User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Stop False Information being Reported on CDL Drivers Dac Report

Trucking Companies have been ruining Drivers careers for years by placing false information on their DAC report.

The sad part is that so many drivers don't even know that a DAC report exists about them, let alone how to obtain one. Every one reading this should request a copy of their DAC and know what companies have said about you, especially if you are having difficulty finding a job. ( the first report is free)

We are standing up for drivers to fight against this unacceptable practice that is used many times as a retaliation tactic against a driver. Many times the information is falsely reported is by an employee who just does not care enough to ensure the accuracy of the information that they are reporting AGAINST the driver.

Please sign the petition and READ some of the COMMENTS by DRIVERS of what FALSE INFORMATION reported on their DAC report has done to their careers.

Stop False Dac Reporting

Sign this petition for your fellow drivers whose lives are being ruined by the extreme difficulty or even inability to remove FALSE information from their DAC report.
It only takes less than 1 minute

TruthAboutTrucking.com
Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You know, I’ve posted information on DAC a number of times over the years and people don’t seem to really grasp what DAC is. So once again, I’ll briefly share a few of the more salient points. :roll:

DAC is nothing more than a repository for information that many truck companies use to store their information. 99.9% of the time, DAC is used for what it was designed for and that is simply to store the information and make it available to other companies doing employment verifications. Having that information stored speeds up the hiring process for a driver and saves time and money for the company. Most DAC reports are satisfactory and 99% of those DAC reports that are not satisfactory, are done so for good reason.

All that being said, I will agree that sometimes in very rare instances, a disgruntled boss or fleet manager uses DAC in a way to get back at a driver. But these instances are rare - much rarer than some people might want you to believe - and when they do happen, are generally pretty easy to clear up.

A simple phone call to DAC to challenge an erroneous report will fix it. DAC must then issue the challenge to the company and the company must provide written proof within 30 days that the report should stay. If a driver challenges a DAC report and it doesn’t get changed, it is generally because there is some merit to the report. And if a driver ever uses a company like DACFIX or some other 3rd party company to challenge a DAC, then I would like for them to simply send me the money since they are only throwing the money away. You do not need DACFIX or another 3rd party company to do what they do…spend the 5 minutes to make the call and do it yourself and save yourself the $150 or so.

Now, where drivers are really missing the boat is on faxed verifications. While DAC has always only been a storing house for basic information, today, every trucking company must go beyond DAC to verify any employment of that driver in the last 3 years. This has to be done by fax with written permission from the driver (for the D&A portion) and must include all companies, driving an non-driving, in the last 36 months. The reports must include D&A information and any accident information. Work record is not a must, but pretty much every company asks for it and gives it out and there is no set information that can be given out as there is with DAC alone…a company can be extremely detailed on a fax if they want. And while you could always request a copy of your DAC report, getting a copy of a verification fax is not nearly as easy and a whole lot more time-consuming.

So, with the new regs (at least new over the past 3 years or so), it’s actually tougher on a driver. Back when most everything was done through DAC or some other 3rd party information storage like DRIVER FACTS or Work Number for Everyone or whatever, drivers had it fairly easy. But because of the continual push against DAC as if that was a driver’s mortal enemy, now you have to deal with the faxes, too, and that opens up a whole new can of worms for a driver. Companies can get specific and they certainly do, giving a disgruntled boss a wide open range to take shots at a driver that pissed them off. And I can’t tell you how many times we’ve seen a satisfactory DAC report but when we got the fax back, we saw a totally different picture and now suddenly could not hire the driver. How is that progress?

It’s always been said that drivers are their own worst enemies. I know that when it comes to this, drivers certainly have been. You miss the forest for the trees. Your problem has never been with DAC…it’s been with the few companies that abused the system and every other trucking company has always known who those companies were and view those DAC reports with an air of “yeah, right”. However, now that drivers have forced some changes to how things are used, it’s gotten even worse for them. And if you think it’s bad now, wait until CSA 2010 goes into effect. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Here, I’ll give you an example of one that happened just today. Keep in mind that stuff like this is pretty common now, easily a daily occurance.

Had a driver that drove for a company last year, DAC report shows quit with a satisfactory work record. No problem, sounds good. However, the fax report comes back that the driver was terminated for log violations. Driver challenges the company and they correct their fax to say driver quit instead of being terminated, but that the log violations will remain and they will now change the DAC to show the same thing. So a new DAC is going to show log violations. How did the driver win by the new way things are done, using a combination of DAC and faxes?

