Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Companies that will hire a driver with a rollover accident.

  1. #61
    dollarshort is offline Guest Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormothecentury View Post
    Not necessarily - a good friend of mine was literally blown off of I-90 outside of Bozeman a few weeks ago. 80 mph winds blew his truck (and about five others) right off the road.
    TECHNICALLY still the drivers fault. He shouldn't have been on the road under those conditions.

  2.  
  3. #62
    dollarshort is offline Guest Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIVER 1998 View Post
    I was involved in a slow motion rollover and for ten days was told I would not be terminated on the tenth day i was told they had to let me go .now i cant find a company that will hire me because my dac report shows preventable rollover what can i do about that .I have been driving for ten years without any violations one single accident can ruin your career?
    A rollover is not just any accident. It is very expensive not only to clean up but the loss of equipment. If you can't keep it on all 18 wheels you don't need to be driving it.

  4. #63
    bentstrider's Avatar
    bentstrider is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Desert, nowhere else man!!
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dollarshort View Post
    You say you thought Swift was a good company until they "sacked" you for the rollover accident? What did you expect? Did you think they would run out and hand you the keys to another truck so you could do it again? No matter what your excuse may be..A rollover is ALWAYS a preventable accident. If you can't handle the piece of equipment you are driving then you shouldn't be driving it. Consider yourself lucky you didn't kill yourself or someone else and find another career.
    Dollarshort, so are you saying I should just let my CDL lapse and revert it back to Class-C/four-wheeled vehicle.
    Yeah, some of the things people suggest in here aren't good, but I'm getting a little, f'ing tired of the "find another career" approach already.
    Gave up on school a long time ago, and I'm forcefully re-pursuing it right now.
    I don't feel any better about it and if I pull through after 4-8 years of dealing with the party animals/save-the-environment/world types, I still feel it's going to be a waste of time since a degree won't really make any difference getting me back into the job I was beginning to feel good at.

    If anything, I'll stick to the grunt work, put my education on the shelf after I've completed it and continually pound away for the right TRUCKING job.
    Not trying to sound sexist, but I think ultimately, higher-education is for women and physically-disabled persons where heavy-labor isn't an option.

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Do you mean today?
    Posts
    62

    Default

    ^ Wow. Higher education should only be for women and the disabled? Wow.

    B, you have your work cut out for you since your ultimate goal is to drive a tractor trailer. The CDL is an expensive license; it is up to you whether or not you downgrade it when it is time for you to renew. If you think you have a shot at hiring on to a company that requires one, then by all means, you should keep it... But like I said, you have your work cut out for you. It seems you have one year down and at least one more to go before many companies will consider you.

    It's a "Carrier's Market" right now, and apparently they are being highly selective in their hiring - as they should be. Many experienced drivers argue that carriers should have always been more selective when hiring and training drivers. This simply means that the people whom have gone to great lengths to "keep their noses clean" will prosper in this economic downturn. You may also see the stakes raised even further with the unveiling of TWIC. By that I mean, it may no longer be enough to have the CDL; companies may now seek drivers with the "most lucrative credentials" ... the roll-over was a mistake that will not work in your favor at present, but time may be on your side. If it's really what you want, don't give up.

  6. #65
    matcat's Avatar
    matcat is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manchester, NJ
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    My questions are these...

    What did you learn from your mistakes?

    How will you apply what you learned to prevent it from ever happening again?


    As many know I had an accident nearly as bad in this industry, a rear ender.

    IT took me a year to get back into the game, but I learned my lesson. The accident occurred in fog! Now whenever I drive in any weather with low visibility I slow my arse down! I don't care if I am the slowest thing on the road at the time, I WILL NOT repeat my mistakes.

    So again I ask, what did YOU learn, and what will YOU do to never repeat your mistakes?
    My Trucking Blog: http://matcattruckin.blogspot.com/
    Website I am making for drivers: http://www.4thedriver.com

    As I sit looking all around,
    Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
    The answers are there,
    But I do not know where.
    Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
    Are all I have so it seems.
    The future I do not know,
    So all I can do is take it slow.
    But I do know it will work out,
    So I wait and watch without a doubt
    .

  7. #66
    bentstrider's Avatar
    bentstrider is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Desert, nowhere else man!!
    Posts
    642

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by matcat View Post
    My questions are these...

    What did you learn from your mistakes?

    How will you apply what you learned to prevent it from ever happening again?


    As many know I had an accident nearly as bad in this industry, a rear ender.

    IT took me a year to get back into the game, but I learned my lesson. The accident occurred in fog! Now whenever I drive in any weather with low visibility I slow my arse down! I don't care if I am the slowest thing on the road at the time, I WILL NOT repeat my mistakes.

    So again I ask, what did YOU learn, and what will YOU do to never repeat your mistakes?

    As far as the steps I've taken, the only one that will work for me is better time-management.
    Keep my days short and keep my eyes on the clock.

