User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Intra State Authorizations?

Hey guys,

I was looking this up last week and found it, and lost it again, but I found a site where it lists which States require you to be authorized to haul commercial freight within State lines.

For instance, I know Louisiana requires authorization from the State to haul above a certain weight,

I assume most States have something like that, in particular, I am trying to find the information on Mississippi right now, I went to MSDOT, and that was convoluted and could not find the answer.

Appreciate any and all help,

Thanks,

Sam
Old 12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

OOIDA compiled a list for me a couple years ago. I probably still have it in my files somewhere. PM me your email address and I'll see if I can find it forward it to you. For that matter, I guess I could just post it here if it's in a workable format. I'll have to see when I find it. I just don't do intrastate loads as a rule. Saves a whole lot of complications.

Last edited by Musicman; 12-15-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

California and Texas are the two largest that require intrastate authority.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I did a search and came up with a list of states that require intrastate authority.

Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I did a search and came up with a list of states that require intrastate authority.

Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Hey Gman,

Appreciate that, does this list represent all weights? IE, I know Louisana requires intrastate authority for weights above 26,500 I believe, I might be off a few thousand either way,
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know. I don't recall anything that I saw mentioning weight. If you are a for hire carrier, I don't think that it makes any difference how much you weigh. However, you may need to go to each state's website and check with them. OODIA may also be able to answer that question. I didn't think there were that mamny states that had intrastate authority until I ran across the information that I posted above.