He didn’t and that’s been my point for years. :roll:

Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Rookie
Default False Info On DAC Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
You know, I’ve posted information on DAC a number of times over the years and people don’t seem to really grasp what DAC is. So once again, I’ll briefly share a few of the more salient points. :roll:

DAC is nothing more than a repository for information that many truck companies use to store their information. 99.9% of the time, DAC is used for what it was designed for and that is simply to store the information and make it available to other companies doing employment verifications. Having that information stored speeds up the hiring process for a driver and saves time and money for the company. Most DAC reports are satisfactory and 99% of those DAC reports that are not satisfactory, are done so for good reason.

All that being said, I will agree that sometimes in very rare instances, a disgruntled boss or fleet manager uses DAC in a way to get back at a driver. But these instances are rare - much rarer than some people might want you to believe - and when they do happen, are generally pretty easy to clear up.

A simple phone call to DAC to challenge an erroneous report will fix it. DAC must then issue the challenge to the company and the company must provide written proof within 30 days that the report should stay. If a driver challenges a DAC report and it doesn’t get changed, it is generally because there is some merit to the report. And if a driver ever uses a company like DACFIX or some other 3rd party company to challenge a DAC, then I would like for them to simply send me the money since they are only throwing the money away. You do not need DACFIX or another 3rd party company to do what they do…spend the 5 minutes to make the call and do it yourself and save yourself the $150 or so.

Now, where drivers are really missing the boat is on faxed verifications. While DAC has always only been a storing house for basic information, today, every trucking company must go beyond DAC to verify any employment of that driver in the last 3 years. This has to be done by fax with written permission from the driver (for the D&A portion) and must include all companies, driving an non-driving, in the last 36 months. The reports must include D&A information and any accident information. Work record is not a must, but pretty much every company asks for it and gives it out and there is no set information that can be given out as there is with DAC alone…a company can be extremely detailed on a fax if they want. And while you could always request a copy of your DAC report, getting a copy of a verification fax is not nearly as easy and a whole lot more time-consuming.

So, with the new regs (at least new over the past 3 years or so), it’s actually tougher on a driver. Back when most everything was done through DAC or some other 3rd party information storage like DRIVER FACTS or Work Number for Everyone or whatever, drivers had it fairly easy. But because of the continual push against DAC as if that was a driver’s mortal enemy, now you have to deal with the faxes, too, and that opens up a whole new can of worms for a driver. Companies can get specific and they certainly do, giving a disgruntled boss a wide open range to take shots at a driver that pissed them off. And I can’t tell you how many times we’ve seen a satisfactory DAC report but when we got the fax back, we saw a totally different picture and now suddenly could not hire the driver. How is that progress?

It’s always been said that drivers are their own worst enemies. I know that when it comes to this, drivers certainly have been. You miss the forest for the trees. Your problem has never been with DAC…it’s been with the few companies that abused the system and every other trucking company has always known who those companies were and view those DAC reports with an air of “yeah, right”. However, now that drivers have forced some changes to how things are used, it’s gotten even worse for them. And if you think it’s bad now, wait until CSA 2010 goes into effect. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
The truth is that Many drivers have FALSE info on their DAC REPORT. This is a fact!
Read some of the comments on the link to the petition to STOP DAC ABUSE that I started this thread with
Also, DAILY, and I do mean DAILY, truckers are writing me with their individual horror stories about False info on their DAC Reports

There are 2 companies in particular who are notorious ( no names mentioned, you all probably know them anyway) for providing false info. Unfortunately they are just the 2 "biggest" ones, but many more do it.

Next, I would like to address the fact that it is almost impossible to get false info off of the DAC Report. It's not like trying to get false info off from a credit bureau, where the company or institution has to prove the disputed info is TRUE. With DAC Reporting, it is the drivers burden to prove that the disputed info is FALSE.

I've been informed by MANY that people are trying to post here on this thread and their comments are not being posted. Please check if there is a problem with this thread for new registered members trying to post.

Thanks

TruthAboutTrucking.com
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
The truth is that Many drivers have FALSE info on their DAC REPORT. This is a fact!
No, that’s not a fact. That’s nothing more than sensationalizing. You need to realize that in most instances where there is bad information on a DAC, it is by no means false. I’ve been doing this for over 8 years…have reviewed thousands and thousands of DACs and I always ask every driver that has a bad report, to tell me why a company is reporting the bad information. In nearly every instance, with the occasional obvious screwjob, the explanation from the driver exactly matches what the company reported on the DAC.

