User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
Ok I just got off the phone with one of the main DOT officials in the FMCSA office in North Dakota.

The 34 hour reset is not mandatory by any means unless you run out of hours on day 5 or day 6 were it would be quicker to do a 34 then it would be to wait till day 9 were you would get the hours back from day 1.

Now I have some ammo if I should get stopped by a dimwit DOT officer.

Also would like to note that if your truck has a transponder in it for crossing into canada. Be sure you flag your log book as this electronic transponder loggs you into the computer system which the DOT has the authority to go into on their computers that they have in their cars.

I forgot to get his name but it was either Jeff or Brian.

So remember that if you don't reset then you only have the hours from day 1 to work with. So if you only used 6 hours on day 1 then that is all you have to work with on day 9 unless you do a full 34 hour reset.

So the case is closed in my book.
The case was closed when I said that exact same thing several days ago.....
Old 07-10-2008, 09:28 PM

Maybe for you but not for me. One thing I have learned is that to only trust information about this stuff from an official.

I have been in around around the road for a couple years now and I get conflicting information all the time. One guy will tell you one thing and another will tell you another thing.

Just like the company drivers int he company I drive for.

We cross and international boarder every day and they seem to think we can get buy under the 100 or 150 mile exemption for HOS.

They say there is no need to note when you stopped at the boarder for anything also.

I was always getting crap from some of them because I was out of hours on friday and needed to wait till sunday before I could go back to work when they say it is impossible to run out of hours.

The FMCSA site is not very well thought out when it comes to things like this and split berth examples.

Now my next venture is bridging formula in laymans terms.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
Maybe for you but not for me. One thing I have learned is that to only trust information about this stuff from an official.
I'm all the official you'll ever need. As I've stated already, I know everything.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM

Ok smart arse, show me your official DOT badge then.

Unless you can show me some real evidence that you are an official when it comes to laws and rules from the FMCSA then you are about as dimwited as alot of drivers out there.

If you think that holding a steering wheels for any amount of time makes you an official to everything then I got a bridge for sale.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Board Icon

Rat said:

Quote:
Probably not a bad rule "in general." But, one thing "I" have learned is that Officials are only "average" people, and therefore..... will get you KILLED evey time! :lol:

Quote:
I have been in around around the road for a couple years now and I get conflicting information all the time. One guy will tell you one thing and another will tell you another thing.
This happens right here on Trucker Central on occaision!! Luckily, there are a few of us who will set them straight, and will NOT lead you astray! The REV, as he is so quick to tell you, is "seldom" wrong. When he IS.... Rawlco and I are here to correct him! :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Just like the company drivers in the company I drive for.
AND the majority of them out there! MOST of them learned from the SAME "coolie" carriers who don't have time, nor CARE, to get it right! :roll:

Quote:
We cross an international border every day and they seem to think we can get by under the 100 or 150 mile exemption for HOS.
This is NOT something you want to screw up on!

Quote:
They say there is no need to note when you stopped at the border for anything also.

I was always getting crap from some of them because I was out of hours on friday and needed to wait till sunday before I could go back to work when they say it is impossible to run out of hours.

The FMCSA site is not very well thought out when it comes to things like this and split berth examples.
THAT is why this site is HERE! The THREE best interpreters of the FMCSA rules.... AND the Rev..... are HERE to help you! :wink:

Quote:
Now my next venture is bridging formula in laymans terms.
Oh Lord!! But, IF you insist..... will you NOW believe what some of us say?? Or do we have to compete with the misinformation you might receive when you call your buddies at the FMCSA, ask a high school graduated Trooper on the road, or take your advice from a fellow trucker at a company you have PROVEN doesn't understand the regs? :roll:

Just hang with US, Rat..... and you'll be okay! Don't be so harsh with the Rev! He means well.... and USUALLY is right! When he's NOT..... I'm here to keep him straight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat

Quote:
Unless you can show me some real evidence that you are an official when it comes to laws and rules from the FMCSA then you are about as dimwited as alot of drivers out there.
The big difference is that I know and understand the regs, and as evidenced by this thread, many drivers don't. That would include you.

Quote:
If you think that holding a steering wheels for any amount of time makes you an official to everything then I got a bridge for sale.
Holding a "steering wheels" sic has nothing to do with it. :wink:
Old 07-11-2008, 01:47 AM

If he comes off as a smart arse then he will be treated as such. And his remarks are of a smart arse know it all that can do no wrong.

Believe me, I know a bunch of them and this Rev know it all is acting lke one of them.

Now if he used a tad more respect in his posts then he would not be labled as such a smart arse.

But then this is the internet were everyone is big and tough and is always better then the other guy unless he is standing toe to toe with them behind the line up of supertruckers trucks at the local Pilot were all the loosers hang out.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat

Uh Oh.... I think I see a "Marshall's Badge" cartoon coming!! :lol: :lol:

"Show me your badge, Rev!"

Why?

"Because I want to know you're official."

Why?

"Because I want to believe you."

That makes NO sense! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
If he comes off as a smart arse then he will be treated as such. And his remarks are of a smart arse know it all that can do no wrong.

Believe me, I know a bunch of them and this Rev know it all is acting lke one of them.

Now if he used a tad more respect in his posts then he would not be labled as such a smart arse.
You assume that I acknowledge, or even care about, this "label" that you have put on me. Why would I care what you, an anonymous person on the internet, thinks of me?

Quote:
But then this is the internet were everyone is big and tough and is always better then the other guy unless he is standing toe to toe with them behind the line up of supertruckers trucks at the local Pilot were all the loosers hang out.
I only hang out at the Flying J.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:14 AM

Just a note, The internet is a vast wonderland were peopel join forums to read and try and learn something or people just come in and read without even signing up.

This being said, The smart butt remarks that people tend to make are read by hundreds if not possibly thousands of people.

So if making smart butt remarks to show your imaturity to hundreds or thousands of people is your thing then so be it.

I quess a reply I might have made to someone that took some time to chat on the phone to get some information from the people that enforce the rules would have been alot different rather then takign a stab at the person to try and make them look like a complete fool or idiot.

But bravo to you and your approach in making yourself look like the know it all of the internet.

Oh and the hook would have been my very second guess as to were you hang out.

Are you the guy boasting about not having any Panties on? I bet you are and I bet it is true.