User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Speeding ticket and notifying state and employer??

Got a speeding ticket today in my personal car. Yes I was doing 24 in 20 zone. I live in a small town and there is a two block section that is 20 mph. Guess the town needs money, because the cops love to pull people over there. Zoned out and got pulled over and ticketed. No points just a $60 dollar fine.

Dot states:

"(a) Each person who operates a commercial motor vehicle, who has a commercial driver's license issued by a State or jurisdiction, and who is convicted of violating, in any type of motor vehicle, a State or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation) in a State or jurisdiction other than the one which issued his/her license, shall notify an official designated by the State or jurisdiction which issued such license, of such conviction. The notification must be made within 30 days after the date that the person has been convicted.

(b) Each person who operates a commercial motor vehicle, who has a commercial driver's license issued by a State or jurisdiction, and who is convicted of violating, in any type of motor vehicle, a State or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation), shall notify his/her current employer of such conviction. The notification must be made within 30 days after the date that the person has been convicted. If the driver is not currently employed, he/she must notify the State or jurisdiction which issued the license according to §383.31(a)."

I'll make a copy of the ticket and give it to my employer to notify them, but what about the state? I got the ticket in the state I live in, so they will know about it. Is that enough?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM

"in a State or jurisdiction other than the one which issued his/her license, shall notify an official designated by the State or jurisdiction which issued such license, of such conviction."
That should be your answer to your question. Most states don't notify other states of violations of out of state drivers.

Last edited by Chunker; 03-10-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker View Post
"in a State or jurisdiction other than the one which issued his/her license, shall notify an official designated by the State or jurisdiction which issued such license, of such conviction."
That should be your answer to your question. Most states don't notify other states of violations of out of state drivers.
Missed that. Thanks, that answers my question.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 AM

No problem. Every year, most companies will send for a check on your license activity usually from the state you're out of and maybe another one you may of had a previous license in. It was funny to me when I had to tell the company person that, 1. I do have a class A in the state of Oregon, not the class B I had in CA. and 2. It's not expired yet. They were all fired up to let me sit in a company yard and empty out the truck til it got straightened out. I had to call the safety director and have him explain how stupid they were acting. Such as, how did I get hired to drive a class 8 truck with only a class B license? geez, some people get on such power trips at that company. Glad I left them for a more family oriented business.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Board Icon

4 miles over?? You should have gone to traffic court and spoke to the prosecutor. He'd have dropped it or reduced it to a non-moving violation and they still get the money... but it doesn't hit your CSA score (I don't think.)