I left the truck at my house and told them I quit and they had to come pick up the truck themselves! Hell, they're claiming I abandoned it and they even charged me $302 to do it!”

“OK, so then the information is accurate.”

“How so?!?”

“Well, the fact that in orientation, you signed a statement that informed you that if you quit, you must return the equipment to the orientation terminal or you would be charged $1 a mile for the company to do it for you. That also explains why your DAC report says ‘unauthorized location without notice’ since, in fact, the equipment was not returned to an authorized location, as in the orientation terminal spelled out on the form you signed.”

“…..oh…..”

If I had even a penny for every conversation I’ve had that went that way, I’d be retired and living on a beach, earning 30%.:thumbsup:

Quote:
Read some of the comments on the link to the petition to STOP DAC ABUSE that I started this thread with.
I’ve heard countless stories. Some are legit…most are not. I don’t say that to disparage drivers in general…I only state what I have seen in the years I have been doing this.

Quote:
Also, DAILY, and I do mean DAILY, truckers are writing me with their individual horror stories about False info on their DAC Reports
Most drivers that are complaining are those that cannot get a job because they cannot remove the information from their DAC because the information has turned out to be true. It’s a classic case of not wanting to take responsibility for your actions. See my above example. That happens WAY too much.

Quote:
There are 2 companies in particular who are notorious ( no names mentioned, you all probably know them anyway) for providing false info. Unfortunately they are just the 2 "biggest" ones, but many more do it.
Again, you are incorrect in 'claiming' that many more do it. Few companies do it. The occasional abuser of the system, everybody else is already aware of.

Quote:
Next, I would like to address the fact that it is almost impossible to get false info off of the DAC Report. It's not like trying to get false info off from a credit bureau, where the company or institution has to prove the disputed info is TRUE. With DAC Reporting, it is the drivers burden to prove that the disputed info is FALSE.
Again, you are mistaken. The burden of proof is on the company, not the driver. All the driver has to do is contact DAC directly and challenge a report. They do not need a third party to do it for them, either. The company then has 30 days to reply and prove why the report is valid. Don’t confuse a FALSE report with a BAD report. As I said, most of those BAD reports are valid. For that matter, there are more satisfactory reports that are NOT valid, than the other way around. But no one talks about that now, do they?

Quote:
I've been informed by MANY that people are trying to post here on this thread and their comments are not being posted. Please check if there is a problem with this thread for new registered members trying to post.
:roll:

Oh give me a break. That’s an outright lie and you know it. Do you HONESTLY think that we are keeping people from posting? We could not care any less what anyone has to say about any subject, providing they follow the board rules, which are rather tame. No one is being kept from posting on this thread. If they want to, they simply have to be a registered member (guests do not have posting privileges) and they can post away. A good discussion on CAD is always welcome, particularly when some people might learn something they did not know about.

In the end, I understand your passion for your topic, but I stand fast on the point that you are badly misinformed. Again, I will not discount the fact that abuses do occasionally occur, but I will challenge your unfounded assertion that they occur with great frequency because they simply do not. If you want to claim that your numbers are facts, then you need to investigate every claim of DAC abuse that comes your way and match it up to what the company is saying. This is something we do many times every day and I could safely say that you would be shocked at what you hear.

I also will reiterate that your focus is on the wrong party. Blaming DAC is like blaming pork farmers because the sausage on your delivery pizza had gone bad from sitting out on the restaurant counter for 2 weeks. Your issues should be against the following two entities:

1. The couple of companies that still try to use DAC to hurt a driver and in doing so, add to the lake of venom that separates drivers from their companies.

2. Those third party people that perpetuate the claims of rampant fraud and unaccountability and then prey on that discord by charging drivers $75, $100, $150 or more to do nothing more than attach a rebuttal to a driver’s DAC report. $150 for 5 minutes of work. Yeah, that’s not yet another driver-targeted scam. :roll: You might as well throw your money into a 3-card Monty ring.

