User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Csa

Why is CSA so screwed up? I had a driver get a warning ticket for parking on a ramp of a rest area because he had to go to the bathroom and there was no more parking spots. The driver walked into the rest area and when he came out the officer was at the truck. The driver said the officer was nice and gave him a warning ticket. I was informed that for this warning ticket he now gets 3 CSA points. Why is this? I did not think in this country you could be penalized for anything unless you plead guilty or found guilty in a court of law. Signing the bottom of any ticket either warning or actual citation is not an admission of guilt. The officers make sure you know that when you sign it. So how does this program put points on you when there is no trial or proof of guilt?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

did he get the warning on a dot inspection.....?
if yes then nothing you can do because you can't appeal a warning.
if no then NO CSA POINTS

he can only get CSA points from a dot inspection or accident report.. so he can get a ticket and not get CSA points if it's not on a dot inspection
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 AM

The warning accompanied a so called level 3 inspection. All the officer looked at was the tractor registration from what I was told. He never asked to see the logbook (which I believe if he did he would have got a ticket for that since he was technically off duty but I'm sure he was still on the driving line since he said he couldn't hold it and had to run to the bathroom). Officer supposedly never asked for any other paperwork besides liscense and registration.

My thing is a warning is a warning. There is no admission of guilt and no proof of guilt. Seems as this CSA crap is a total infringement on the drivers rights since they can take away your liscense because of it. We have another contractor that is leased to the same company that is fighting CSA points on one of his tractors because a officer gave one of his drivers a ticket saying his tires weren't load rated right. The trailers are company trailers and all the tires are the same tires. The company is even helping in the fight even with proof of it they are still having to fight it and don't know if they can even get the points off. CSA throws the judicial system out the window and gives all the power to one person.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There are a number of problems with CSA. But, CSA points have nothing to do with your CDL, other than accumulating points on your personal score. Your license cannot be suspended due to CSA points. They could be suspended based upon points given by your state DMV.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Steve, I was told by a DOT officer that CSA doesn't assign points unless there is an inspection. So, in order to have points on your CSA the officer would need to have performed an inspection and turned it in to the feds. You can give it about 30 days and check to see if it is on your CSA score. But, if an inspection wasn't performed, you should not need to be concerned.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:35 AM

The warning ticket wasn't given to me it was given to one of my drivers. All I know is he had to turn it into FedEx to be signed and turned in by FedEx since that who we operate under. I haven't seen the thing all I know is it was a warning, he had to turn it into FedEx and per terminal manager it is 3 points and could cost me my safety bonus if it does count against CSA. That is going to cost a good amount of money.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Board Regular

As has been mentioned IF there was an inspection then yes there could be points, no inspection no points. There is a way to refute the ticket/points and it's called "Data Q". You can "Data Q" any charge as many times as you choose.