User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How to clear DAC report?

I've been fighting with Hire Right for the past 3 1/2 years about false information they have on their records. Even though I've had a lawyer at one point and have given them proof of the false information, all they do is laugh at me and it has gotten to the point that they don't even respond to me when I contact them. I've tried clearing the false information throught the companies and have gotten no response from them, either. With Hire Right reporting 2 non-reportable "accident/incidents' that never happened, I can't get hired by any company to even get my 6 months. The last company I worked for wanted me to run illegally and has refused to pay me for the last 2 weeks I worked for them. He has now been put out of service by the CSA for safety violations. OK, so I was sick about for about a year and have started looking again for about another year, but I still need to clear the false info off my DAC. Hey, anyone can help me?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Actually, yes, there's help available now because of the lawsuit that HireRight lost against the Department of Justice.

Land Line Now had a story about it not long ago on their website. I posted the information here: http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...t-doj-ftc.html

Go to the link on that page, which gives the full story, as well as who to contact and how to get hold of them.

Best of luck.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Rookie
Default How very interesting!

WOW! And this just happened, too.

Unfortunately, as interesting as this is, there's no link or information on how to get the false information OFF Hire Rights's report. At one point, I was even talking to the lawyers that handled the Ryals settlement but they have an incompetent assistant that kept telling me to send more and more private information to a different consumer reporting agency, First Advantage, even though according to the consumer rights, the only thing that you may have to give them to get a copy of you credit report is verification of who you are (e.g. copy of your drivers license). Then after screwing around with her for 3 months, she didn't even make hard copies of the information I sent electronically to them and the 2 lawyers I was speaking with weren't smart enough to check in my emails to see if the information they were interested in was there. So, what I got was the redundancy of them asking me for previously sent information and advise on what I should do that I had already done and sent them electronic copies of the same.

After almost a year of being screwed around by them it was too late for me to continue to attempt a lawsuit on my own and I'm faced with starting all over.

I'm sure that Hire Right will not remove false information on their own even with their lawsuit loss. So what can you tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
Actually, yes, there's help available now because of the lawsuit that HireRight lost against the Department of Justice.

Land Line Now had a story about it not long ago on their website. I posted the information here: http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...t-doj-ftc.html

Go to the link on that page, which gives the full story, as well as who to contact and how to get hold of them.

Best of luck.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you go to the story's page itself? It has a link to the department of justice where you file a complaint about it.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Rookie

The only links go to either the article at DOJ website or the FTC which only takes complaints. ("The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.")

There is nothing saying HOW to get the false information OFF Hire Rights' DAC Report. All they say is DOJ and the FTC got a multi-million dollar settlement but those of us that have been libeled and defamed by Hire Right are S.O.L.

Wha-cha got for me?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Consumer_Home.htm

That link takes you to the ftc complain page. From there, you click the link in the top-right for the complain form, located here:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...d.aspx?Lang=en

The 1st link is the one from the story I posted.

If you don't like that information, become and OOIDA member and contact them for assistance.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Rookie

Thanks, Malaki86. Without your information I'd never have known about this latest turn of events. 'Preciate yer help!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astright View Post
I've been fighting with Hire Right for the past 3 1/2 years about false information they have on their records. Even though I've had a lawyer at one point and have given them proof of the false information, all they do is laugh at me and it has gotten to the point that they don't even respond to me when I contact them. I've tried clearing the false information throught the companies and have gotten no response from them, either. With Hire Right reporting 2 non-reportable "accident/incidents' that never happened, I can't get hired by any company to even get my 6 months. The last company I worked for wanted me to run illegally and has refused to pay me for the last 2 weeks I worked for them. He has now been put out of service by the CSA for safety violations. OK, so I was sick about for about a year and have started looking again for about another year, but I still need to clear the false info off my DAC. Hey, anyone can help me?
So what are the two non-reportable accident/incident that are reported?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Rookie
Default DAC report

They are 'non-reportable accident/incidents.' One says that I 'ran off the road' in Iowa. The other, the company 'won't give any further information' in Ohio. Originally, they wouldn't even say where or when it happened. After 1 1/2 years, they finally came up with a city and state.

According to Hire Right:

"Accident/Incident Record
Equipment was involved in an occurrence or act that produced unintended injury, death, property damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow (other than mechanical breakdown) while assigned to the
driver regardless of fault."

This means that there would HAVE to be a police ticket, drug test, tow receipt, law suit claim for either property damage or hospital care or SOMETHING! So, unless they forge some evidence, Hire Right needs to clear my DAC. At least, as far as I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
So what are the two non-reportable accident/incident that are reported?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astright View Post
They are 'non-reportable accident/incidents.' One says that I 'ran off the road' in Iowa. The other, the company 'won't give any further information' in Ohio. Originally, they wouldn't even say where or when it happened. After 1 1/2 years, they finally came up with a city and state.

According to Hire Right:

"Accident/Incident Record
Equipment was involved in an occurrence or act that produced unintended injury, death, property damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow (other than mechanical breakdown) while assigned to the
driver regardless of fault."

This means that there would HAVE to be a police ticket, drug test, tow receipt, law suit claim for either property damage or hospital care or SOMETHING! So, unless they forge some evidence, Hire Right needs to clear my DAC. At least, as far as I can see.
So what you're saying is that you were never in any accident/incident in company equipment? If the damage was minor, / cosmetic or they paid the company or person who's property damage etc.. none of these things would be something that they would have to produce to you or anyone else really(unless of course it goes into court). All they have to do is report that the incident or accident occurred because thats all this DAC does.