And finally, I will point out that your posting, which indirectly takes you back to your website where you are selling a product based on perpetuating the myth, could very easily be categorized as advertising and that is strictly against board policy. If you want to sell, contact Internet Brands and pay for the advertising space. Otherwise, please remove the link from your post, as well as from your signature line, and allow the discussion to continue without trying to make a buck off of it.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Rookie

We realize that it's not DAC's fault, they are just the 3rd party in the entire system. It's the trucking companies that are reporting the false/inaccurate information.

The example you gave of the driver leaving their truck at their house is the DRIVER FAULT and not anof example of a legitimate False claims on a DAC Report.

However, a Driver giving a 2 week notice and then told to leave the truck at a designated area
( terminal)AND THEN the company writes that the truck was abandoned, is a FALSE claim.
These are the types of False Accusations that are causing drivers to lose their careers. These are REAL and yes we do research the authenticity of many of these claims.

I asked you to check and see if there was a problem with people registering to make a comment to the post...first time users. We are receiving info that they are having difficulty registering to comment...that's all. And NO...it's not a lie at all, that's what they're telling us. There may just be a problem with registering!

I'm not sure what link you are asking us to remove? The petition link? That goes to the petition "Stop DAC Abuse" not a website. That's the only link I can see. There is NO LINK and never has been on our signature line either.
If the signature isn't acceptable I won't check the box on this post that asks if I want to put my signature....no problem. No one has mentioned it prior to this thread though.

If you would like to remove the link on the first post I made to this thread that directs people to the DAC Petition, that's fine. People can just Google DAC Petition and they'll find it.

My motive is to help drivers and it always has been. They know that.
The information we offer is free all over the net and we tell them that. We created the tangible products so they can listen in their cars or trucks and have it all in one place. They THEMSELVES asked us if we could put it on an audio for them. If they can't afford it we send them the downloads.

As far as making a buck, that's a joke. If that was the case I wouldn't be driving and then DONATING an extra 40 hrs/week to help other drivers.
There are organizations that charge yearly memberships to drivers and don't give a fraction of the one on one individual time we spend with drivers to try to help them, whatever their problems are.

The bottom line is that we are very passionate and committed to help drivers resolve the issues with the unfair practices of the DAC report SYSTEM...not DAC, but how it is used for the advantage of the companies and not the DRIVER.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
We realize that it's not DAC's fault, they are just the 3rd party in the entire system. It's the trucking companies that are reporting the false/inaccurate information.
Now you’re cookin’. But your first post comes across as going after DAC and they should not be your target. That was my whole point.

Quote:
The example you gave of the driver leaving their truck at their house is the DRIVER FAULT and not anof example of a legitimate False claims on a DAC Report.
Sure, there are some legitimate false claims. I only pointed out that they are not as numerous as you and others might think. Most of those bad reports have some bearing. It’s sad, but unfortunately, it’s true.

Quote:
However, a Driver giving a 2 week notice and then told to leave the truck at a designated area
( terminal)AND THEN the company writes that the truck was abandoned, is a FALSE claim.
I do not disagree with that at all and will go even further to say that the driver does not even have to give notice. We see many times on DAC reports where a driver quit without notice and we ignore every single one. Drivers simply needs to make sure he/she is not under load when they quit. I always tell drivers when they are quitting a company and are worried about a rough break-up with that company, to make sure they ask where the truck needs to go and get it on the QualComm (and take a picture) or get it in writing somehow. If they do and show us the picture or the paper, we don’t care what the company says at that point. Always cover your assets.

Quote:
These are the types of False Accusations that are causing drivers to lose their careers. These are REAL and yes we do research the authenticity of many of these claims.
But again, there are not thousands and thousands of these instances.

Quote:
I asked you to check and see if there was a problem with people registering to make a comment to the post...first time users. We are receiving info that they are having difficulty registering to comment...that's all. And NO...it's not a lie at all, that's what they're telling us. There may just be a problem with registering!
There is not. We manually check the registration cue several times per day.

Quote:
I'm not sure what link you are asking us to remove? The petition link? That goes to the petition "Stop DAC Abuse" not a website. That's the only link I can see. There is NO LINK and never has been on our signature line either.
There is the website in your signature line. I removed it. This board is very sensitive to advertising SPAM and I never would have even checked if someone had not sent me a PM and pointed it out. But if any signature line contains a link to a website that is part of that poster’s business, that is against board policy unless you have previously cleared it with Internet Brands, the owners of the board.

The website is also linked in your petition link, but since it’s indirect, I am not going to edit that. I don’t care if you’re looking for petition signers. That’s all well and good. Ultimately, though, the line has to remain solid on advertising and since you are charging for your audio books, it cannot be allowed in a post.

