User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Time to quit trucking!!!

I don't see being able to survive this business.The way you can legally run,the BS that you get from dispatching,shippers I don't see how companies will be able to survive. It will be even more impossible to survive this business as an O/O.With the increased costs,falling revenue and retarded safety laws will make this business miserable.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If enough companies refused to participate or closed their doors the feds would need to either change their rules or start hauling freight themselves. I expect many to simply close their doors rather than continue to absorb the additional costs of these useless regulations. It would be interesting to see how many of these politico's have received money from those who manufacture these computers or have stock in the companies.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member

From what I been reading...the EOBR is just another Gov't joke...

As usual the Feds solution maintains the problem instead of fixing it.

Its still up to the companies to 'keep their nose clean'... (aka The Fox Guarding the hen house scenario when it comes to HOS and the record keeping details).

:thumbsdown:
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Forensic Trucking

If they want you, they have you. Sure, there are plenty of trucks out there without a Qualcomm (or similar device) and there may be plenty of trucks out there whose driver doesn't have a cell phone and/or a GPS. How many trucks and/or drivers have none of the above? Not many, I suspect. A standardized EOBR will make law enforcement's job a little bit easier but, even today, if you give them cause to go looking, they're going to find what they're looking for.

For example: Laws, Life, and Legal Matters - Court Cases and Legal Information at Leagle.com - All Federal and State Appeals Court Cases in One Search

"The data from Mendez's GPS device and cell phone placed him at or near: (1) the manufacturer's plant when the cigarettes left the plant; (2) the truck yard where, and at the time when, the tractor trailer and container were stolen; and (3) a South Carolina truck stop where a truck driver saw three men transfer the stolen container from a stolen rig to a tractor trailer that matched the description of the tractor trailer Mendez was driving."

I don't have a problem with EOBRs. It's one thing to be sitting at home watching Jerry Springer with a shotgun in your lap. Your castle, your rules. It's an entirely different matter when you head out to engage in a little interstate commerce. Government roads = government rules. I also think it's worth pointing out the electronic bread crumb trail you leave behind everyday could just as easily be used to eliminate you from suspicion or prove your innocence.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Board Regular

Follow the MONEY.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
Follow the MONEY.
winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Default *rolleyes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I have been expecting this for some time. This administration is all about control. If they want to put them in all commercial vehicles subject to hos rules then perhaps it is time to throw the hos rules out. I don't think that they are needed, anyway. Apparently, these people have not considered how carriers are supposed to pay for these EOBR's. Perhaps they will do like they did with the analog to digital TV changes. Just another tax.
OMG is everything a big conspiracy to u? NOONE said anything about 'all commerical vehicles' talk was about '...with history of serious non-compliance' .
Also the didgital TV changes was not 'Big Gooberment messing with you' or whatever administration you blame. It was the INDUSTRY that lobbied for it so big companies could squeeze smaller ones that cant afford the changes out of the business. It may help to be informed and not take what you hear for face value and repeat it over and over.

BTW good to see u ol dog, i havent been on this forum in a while how u been? still running Flatbeds?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
NOONE said anything about 'all commerical vehicles' talk was about '...with history of serious non-compliance'

Maybe you should go back and read some of the articles out there.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
OMG is everything a big conspiracy to u? NOONE said anything about 'all commercial vehicles' talk was about '...with history of serious non-compliance' .
Also the digital TV changes was not 'Big Gooberment messing with you' or whatever administration you blame. It was the INDUSTRY that lobbied for it so big companies could squeeze smaller ones that cant afford the changes out of the business. It may help to be informed and not take what you hear for face value and repeat it over and over.

BTW good to see u ol dog, i haven't been on this forum in a while how u been? still running Flatbeds?

I don't think that everything is a conspiracy. In the beginning they wanted all carriers and owner operators to have an EOBR. There was so much controversy about it that they decided to start with those with certain offenses. It is a small step from that point to ALL carriers and owner operators.

The thing is that this is unnecessary. As an industry we are at an all time low for accidents. The EOBR's is nothing but a control or power grab and a way for a handful of people to clean up at the expense of the small operators and owner operators. This would be a non issue were it not for the money involved. Those who are involved in the manufacture of these EOBR's stand to make a fortune from this legislation.

Old dog, eh? Yep, still running flats and steps. You should check in more often.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
Maybe you should go back and read some of the articles out there.
Why read "articles" when you can go directly to the source? I have read the bulk of the Final Ruling published this year. Sure, it was mentioned that SOME of these advocate Azzholes want an industry-wide mandate.... but, it ain't gonna HAPPEN! At least not for years and years!

I actually LIKE reading these Final Rulings! They are extremely "wordy" .... WAY more than I am! But, I actually get the feeling that they take ALL sides into question, and make MOST of their rulings with alot of common sense and driver appreciation.

ONE is correct. The Fmcsa has no intention at this time of expanding the scope of their ruling BEYOND "remedial" actions against the worst offenders.

Oh, they make a comment about "future" rulings... but, that is just "lip service" to shut these advocate groups up! It will NEVER happen in our lifetime!

For BOOM and GMAN, and any OTHER O/O worried about being forced to pay for and install EOBR's.... chill out dudes! You probably ain't even on the RADAR!

How often do YOU get a compliance review? Once a year? I really don't know... but let's assume that is correct. Okay.... have you ever, or WILL you ever have TEN PERCENT of your logs (from a SAMPLE) proven to be noncompliant? I doubt it. If you HAVE.... you NEED to be shut down or forced to instal EOBR's! If you HAVEN'T.... then you never WILL be forced to install one. Got it? Good! Now STFU! :lol2:

Yes, GMAN, accidents are at an alltime low right now. How do you think that happened? Increased gov't safety regulations and compliance reviews! Perhaps even BETTER HOS regs that ensure alert drivers more than the "old way." But, consider THIS: IF crash stats are lower, and there are still companies out there OVER the 10 percent threshold for HOS noncompliance... WHO do you think are HAVING the crashes that ARE happening? (I'll give you a minute to figure it out!) :roll:

Believe me... unlike the Rev.... I am not FOR these things on all CMV's (and he may not be.) But, I AM for them on the most egregious offenders out there! I have to drive out there, too.... and I want to know that the average trucker is not just some "cowboy" like Dubya! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.