User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Paper work question? Scale tips please.

So just started full time as a UPS feeder driver. The route I'm taking over does a trailer swap in the town just north of my center. I have to go over a scale and not sure what I need for paper work. Normally we carry paper work for our loads. Pick up and destination, date, trailer #, hazmat pouch, etc. However, when we go and swap trailers at a company there is no paper work. If its a local swap do I need paper work, or should I fill out one? If the scale checks me what will they want?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown67 View Post
So just started full time as a UPS feeder driver. The route I'm taking over does a trailer swap in the town just north of my center. I have to go over a scale and not sure what I need for paper work. Normally we carry paper work for our loads. Pick up and destination, date, trailer #, hazmat pouch, etc. However, when we go and swap trailers at a company there is no paper work. If its a local swap do I need paper work, or should I fill out one? If the scale checks me what will they want?
Scale people want logs, VIS, CDL, cab card, IFTA, B/L or manifest just for starters.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 AM

not only do drivers get fined for lack of right paper-work but so do companys. and im prity-sure ups dose not like paying these fines. so way dont you try asking them......im sure they will see to it your proper to go. there not going to think your less then a person/driver/
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

First...congrats on getting the full time gig!!

MG and Log both gave you good advise.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Board Regular

Thanks for the info and I think I got it all worked out. I talked with a supervisor and just got a blank look. Not surprised. Typical UPS feeder supervisor. Almost none of them have ever driven a truck. Most of them are part-time guys promoted to management. Send them to Chicago to "Top Gun" (supervisor driving school) for a few weeks and they come back ready to manage drivers with 20,30, or 40 years of experience.

I talked with some older guys and called the port of entry. All very helpful. So I'm carrying a packet of blank paperwork we use with all of our regular loads and some seals (working on getting a pad lock). I fill out the paperwork and seal the trailer and I'm good to go.