Quote:
If the signature isn't acceptable I won't check the box on this post that asks if I want to put my signature....no problem. No one has mentioned it prior to this thread though.
Again, I don’t believe anyone ever checked until it was brought to my attention.

Quote:
My motive is to help drivers and it always has been. They know that.
And that’s great…but it actually does a disservice to drivers when it comes across as sensationalizing. As I said, I’ve been doing this a long time. I have a pretty good understanding of the level of deceit going on in reporting practices and it is nowhere near the level that some people claim.

Always remember. There are 3 sides to every story. The driver’s side…the company side…and the truth. And unfortunately, the truth is more often than not, closer to the company side of the field. It’s sad, but it is what it is.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Smith View Post
Trucking Companies have been ruining Drivers careers for years by placing false information on their DAC report.
As you can see, my very FIRST post from the Thread that I started here says"Trucking Companies have been ruining Drivers careers for years by placing false information on their DAC report"
Nothing about DAC creating false info themselves.

The petition is against the unfair practice of how the information reported to DAC ( HireRight)is handled. The way it is set up now has made it very difficult for a driver to have false information REMOVED.
Again, the burden is on the driver to prove the info FALSE rather than the Trucking Company proving the info TRUE.

Neither we nor the Drivers are sensationalizing this AT ALL.

Yes, there are people who are contesting negative info on a DAC and it is on their DAC for just cause, however, this is not the case much of the time.
Again, please read some of the comments of the 1034 people who have already signed the petition thus far.
They are not all fabricating these events, I assure you.

Also, we are still getting emails and Direct Messages from people saying that they are having difficulty posting after they register here on the forum. The last person who registered here, contacted the forum and asked why they couldn't post on the thread and they received this answer:

Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.

The above reply is a copy and paste of what the forum sent the person trying to register and then they forwarded it to me.

Please check and see if there is a problem in the moderation queue

Thanks,

Allen
Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Rookie
Default Question for Twilight

I would like to hear from an expert in the field? I understand that you are Twilight Flyer an expert in the field are you not?
What would your definition of Abandonment of a load be? I am new to this industry have heard so many different things.
The trucking industry's definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Now you’re cookin’. But your first post comes across as going after DAC and they should not be your target. That was my whole point.

Sure, there are some legitimate false claims. I only pointed out that they are not as numerous as you and others might think. Most of those bad reports have some bearing. It’s sad, but unfortunately, it’s true.

I do not disagree with that at all and will go even further to say that the driver does not even have to give notice. We see many times on DAC reports where a driver quit without notice and we ignore every single one. Drivers simply needs to make sure he/she is not under load when they quit. I always tell drivers when they are quitting a company and are worried about a rough break-up with that company, to make sure they ask where the truck needs to go and get it on the QualComm (and take a picture) or get it in writing somehow. If they do and show us the picture or the paper, we don’t care what the company says at that point. Always cover your assets.

But again, there are not thousands and thousands of these instances.

There is not. We manually check the registration cue several times per day.

There is the website in your signature line. I removed it. This board is very sensitive to advertising SPAM and I never would have even checked if someone had not sent me a PM and pointed it out. But if any signature line contains a link to a website that is part of that poster’s business, that is against board policy unless you have previously cleared it with Internet Brands, the owners of the board.

The website is also linked in your petition link, but since it’s indirect, I am not going to edit that. I don’t care if you’re looking for petition signers. That’s all well and good. Ultimately, though, the line has to remain solid on advertising and since you are charging for your audio books, it cannot be allowed in a post.

Again, I don’t believe anyone ever checked until it was brought to my attention.

And that’s great…but it actually does a disservice to drivers when it comes across as sensationalizing. As I said, I’ve been doing this a long time. I have a pretty good understanding of the level of deceit going on in reporting practices and it is nowhere near the level that some people claim.

Always remember. There are 3 sides to every story. The driver’s side…the company side…and the truth. And unfortunately, the truth is more often than not, closer to the company side of the field. It’s sad, but it is what it is.

Last edited by doitherselfer; 01-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Rookie

I do not agree that 99 % of DAC reports are correct, nor do I think any driver should take part in a trade off of correct info.

I could spend all day on this topic and will answer anyones question's case by case

Thank You

Tags
dac report petition, false information on dac, hireright, truck drivers dac report, usis