User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Central PA, looking for a job

My name is Mike Hamilton and I'm 49 years old and live in Newcumberland, Pa. I just recently (4/28/2009) graduated from YCST (York County School of Technology) truck driving school in York, Pa and obtained my class A CDL with dbl/trip, tanker, and Hazmat endorsements. Our class/instruction also included Defensive driving, CPR certification, Forklift certification, as well as PTDI certification.
The instruction was 11 weeks long, and during that time I drove roughly 675mi with box trailors 48' & 53' (both loaded and empty), roughly 165mi with dbls, and 5 hours of night driving.
I have no moving violations or acccidents on my driving record, no arrests for anything in my past. I also have a very stable and reliable work history.
I am looking for a local or regional driving position or a yard jockey position that will have me home daily and on weekends. If anyone can assist me in my search I would be very appreciative...

Thank You,
Mike

I can be contacted at the following e-mail address : [email protected]
Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Rookie
Default Central PA, STILL looking for job

I've talked to quite a few companies, but it appears that since I don't have 6mo or to a years experience, they're not hiring (insurance reasons, I guess). I still need help finding a position, a refresher course is from my school is not an issue. I just need someone to take a chance on me, I won't let them down.

Thanks,
Mike Hamilton

Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Rookie

Did you try the mega carriers? Prime,Swift,Werner,Schneider, C.R England?
Those are the companies that you might get lucky with, that's the only places I can think of. BOL:thumbsup: