User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hours of Service Overhaul

Please check out this one page site illustrating the danger that the FMCSA's hours of service (HOS) regulations pose to drivers and the public and sign the petition to overhaul them.

HOS Overhaul
Old 10-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGerard View Post
Please check out this one page site illustrating the danger that the FMCSA's hours of service (HOS) regulations pose to drivers and the public and sign the petition to overhaul them.

HOS Overhaul
Heeeere it comes again.. the old "we drivers know when we are tired and would NEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER drive when tired".. pardon me while I yawn..
Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member

The HOS have Never been as Screwed up as before the Feds bent over to all the Anti Trucking groups to Fix the Tired Trucking Problem. If I was elevated to the GOD of the FMCSA this would be my fix for the HOS issue first off go back to the Original 70/8 with NO RESETS unless the driver is coming off of more than 48 hours AT HIS HOME ADDRESS. This way Drivers would get good quality TIME with their Families. Next on my agenda would be Lost time with Shippers and Receivers. They would have 90 Mins from the Appointment time to have you OUT the GATE Loaded or Empty or MANDATORY Detention Time would kick in. Now here is how the Rates would be figured so there is no Screaming from drivers. The Shippers and Receivers would be Required under Federal Penalty of Law to pay the Carriers and I mean ALL Carriers Detention time that was equal to 150% of the Rate Per MILE that truck would make going down the Road at 60 MPH for 1 hour at a Time. Now for the Drivers they would get 1.5 Hours rate of their Pay per Mile. Percentage Drivers would figure out the rates and go according to that formula. 3rd on my list Driver Unloading by Receivers NO MORE You Ordered it YOUR GOING TO UNLOAD IT and NOT WITH LUMPERS EITHER. Your EMPLOYEES are going to do it.

Last thing on the list is Safe Parking Full Support for Jason's Bill or find away to get Rest Areas reopened even it if is with parking only.