User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default eLog edited by a dispatcher..Need info

To make a long story short.. I drive a day cab ..I was called in to pick up a empty trlr before my route ...I was in a hurry not to be late for my bid..I forgot to log on to Qualcom..

So when i started my route I did the norm pre trip,,checked Paper logged on to QQ... As I was on my route the Dispatcher went in and added the time at the perfect time that caused me to violate a the eight hour rest break. then when he saw it caused a violation he decided to edit my log nine times to correct it so there would be no violation ...We are not allowed to edit or logs.. I could have done it correct and legal,,,This ***** added to my log with nine edits ...I refuse to approve this day log do to the fact it not my log....Any ideas
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You could fight it or just let it go. He kept you from showing a violation. I would let it go and forget about it.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Rookie

Yes I agree,, However I do not think it is legal for anyone to edit a drivers log..
Old 11-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Board Icon

I was told by a user (not management,) that the only line you can't edit is the drive line. However, if editing the On duty line makes it default to driving as soon as the gps location changed...

Still... I wouldn't argue with them editing it to keep you from getting a violation.

I think these elogs are going to prove to be no more "accurate" than what we can do with paper logs. However... I THINK that they would have written the programming in such a way that carriers can do whatever the DOT has decided to "accept" and nothing more. I don't like having to "approve" logs that I can't even understand half the time, either! But, I don't think "I" can be held responsible for any edits made by my carrier. and in YOUR case... it seems that they corrected YOUR mistake... and saved your butt.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Rookie

When they edit your logs the original can still be seen (their end only) and they must enter a reason for the log being changed. Wouldn't worry about it. What they do on their end can't be done by you, and can't be held against you.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Senior Board Member

I know this is a little late but why not put a note like "edited by____" then approve it?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Thumbs down

FYI... the log editor did you a favor. The only status that CANNOT be edited on elogs is the "driving" status. I would have handled it differently, I would have called you, told you to bring the truck back, park it, write you up for a log violation and told you to go home until your next 10 hour break was up. You screwed up by logging in early or not logging in. The system/truck will log the miles for all miles regardless and the dispatcher probably just looked at the log information and updated the log to when you started to keep you out there making money. YOU were in violation, someone did YOU a favor and now YOU are butthurt? Sounds about right for the drivers who sit on silk pillows... while having their index finger stuffed up their nose..
Old 01-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Board Icon

Well... Fozzy... I DO sit on a little "travel pillow" I got from a Pilot T/S. I call it my "fart pillow." I sit on it because many truck seats on a bit too hard (or lumpy) for my FLAT Azz! And... I only pick my nose when I have an excess of mucous that dried up over night, or FROZE solid while I was standing out in 11 degree weather just to smoke a cigarette. Lol.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well... Fozzy... I DO sit on a little "travel pillow" I got from a Pilot T/S. I call it my "fart pillow." I sit on it because many truck seats on a bit too hard (or lumpy) for my FLAT Azz! And... I only pick my nose when I have an excess of mucous that dried up over night, or FROZE solid while I was standing out in 11 degree weather just to smoke a cigarette. Lol.
Satin pillow of course... I have a job now where I rarely sit down.. getting my 10k steps per day..