View Poll Results: the worst truckstops!

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • flying j

49 31.21%
  • petro

10 6.37%
  • williams

8 5.10%
  • pilot

52 33.12%
  • ta

38 24.20%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the worst truckstops!

countrysidecowboy2002 Guest

ok,,,ive done your favorite truckstops or roadside diners,,,i need to know where you had bad service and if you want,,tell us a bit about it!

joker Guest

:aktion035: Without a doubt....flying hook..they always have
    as line waiting to pay for fuel, etc. one aisle for drivers'
    merchandise....6 aisles for tourists,etc....plus they are the
    only truckstop chain that DOESN'T have a separate drivers'
    section in the restaurant.....you have to wait to get a seat
    behind tourists, buses & rvs......I rest my case :aktion064.gif:

frontdoor Guest

:aktion035:
    yessir....flying 'j' gets my vote...them and pilot have more
    trash hanging around...plus they have more lot lizzards than
    all the 'houses' in Nevada.....if you don't want to sleep, stay
    at a 'j'..... :sauer005: :sauer005:

bkh Guest

:sauer030:right on! only thing the "J"s have decent is cheap
    fuel....everything else is a ripoff.....you said it all about trash....they have more garbage hanging around than a garbage wagon.... half the time can't find a seat in the tv
    room...every transient, pan-handler and hitch-hiker is asleep
    in the chairs....they should adopt 'Effingham Petro's' policy
    no CDL...no tv/movie room....agree on restaurant policy too..
    in Jackson, Ms had to get on 'waiting list' to get a seat.....said
    'no thanks'... :aktion047:

68-1010632524 Guest

:angry:

I agree about the "J", but the T/A has gone to #### in a hurry as has most truckstops.

It seems now that tourists have full run of these places. Just look at the RVs camped out in front while the managment gets pissed off about a truck parked for 2 hours. I must admit the truckers have brought a lot of the trouble on themselves. Anybody who has occupied a parking space in any of the above mentioned stops will agree.

instigator Guest

:aktion064.gif: Don't take this the wrong way guys and girls I am in no way defending the " flyin hook" fact is the sickest a truck stop ever made me was the flyin hook in Warrenton, MO and they can kiss my :aktion081: I know i'll never eat there again! But my vote has got to go to the Pilot Corp. as they never have enough parking and everything is fast food :aktion088: . It seems as if they just want you to come in, spend a buck and get the #### out of their parking lot. So I do as little bussiness with them as possible.

The fact of the matter is that all the truck stops are leaning more and more to the four-wheelers and forgot they have a responsibility to the industry that gave them a start and their main bussiness on a daily bussiness. Can't wait 'till Cracker Barrel decides to open up a truck stop at least you know who they cater to, but at least they have decent food! Anyone ever notice how nomatter what truck stop you stop at the food is all the same?

countrysidecowboy2002 Guest

[color=#000000ost_uid12]IVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED THE WORLDS WORSE CHAINWIDE TRUCKSTOP!PETRO STOPPING CENTER IN ATLANTA,GEORGIA!!THE SERVICE IN THE RESTURANT IS SO TERRIBLY BAD AND THE "LUNCH BUFFETT"WAS SOMETHING LIKE THEY DUG UP FROM ONE OF THOSE ROACH COACHES.THE SO CALLED SERCURITY STAND NEAR THE RESTURANT CASHIER IS A JOKE WITH THOSE UNDERPAID Cops ALWAYS ON THERE CELL PHONES AND WHEN THERE NOT ON THERE CELL PHONES THERE CHECKING OUT EVERY WOMEN THAT WALKS BY LIKE THERE A SLAB OF MEAT!!THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY FROM THE C STORE TO THE FUEL DESK!!I COULD GO ON AND ON,BUT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IAM COMING FROM.[/colorost_uid12]

Edited By bluebeetle on 1054216680

bayourose is offline Member

[color=#000000ost_uid0]TA;Jessup Maryland,It would take a whole page to tell you my experiance there last jan.I will run out of fuel befor they get my business :veryangry:[/colorost_uid0]
    Let the road take you where it may,just remember those who touched you along the way.

shadetree4u is offline Member

I-85 Pilot @ exit 129... always a wait at night and parking is always a problem. Trucks have taken it to themselves to make new parking in the grass. The scale is always packed too. Avoid in the late evening!!! Then there is the TA on exit 52 on I-285... If you like the lizards go there!

dualqwad is offline Member

Default Both T/A's in Ontario, Ca.

