User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Interesting info on how Dac works

I am signing up my company with Hireright. Obviously truck abandonment is a strong deterrent on someone's dac report. Also you see they pay you for all info, both good and bad. The big companies must make good money on this. This is what I got back from the sales rep:

The driver abandonment and other issues is one of the main reasons we started the DAC driver employment History File in the early 1980’s. It was getting to be a real problem in the industry. Guys would mess over a company then go down the street and do the same to the next company. Companies banded together and decided to put a stop to these bad drivers and their irresponsible behavior. Then the DAC blossomed into what it has turned into today, the nation’s premier industry sharing file of driver previous employment histories and previous DOT D&A test histories. We would welcome your submissions; good and bad. As a matter of fact think of it as an industry sharing file! We will credit your account $2.40 for every new termination record you submit to us and $.20 for every new DOT D&A test history. We will let you go back up to 60 months as well. This is an ongoing credit. This is what keeps out employment history file fresh and vibrant.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Trouble is the Companies have also used DAC aka Hireright to screw Drivers out of Jobs. Lets see here in 99 when I was a Driver for Millis they tried to claim I had an Accident with them in CA when 3 thing where wrong I was Never in Cali with them I was on Home time during the time that accident happened and the best one was I was Not charged with a DUI. Or their Other attempt to DAC me was better anyone remember the Blizzard of 99 when the Midwest got Buried under 30 Inches of Snow and shut down the Entire Midwest for 4 days. I ended up 1 day late on a load due to that and was charged with failure to provide Service to our Customers. Hello McFly everyone was Late that week.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Senior Board Member

It is a good tool to use in conjunction with other resources. To rely 100% on it isn't very smart. Over the years I've found quite a few that "forgot" they worked someplace for a few weeks/months.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Rookie

Remember drivers, you can add a rebuttal to your DAC (HireRight) report! I try to help applicants/employees to get things corrected when they are wrong and even when there is a valid explanation of what occurred. It is your livelihood at stake! Find out who your previous employers report to and check your reports!