never been as disrespected as I was there. I would highly recommend re-thinking it over.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Senior Board Member

i hate to say bad things about companies but i have not heard or read one good things about this company
Old 11-20-2005, 08:09 PM

well, I almost went w them but found a more local co., but I have not heard any neg about them.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Thanks for the feedback

Kandieman, classicxl, retscpo94, macdoogle; I appreciate your feedback on Western Express. Hearing from drivers that say they have not heard anything bad about them is a good thing. I know that neither this company nor any company will please every driver and each driver's experience is different. Western Express is probably a company not without its own share of problems. :? Dispatchers neither here nor anywhere else are not always the best and the brightest. :P :withstupid: There is no such thing as a doctorate degree for dispatching. :lol: :lol: I have seen Western Express trucks on the road and they look pretty decent. :moose: Unfortunately I haven?t had the opportunity to see one in a truck stop or talk to any driver yet. I hope to read on this forum some feedback from current drivers and former drivers for Western Express. Thanks in advance. Go safely; see you on the big road! :rock:
Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 AM

Just returned from orientation in Nashville, and it went well. I will get a trainer after Thanksgiving...rode from Nashville to Atlanta with a gut in orientation with me...he was experienced and got his truck# and first load...they move quick...1 1/2 days orientation and you get truck with dispatch after. 2005 Volvos...his truck had 130,000 miles. I will get with atrainer for a few weeks then assigned my truck and I'm off. They have all the miles you want to run...I was talking to drivers and no one is sitting around. Equipmnt is all Freightshakers & Volvos...all the guys in my orientation got 05' Volvos...except one...05' Freightshaker Midroof Columbia for the flatbed division.

I will follow up when I get out with trainer.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retscpo94
I recently left Western Xpress after my 3rd trip. As for the hiring/orientation process it went quite smoothly. Then once I met my dispatcher it went downhill quickly. Without mentioning names, he had the personality of a rabid pit bull. He came on very strong and got in my face right off the get go. I did not meet anyone in dispatch that even came close to presenting a personality that I could accept. They all gave the impression that they could care less about anything I had to say. If you can put up with them not caring one bit about you and talking to you like you are nothing but trash then go for it. In my 55 years on this planet and also being retired military I have never been as disrespected as I was there. I would highly recommend re-thinking it over.
One thing a lot of guys miss.I'm NOT MAKING FUN OF Retscpo94,
BUT you not employed to be the Dispatchers buddy!WHO CARES if he likes you.Most dispatchers are a bunch of Duchebags,They've NEvER DRIVEN A RIG,You are a number to them.DEAL WITH IT!Can you make good money at western? YES, Can you drive nice equipment? YES!
Those are the most important things.Ican care less if my S.T.L. (Dispatcher in Schneider Parlence)Thinks I'm his buddy /friend.But Learn to play the game.Always joke with them,Laugh at there jokes and funny stories.IT GETS YOU BETTER RUNS!!!