User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Warnings... Counting against your Safety Rating.

Ok, my question is thus: How do you FIGHT a WARNING! CSA2010 when fully implemented .. any WARNING will cost you safety points/ will count against your Safety Rating and thus could adversely effect your employability.. i.e. cost you your lively hood.

I don't see how this is legal or fair... after all a Warning is even less than a "citation", which if I'm not mistaken is just an Officer of the Law's complaint alleging you've committed a crime and you have the opportunity to meet him in court in front of a judge and fight the CONVICTION.

So I don't see how/ why a WARNING should be able to be more damaging than even say......parking tickets!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yeah, you're preachin' to the choir there. This whole thing is nothing more than a state money grab.

At this point, there appears to be a way to challenge a warning and the challenge is simply sent right back to the officer that made the warning. How many of those warnings or tickets do you think is going to be changed?

Zero.

And that is your ONLY recourse.

You're all screwed. But then again, so are companies. States, though, should be so flush with cash in a few short months that most of us should be able to get a job with the DOT as an inspector. :roll:

Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Yeah, you're preachin' to the choir there. This whole thing is nothing more than a state money grab.

At this point, there appears to be a way to challenge a warning and the challenge is simply sent right back to the officer that made the warning. How many of those warnings or tickets do you think is going to be changed?

Zero.

And that is your ONLY recourse.

You're all screwed. But then again, so are companies. States, though, should be so flush with cash in a few short months that most of us should be able to get a job with the DOT as an inspector. :roll:
I really picked an EXCELLENT TIME to retire, didn't I?
They make the rules, and they pull the strings. Until you can change that, you're stuck with what they give you.

Think about it. I told all of you I was running for President in the last election. As a driver, I know what I saw all the time, and I do know of ways to make the hiways much safer. Especially when study after study says that anywhere from 67 to 84% of all truck accidents are caused by 4-wheelers to begin with. The programs they are instituting will have MINIMAL EFFECT on safety. They do not have enough room for improvement by enforcing laws on CMVs. But, study after study indicates that by making the 4-wheelers tow the line, they could improve safety by more than 50%.

Government also has an "unwritten" by-law... If a concept makes sense, absolutely, POSITIVELY, DO NOT DO IT.

So, they put a horse and a mule into a team, and when the mule refuses to pull, get down off the buckboard, ball up your fist, and hit the horse in the face.

And, that about sums it up for CSA-2010.