    As far as my comments about higher-education, I was actually going through therapy back in high-school where the only psych I had any respect for actually agreed that more school beyond high-school would've led to potential, legal problems for myself.
    Seeing as how the only way I ultimately got through high school was by enrollment in a class with 1:7 teacher-student ratio, college was going to be a nightmare since they cram 30-50 students into a room with one instructor trying to skip as many lessons as possible.
    Then there was the case of having to be involved with the many, different backgrounds within the classroom, a classic case of "myself vs. those preppy poseurs".
    Ultimately, my old psych told me if school was absolutely necessary, then stick to a program that doesn't keep you in there for years.

    Truck driving seemed to fit that criteria and also became a job that kept me away from the mainstream, fancy club-going members of the regular world.

    Now, as far as being butthurt about it, I've essentially decided to bide my time and wait until a year or two more gets put between myself and the accident.

    I feel that working security until then will be good enough for me.
    It's not like I have a wife and kids to take care of, so I'm off the hook pretty much.

  8. #67
    matcat's Avatar
    matcat is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manchester, NJ
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
    As far as the steps I've taken, the only one that will work for me is better time-management.
    Keep my days short and keep my eyes on the clock.

    As far as my comments about higher-education, I was actually going through therapy back in high-school where the only psych I had any respect for actually agreed that more school beyond high-school would've led to potential, legal problems for myself.
    Seeing as how the only way I ultimately got through high school was by enrollment in a class with 1:7 teacher-student ratio, college was going to be a nightmare since they cram 30-50 students into a room with one instructor trying to skip as many lessons as possible.
    Then there was the case of having to be involved with the many, different backgrounds within the classroom, a classic case of "myself vs. those preppy poseurs".
    Ultimately, my old psych told me if school was absolutely necessary, then stick to a program that doesn't keep you in there for years.

    Truck driving seemed to fit that criteria and also became a job that kept me away from the mainstream, fancy club-going members of the regular world.

    Now, as far as being butthurt about it, I've essentially decided to bide my time and wait until a year or two more gets put between myself and the accident.

    I feel that working security until then will be good enough for me.
    It's not like I have a wife and kids to take care of, so I'm off the hook pretty much.
    Sounds like anti-social excuses to me. You can do WHATEVER you put your mind to, no matter the circumstances, if you let others tell you what you can and cannot do, then you will just be a slave to society.
    My Trucking Blog: http://matcattruckin.blogspot.com/
    Website I am making for drivers: http://www.4thedriver.com

    As I sit looking all around,
    Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
    The answers are there,
    But I do not know where.
    Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
    Are all I have so it seems.
    The future I do not know,
    So all I can do is take it slow.
    But I do know it will work out,
    So I wait and watch without a doubt
    .

  9. #68
    bentstrider's Avatar
    bentstrider is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Desert, nowhere else man!!
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matcat View Post
    Sounds like anti-social excuses to me. You can do WHATEVER you put your mind to, no matter the circumstances, if you let others tell you what you can and cannot do, then you will just be a slave to society.
    Truck driving was what I put my mind to.

    School projects and getting into college is something I never wanted to do.
    So, anti-social as it may sound, I never really liked school that much and four years of high school was enough stress for me.

    It will be healthier for me to do my other job and wait for some more time to pass, as opposed to spend money out of my own pocket, or request aid to torture myself with Academia.

    It may sound like a downer statement to some, but looking at things like this is actually making life alot easier for me to live.
    I don't need no $40,000+ piece of paper to make me feel better about myself.
    Last edited by bentstrider; 04-24-2009 at 03:41 PM.

  10. #69
    sadsack is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    So, been driving for 11 years....not one thing on my record....then a VERY slow rollover....no fuel lost (carrying 7600 gal. diesel)...not even a window busted out of the cab.....granted the cab was probably totaled...but still you say no one will hire me.....something is just not right here....maybe I've just gone the last 11 years with blinders on.....oh, by the way..great forum...I'm new here...thanks for listening.....out of work 2 weeks now....hope something comes along...

  11. #70
    sadsack is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    FIVE weeks now...no luck yet....

  12. #71
    LogBook's Avatar
    LogBook is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    Default

    sadsack, were you at and you looking to stay in tanker or open to ride out the rollover doing anything cdl class? hay going to be upfront with you, there no such thing as a soft roll over, you layed it over same as falling asleep and running off the road bottom line you layed it over. no surger coating it,

  13. #72
    Blacksheep is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the bunker
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    The reality is someone will give you a second chance, odds are if you rolled one over you'll never do that again and it's a tough lesson but keep looking and you'll find that second chance.


    Good luck.

  14. #73
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have some companies that will work with you on rollovers and terminations. Visit Truckers Needed and lets see if we can help you out

  15. #74
    mikepaul is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    try carolina cargo they don't care if you've had a roll over or two.

  16. This ad will disappear if you login

 




Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1