The T/A's twins in Ontario, Ca. (I-10 Milliken exit) are also bad news. :roll:
    Too bad that they're just about the only two places around, unless you want to count that lousy dirt pit just a bit further east past I-15 (Cherry exit off I-10).
    I think that one's called TruckTown or something.
    Truth is, I'm not quite sure what it's called since the mere sight of it is enough to keep me from wanting to turn in there and check that place out. :shock:
    You'd think that for a metro area that big, SoCal would have a few more decent truckstops. :evil:
    You could learn alot from a dummy.
    BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELT

kreeper01 is offline Senior Board Member

Default Truck Stops

Flying J's, Petro's and Pilots seem to be bad in terms with Lot Lizards and they have very tight parking. :roll:

Alexx Guest

Well, I've been away from the OTR business for nearly 10 years, but these were some of my all-time least favorites:

TA at Gary IN (Portage, I believe): Lousy food, surly service, awful parking, filthy showers.

TA Nashville: Same

any Burns Brother's truckstop: Geez, these people don't even try to make the place decent!

A Truckstop at Ripon, CA that I can't remember the name of: If this place were a prison, the government would declare it inhumane and close it down. Nasty lot lizards, scam artists, filthiest showers on earth, awful restaurant, etc. I can only hope it's been demolished.

Most Canadian Husky stops: Not unsafe, but poorly maintained and overpriced.

Garden State truck plaza: Take chances with your life if you sleep or eat here. I didn't dare try the shower...

Any truckstop in South Carolina: I don't know why, but this entire state is always innundated with lot lizards!

thank you folks for your input on my "poll"and thank you alexx for your input as you had no problem of several "bad"truckstops!as for the truckstop in Ripon,California...i cant think of the name meself at the moment,but i generally know which one you described.
    "help another American in need,and you will be rewarded 10 times fold."

Alexx Guest

Oh, I just remembered 2 more! Can't quite recall all the details on them, though. As before, my recollections are about a decade old:

Worcester MA: Can't remember the name of this hole-in-the-wall. I believe it was next to the old jailhouse. Small, filthy place, no restaurant, and the showers were likewise awful. What really stands out were the coin-operated showers! You had to put quarters in to get hot water-just like a car wash. If you ran a little long, the hot water would shut off, leaving you searching through your pockets. Experienced people would put a stack of quarters on top of the coin-op machine. Cold water was free, though. The Pakastanis who owned the place didn't seem to think the showers neede more than a weekly cleaning....

Champlain, NY: First exit after the Canadian border. Unpaved lot, lousy food at the restaurant, and quite possibly the most digusting showers on the planet. Keep your boots on when using this place! However, once you cross the border, there was a very nice little truckstop in Monte Guay, PQ. Food was good, prices reasonable (except for fuel), definately a place to go.

Well its a toss up between the flying hook and Pilot both could pass for kerrbys. Because they suck. No parking and no good food. and showers that are bad.

solo379 is offline Senior Board Member

Are not they all the same, with the few exception? :lol:

Alexx Guest

You know, Sapp Brothers and Rip Griffin should be included. Love's and Bosselman's, too.

Funk Humor is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by countrysidecowboy2002
    IVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED THE WORLDS WORSE CHAINWIDE TRUCKSTOP!PETRO STOPPING CENTER IN ATLANTA,GEORGIA!!THE SERVICE IN THE RESTURANT IS SO TERRIBLY BAD AND THE "LUNCH BUFFETT"WAS SOMETHING LIKE THEY DUG UP FROM ONE OF THOSE ROACH COACHES.THE SO CALLED SERCURITY STAND NEAR THE RESTURANT CASHIER IS A JOKE WITH THOSE UNDERPAID Cops ALWAYS ON THERE CELL PHONES AND WHEN THERE NOT ON THERE CELL PHONES THERE CHECKING OUT EVERY WOMEN THAT WALKS BY LIKE THERE A SLAB OF MEAT!!THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY FROM THE C STORE TO THE FUEL DESK!!I COULD GO ON AND ON,BUT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IAM COMING FROM.
    Edited By bluebeetle on 1054216680
    be glad you didnt go down the road a ways. the TA in Atlanta makes the Petro look like a cloud nestled in Heaven...
    Get out of the Resturaunt and move your truck out of the Fuel lanes!

TruckinRanger is offline Board Regular

I would have to say pilot. They have the nastiest bathrooms i've seen, they only serve fast food, I do like fast food ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE. When I stop for a hard earned meal I like some "home" cooking.
    I would rather fail at something that will ultimately succeed rather than succeed at something that will ultimately fail.

yoopr is offline Board Icon

T/A's in Albuquerque-Buckeye Road in Phoenix-Ontario

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast