User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Completing Medical Form honestly

I have been off work a few months. Suddenly I get an interview, and hopefully with it, a DOT physical.

The problem is that while I was off work, I hurt my back a little and a doctor prescribed Vicodin (amongst others). I am a scrupulously honest and ethical person and I want to be honest on the form, at least in part because some of the meds will likely show up in my urinalysis. I'm worried that the company won't hire me because of my doctor-prescribed meds. I have no intention of using any of these meds during my three or four-day OTR trips.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this, please? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Board Icon

If all you say is true... do NOT check "chronic back pain" on the form. If it asks for recent/current medications, list all of them. It should ask for a reason... say something like temporary back or muscle spasms or injury... not permanent condition.

IF the drugs show up in the U.A., the MRO will contact someone at the company and they will call you and give you his number. Call him and give him your prescribing doctor's phone number. If all checks out, the MRO will inform your company of a NEGATIVE test.

If, as you say, you hurt your back "a little," I would suggest you stop taking the drugs completely... not just while OTR. You shouldn't need them by the time you start work.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.