User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Local...small companies...what the heck...?

I have explained on a different thread that my husband got in an accident and was terminated from Gordon. It has been advised by some that he look for small and/or local companies to regain employment and "re-build" his record.

He was not cited for the accident and it is not on his MVR. Some companies will take a certain # of preventables, but not so much if the driver was terminated. He is currently having to dispute something that GTI put on his DAC that is absolutely false. He's working it through the company and HireRight. Who's to say if he wins?

In the meantime he needs a job! As it is not on his MVR the accident will not show there. If he goes to smaller companies they will likely not subscribe to DAC but when contacted, GTI will likely disclose the accident. Anyone have some great ideas of what to do?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't recall the particulars about your husband's accident. It will likely depend on the details of what happened. If he was not cited and not considered at fault, it should help his situation. He should be upfront with any carrier that he applies. It might help if he could get a letter of explanation from his dispatcher or safety director. Most carriers will look at the circumstances and then make their decision once they get all the information. I am not sure how DAC handles information on a drivers report when information is being disputed.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

I have found that some companies count non-preventables and not-at-fault accidents just like any other. They simply count 1-2-3 youre out! Others will look at it on a case by case basis and others only count preventables. Some of the bigger companies seem to not want to hire you if you got fired at all and some will. My best advise is to when talking to a recruiter and have established that he has the qualifications to ask wether those would disqualify you or not before you waste time filling out an app.