User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Dang, you really got him upset this time, or his computer has the hicc'ups!

Ray, hello Ray! When are you going to realize these guys are jerking your chain, and many of them have nothing more than a Walmart Special Kraco CB in there trucks!

If you had any sense, and actually read the post, it is obvious that many of them have no idea what the are really talking about when the pull your chain!

The day will come! Just quit being so dang serious about it! You are just falling into the typical CB radio Circle Jerk that occurs at every major truck stop in the country right around dusk and on long weekends!

Back Off a bit and relax!

I too am a Licensed Amateur, and take the hobby seriously! But I am also a professional truck driver, and thus is what makes me money to be able to afford my equipment, and the ability to provide a community service. Your approach on this forum has not ever worked, not will it ever work the way you go about it!

Sometimes I have to wonder if you are just a troll! A figment of one of these others guys imagination used to just jerk chains!

Oh well, have a nice day!
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
Dang, you really got him upset this time, or his computer has the hicc'ups!

Ray, hello Ray! When are you going to realize these guys are jerking your chain, and many of them have nothing more than a Walmart Special Kraco CB in there trucks!

If you had any sense, and actually read the post, it is obvious that many of them have no idea what the are really talking about when the pull your chain!

The day will come! Just quit being so dang serious about it! You are just falling into the typical CB radio Circle Jerk that occurs at every major truck stop in the country right around dusk and on long weekends!

Back Off a bit and relax!

I too am a Licensed Amateur, and take the hobby seriously! But I am also a professional truck driver, and thus is what makes me money to be able to afford my equipment, and the ability to provide a community service. You approach on this forum has not ever worked, not will it ever work the way you go about it!

Sometimes I have to wonder if you are just a troll! A figment of one of these others guys imagination used to just jerk chains!

Oh well, have a nice day!
do they still make kraco? my friend has a kraco 8 track in his truck

I have a galaxy 66v on my truck and I have a license, I hardly ever talk on any channel let alone 10 meter, there's just not many people worth talking to anymore. I dont care to hear how tough they are or how fast their truck will go or how they duped the dot man yesterday.
Anyway, you are correct about Ray, it's fun to hear what he has to say. especially things like robbing houses and talking without a license are the same thing..
what about the truckstops that illegally advertise on the cb? some use a recording that plays over and over which is also illegal, that doesnt seem to bother Ray, it's just something about the 10 meter band that sets him off.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i know it is not legal, but will i tbother anybody if i run my export radio and kicker as long as i leave it on 19 or any of the other cb channels???
Old 03-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Hmm, do not think Kraco markets CB's any longer, but I did see some Kraco radios on sale somewhere recently.

I have to agree with nothing worth listening on the CB much anymore! Ever no and again I find someone worth talking too, and go to a different channel to have the conversation.

Actually, the truckstops, chrome shops, truck washes, etc. (unfortunately) can advertise without getting in much trouble. Another change in the law during the Bill Clinton administration (although, the only blame we can put on him is signing the bill). They can advertise as long as prices are not discussed on the air, and it does not lock down the frequency. Although we know there are several that violate both of those.

10 meter sets him off more, because of all the outlaw conversions and high power capabilities of them. I have someone near me with a real trashy radio, that does bleed over on my 10 meter when monitoring 2 certain frequencies. I have tried to figure out were this person is, but no luck. The nearest known base radio to me is well over a mile. Although I-10 is only 5 miles to the south, but this guy is there everyday. Sounds like he trying to talk on channel 19, but in FM mode! I cannot hear him on my 148 on AM, but a slight bleed on LSB, Does not make any real sense! Anway, that is what irritates me about the converted radios and irresponsible use.

Oh well, as the day goes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog

do they still make kraco? my friend has a kraco 8 track in his truck

I have a galaxy 66v on my truck and I have a license, I hardly ever talk on any channel let alone 10 meter, there's just not many people worth talking to anymore. I dont care to hear how tough they are or how fast their truck will go or how they duped the dot man yesterday.
Anyway, you are correct about Ray, it's fun to hear what he has to say. especially things like robbing houses and talking without a license are the same thing..
what about the truckstops that illegally advertise on the cb? some use a recording that plays over and over which is also illegal, that doesnt seem to bother Ray, it's just something about the 10 meter band that sets him off.
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i know it is not legal, but will i tbother anybody if i run my export radio and kicker as long as i leave it on 19 or any of the other cb channels???
Here is the deal! If you run it responsibly, it is properly modified (i.e. does not splatter over 30 channels), not heard in another country and it is not used as an equalizer to just tick people off, more than likely, although illegal, no one will notice or be bothered by it!

If one was to be running near you, talking on say 31, and you are on 19 and they could still hear your splatter, you will more than likely draw attention, not only from fellow truckers, but frequency monitors in various (not all) areas!

I have been doing some research, and have so far found 14 states that ratified the FCC ruling that allow states to enforce the regs! Some of these states are doing it, and using the FCC fine schedule. Why do you not here about these fines and confiscations? As everyone loves to point out to RR, they are state and local, Not Federal, thus do not have to be posted as FCC actions. Unless a radio operator choses to fight the fines and confiscations and go public with them, they are handled like a driving violation, in court, pay the fine (or ask for foregivess) and down the road they go!

There is a committee formed in Texas now, to allow a certain state entity to start enforcing this ruling, but it will have to wait until the 2009 legislative session to be approved. Although, depending on why you were stopped and by whom, some tickets have been issued already, under the Federal, not state regs. About 1/2 of the Texas State Troopers I have encountered are licensed Amateurs and know the regs well. Many of them are licensed now, because of catastrophies like Katrina, and the public network fails.

Sorry, this post became long winded, will quit for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_dude_in_michigan
It is time to start reeling in these ILLEGAL radio operators and make them pay, and also to make sure they are wearing their panties.
I just got done laughing for about 20 minutes after reading that.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM

The "radio police" on this board can cry me a river. I use a high power radio for comunication with other drivers in my company that I work in. It saves me from paying roaming fees.

Even with a properly tuned CB it is hard to get any range and still beable to clearly hear the person you are talking to.

The majority of our comunications has to do with chages in loading spots or loading times etc. Sure once and awhile there is the "were you stopping for lunch" but hey.

Just because there are a few out there that play the "shut up stupid" or "I ain't got no Panties on" games does not mean that all of us are out there to litter the airwaves with crap. I don't have a roger beep, my eco is turned off and I don't have little noise toys on my radio or key up the mic over the radio speaker to play music over the air.

I listen for DOT reports, road reports and the like. It is real nice to hear that an accident is causing a back up, 20 or more miles before you get to it so that you can change your route.

But then it would be hard to hear this type of stuff without a big radio.

I run a Connex 4300 HP 10 meter on the 11 meter band. I have the system tuned for the best possible TX and RX.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Board Regular

make that 3 I'm a Amateur Radio Operator as well. So yes, I can legally own those dual band CB's that the truck stops dole out without even so much as asking for a license.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
make that 3 I'm a Amateur Radio Operator as well. So yes, I can legally own those dual band CB's that the truck stops dole out without even so much as asking for a license.
Maybe you should look a little deeper in the regulation about dual band CB's.

kc0iv
Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 AM

i would personally like to become a ham operator, and have dreamed of it for quite some time, other than the costs, the biggest thing that turns me away is that i had heard you are required to be relatively "fluent" in morse code, anf have to meet a certain speed, wpm or w/e...and at this poiny all i really know is SOS...