User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Getting back on the road.

I am a recently retired police officer looking to get back into trucking. I have held a class A CDL for many years, and have a current Med card. I previously moonlighted for a local trucking company here in Central Jersey. I ran all the Piers in NY and NJ as well as local assignments running into NY, NJ and PA. I ran a steady Central Jersey to NYC nightly for quite a while. I would require a brief refresher with a co-driver for about a week or two in order to re-familiarize myself with the industry as my driving experience is not recent.

My DMV as well as my Criminal history is spotless. I have a stable 25 year job history and am currently employed since retirement in a related Security field but I do not enjoy sitting behind a desk.

I require no medical benefits as that is included in my retirement. I will not work for a company that pays on a 1099 as I will conduct myself as a professional and I would expect your company to do the same. ( Professional companies do not pay on a 1099) I am not looking to become a "Road Warrior" I would like to run out a week or two followed by a reasonable amount of home time.

Granted, I might be asking a lot but I believe in being open and up front with my expectations.

If you may be interested please respond to my e-mail address at P399 @ Comcast.net

Thank you.