User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default how to log a ?????

I got a call from an old boss of mine, he wanted to know if I would fill in on Sat. (in my spare time)for a while makeing a short run. I turned him down for a couple of reasons #1 was the fact that the Co. just bought the truck/trl and have no idea about keeping and reveiwing drivers logs! So I could see this becoming a BIG problem re; logs permit ect. But it got me wondering, how would you log it? My log is company specific so you couldn't use that BUT you can't use two logs either. just wondering
Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Board Icon

You would have to log it, and turn it into your company. Obviously, since their log is company specific, they expect that you will be only working for them.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

thanks Rev , that's about what I thought and I'm sure the Co wouldn't like that. I don't have enough time on weekends to do fun stuff let alone work more
Old 04-19-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I got a call from an old boss of mine, he wanted to know if I would fill in on Sat. (in my spare time)for a while makeing a short run. I turned him down for a couple of reasons #1 was the fact that the Co. just bought the truck/trl and have no idea about keeping and reveiwing drivers logs! So I could see this becoming a BIG problem re; logs permit ect. But it got me wondering, how would you log it? My log is company specific so you couldn't use that BUT you can't use two logs either. just wondering
Company A = Full time
Company B = Part time

Depending on the run, if the run was within 100 air miles of the fill in work reporting location you could use timecards for Company B. If the run was beyond 100 air miles you would have to complete a log for Company B. You would also have to complete a first time and intermitten driver form to report the seven previous days.

For Company A you would have to complete the log as required.

Quote:
§395.8 Driver’s record of duty status.

Question 5: May a driver, being used for the first time, submit records of duty status for the preceding 7 days in lieu of a signed statement?

Guidance: The carrier may accept true and accurate copies of the driver’s record of duty status for the preceding 7 days in lieu of the signed statement required by §395.8(j)(2).

Question 11: Is a driver who works for a motor carrier on an occasional basis and who is regularly employed by a non-motor carrier entity required to submit either records of duty status or a signed statement regarding the hours of service for all on-duty time as “on-duty time” as defined by §395.2?

Guidance: Yes.

Question 18: Section 395.8(d)(4) requires that the name of the motor carrier be shown on the driver’s record of duty status. If a company owns more than one motor carrier subject to the FMCSRs, may the company use logs listing the names of all such motor carrier employers and require the driver to identify the carrier for which he or she drives?

Guidance: Yes, provided three conditions are met. First, the driver must identify his or her motor carrier employer by a method that would be visible on a photocopy of the log. A dark check mark by the carrier’s name would be acceptable. However, a colored highlight of the name would not be acceptable, since these colors are often transparent to photocopiers.

Second, the driver may check off the name of the motor carrier employer only if he or she works for a single carrier during the 24 hour period covered by the log.

Third, if the parent company uses Multi day Logs (Form 139 or139A),the log for each day must list all motor carrier employers and the driver must identify his or her carrier each day.
Be safe.