User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

MichiganDriver said:

Quote:
Too funny! Hobo, you cannot and should not argue with this man. He's got you figured out.
Well, maybe! That IS my first considered option. But... I withheld the information that he was a doctor from INDIA. Just wanted to hear opinions without prejudice.

Funny thing about it is.... this all started when the DOCTOR grabbed my balls!

Quote:
And seriously, you paid the piper. You get to listen to the music. (or something like that, butchering metaphors doesn't pay well but I enjoy it).
Yeah... don't quit your "day job."

Quote:
Confront the overpaid ignoramus. He needs to be schooled for the sake of everyone else that goes to see him. You'll know you did the right thing.
I really don't LIKE to "school" the ingnorami in the world. I have high expectations for myself... and I expect others to have the same. I had this same type of problem when I was in the Air Force... and it pretty much ruined my career. I guess I am up against the same now.

But, I take it that the general consensus (so far,) is that... although I could easily pay for another physical... I should return to this doctor and his clinic and embarrass them all by telling them they don't know CHIT about FMCSR's!

Kinda reminds me of that R.D. post about how I think I'm always right! I guess I was looking for someone to tell me NOT to be an A-hole who KNOWS he's right.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Board Icon

chris1 said:

Quote:
So they are using the states CDLIS? That means the state has a copy of the long form. There is a time limit for certain things in a DQ file. Most keep everything as long as you're employed there.
Not sure, but maybe. Point is... the state CDLIS doesn't come into play until Jan 2014. Perhaps, they are 'floating" the difference. I think I had to turn in my long form last time... but, they made a big point out of the fact that i didn't have to this LAST time. JUST a copy of my med cert card.

Quote:
Wouldn't you feel better if it was deemed wrong?
Not really... not necessary. Just want what I deserve.... a med cert for another 2 years. Actually... I am getting a bit concerned about the hernia. But... I can take care of it when I NEED to... and can schedule surgery with the V.A. So far... it doesn't affect my ability to drive a CMV. And THAT is the point.

Quote:
Enough things in this industry that you can't get changed,when there is something that you can i would do it.
Not really going to affect the industry, but... I get your point. Thing is... I don't really have much of a problem with any of the "new" regulations, etc. Not being an O/O and such. I just want people to leave me alone.

Just a side note... since you are so interested and knowledgable... we drivers don't have to submit the long form of our physical to the DMV until Jan 2014. So... I haven't DONE so to this point... and surely don't want to present THIS one to them! [a 3 month restriction]

IF I can get this cleared up.... or over-ride it with a different doctor's "opinion" and 2 year cert.... THAT would be the one I would want to submit to the DMV.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 AM

i took a fisical got a 2 yr med card, preparing for yearly dot auit learn that my eyes were tobad and the long form was miss marked as passed w/20-35 something like that, i just fond a dot test doc were i was and took a new fisical/ passed and faxed in my long form. theres no conition till we turn them into dmv now. weather you dill with the first doc or take a chance with the new doc you need to be proactive on your part, you had all day. many truck stops have dot fisical at or close to them.and you have a phone......think your at home to.........what did you do 2day to fix this hobo
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 AM

hobo.....we drivers don't have to submit the long form of our physical to the DMV until Jan 2014

i dont think that state ment is corect. i think it was if your card exsperd befor 2014 you dint need to do anything till you got your new card/longform. so now after you get everything fixed you must go to dmv and file it. not blow it off till 12/31/13........

when it comes to your responcabilaty and carear i will ride anyones ass. get her done
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
chris1 said:

Not sure, but maybe. Point is... the state CDLIS doesn't come into play until Jan 2014. Perhaps, they are 'floating" the difference. I think I had to turn in my long form last time... but, they made a big point out of the fact that i didn't have to this LAST time. JUST a copy of my med cert card.

1/30/2012 And the CDLIS started in 1986

Not really... not necessary. Just want what I deserve.... a med cert for another 2 years. Actually... I am getting a bit concerned about the hernia. But... I can take care of it when I NEED to... and can schedule surgery with the V.A. So far... it doesn't affect my ability to drive a CMV. And THAT is the point.

Then it shouldn't be on your permanent record.

Not really going to affect the industry, but... I get your point. Thing is... I don't really have much of a problem with any of the "new" regulations, etc. Not being an O/O and such. I just want people to leave me alone.

Just a side note... since you are so interested and knowledgable... we drivers don't have to submit the long form of our physical to the DMV until Jan 2014. So... I haven't DONE so to this point... and surely don't want to present THIS one to them! [a 3 month restriction]

Some states have already fully implemented the program.

IF I can get this cleared up.... or over-ride it with a different doctor's "opinion" and 2 year cert.... THAT would be the one I would want to submit to the DMV.
Don't know where your state is in the program but if you had to give them a copy of the medical certificate then it is already part of your permanent record.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Rookie

In my opinion, a major difference exists between being an "a-hole who KNOWS he's right" and being assertive and politely saying to the waiter, "Does this steak look medium-well to you? Because it's lookin' medium-rare at best to me."
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Hobo - for what it's worth I'm flip flopping on this. The fact that you said he's from somewhere else has me thinking you wouldn't have said that if his English was good. I can't imagine a person with broken English being receptive to subtlety, nuance or tact (whichever word is appropriate here). To be honest, I'd just get the cert somewhere else.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Solo View Post
In my opinion, a major difference exists between being an "a-hole who KNOWS he's right" and being assertive and politely saying to the waiter, "Does this steak look medium-well to you? Because it's lookin' medium-rare at best to me."
Exactly!!!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Senior Board Member

just shift to New Zealand our ht your cdl medical lasts 10years
Old 12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
just shift to New Zealand our ht your cdl medical lasts 10years
10yrs! Wow something importent could fall off in that time.

Hobo, I vote for going back and edumacting em! You should get what you paid for. Worse case you get another one done at your Dr.