User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I need some help here, I think i made a booboo************

OK I've been driving for 18 years now,I hold a CDL A with X but I've driven everything, I've also held leadership positions. Most companies (70-80%) that I quit from would hire me back, so I'm a good worker I guess. I've been married for 22 years now, I was 19, and my wife just got her CDL B so ,in my wisdom, I'd train her in a express trk class B straight, so we took a job as a team. Now we worked for a fleet owner, here it comes we signed a contract, from day 1 the guy lied about pov gas reimbursement, pay and few minor things now we worked for him for 3 and a half weeks, it's now been four weeks and no pay not a dime. In the contract it states that we would return truck if we quit to his yard ok no problem we had a load that took us right there we kicked it off and were headed to return truck. Now I have to go into this a little before all this we've had some real bad luck and we were totally broke we spent the last of our money on gas to go back and forth to owners place and company,around a thousand miles or so. Now back to it we got an extra 200bucks on-top of our regular pay for load, the company knew we were done with this owner so did he, our plan was to drop truck off then grad a rental to get our asses home the owner decided to put the truck out of service so that killed any money on the card. So I made the call to go home with the fuel we had grab some money and return owners truck as long as he paid us our 1st check that we should have got 3 weeks or 2 before, so we drove me in our pov wife in owners truck to the companies yard about, 160 miles from owners yard, and waited....no pay role nothing so we left his truck there at the companies yard and told him we didn't have the money to put in our pov to return his truck since he didn't pay us yet. Now this is what happened I'm leaving a few things out that really wouldn't benefit either side, but this is at least 95% pure. I could go on about this guy but that's just hear say and I don't want that. Now he sent us an Email stating "we won't get a penny from him and he's going to put a abandoned equipment on our DAC, now I know I made some mistakes here as much as he did but to not pay a man for his labors that's not right and I was damn pissed off. Anyone tell me what I did was really wrong and I really screwed myself and my wife...any advice???
Old 01-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Sounds like you got really close to Yogy's little buddy. He's the one making the comment on your DAC. As such, he is not required to list that he did not pay you. At least, no one is holding a gun to his head and making him give both sides.

However, in this day and age, not every company subscribes to DAC. It is possible that he may have said he would make an entry on your record, but it is also possible that it would cost him a fee to do so. About the best thing I could suggest is to get a copy of your DAC and see if it's on there. If it is, you're going to have to find a company that does not use DAC. If it's not on there, you're good to go.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Let me see if I understand your post. You worked for an owner who leased his truck to an expedited carrier? He failed to pay you for 2 or 3 weeks, so you drove his truck to a company yard and left it? If that is correct, did you get a receipt and have someone inspect it and then sign off on it? Most owners don't subscribe to DAC. However, the carrier to whom he is leased likely does subscribe. If you have cleared things up with the carrier, there may not be a report filed on your DAC. It usually takes time for anything to show up on your DAC, anyway. If you were only with this guy for 2-3 weeks, I don't think that I would even list them on any application to other carriers. If you do, you could explain the situation and if you covered yourself with a receipt from the carrier, there should not be a problem. There may not be a problem anyway. If it were me, I would apply to another carrier and see if you can get qualified and go back to work. I believe in being honest, but only provide the information that is requested on your application. There is usually something on an application that asks about contacting current employers. You can ask them to not contact this guy. I would also contact the carrier to whom this guy was leased and speak with them about this and find out what might have transpired between them and the owner. You could also ask them whether they report to DAC and if so, what they may have put on your DAC.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

The truck owner can not report to DAC. Only a registered carrier. The carrier may go with what the truck owner says. And the contract says his yard not the carriers, correct? Doesn't really matter if the carrier "accepts" the truck. Whether they report to DAC or not doesn't really matter. The same info will be given on a faxed/mailed past employment request.