User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hours of Service Overhaul

If you think that the current hours of service rules need to be replaced with common sense rules that will return some sort of sanity to the industry then check out this site and sign the petition to completely overhaul the current rules.

HOS Overhaul

It's time to take a stand and let your voice be heard.

Please pass the word and repost this link on your other social media sites.

Dave
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Board Regular

Be nice if people stopped dividing the attention and start focusing it to one point.

OOIDA has already got some hint like this in the works. It helps having bigger numbers back he voice.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The current rules do tend to make roads less safe, as do the eobr's. I think that it would be more practical and make more sense to totally eliminate the hos. It would get rid of a political football and a means for anti trucking lawyers who earn their living by shaking down carriers and their insurance companies. Lawyers use the hos to transfer fault from a 4 wheeler who may actually be responsible for an accident, to the CDL driver who may be off with his logs. It could save billions of dollars in legal and compliance costs. I read something the other day that a congressman has proposed a bill to eliminate the hos. I wish him luck. I wish that I could recall his name. I would like to send him a thank you and a note of support.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
The current rules do tend to make roads less safe, as do the eobr's. I think that it would be more practical and make more sense to totally eliminate the hos. It would get rid of a political football and a means for anti trucking lawyers who earn their living by shaking down carriers and their insurance companies. Lawyers use the hos to transfer fault from a 4 wheeler who may actually be responsible for an accident, to the CDL driver who may be off with his logs. It could save billions of dollars in legal and compliance costs. I read something the other day that a congressman has proposed a bill to eliminate the hos. I wish him luck. I wish that I could recall his name. I would like to send him a thank you and a note of support.
i agree 100% sadly i think we lost on both accounts tho.

Tags
hours of service