User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Failed drug test due to prescription

failed a drug test due to taking a couple of Tylenol #3. MRO did not understand they were prescription cause they were over a year old.
Went threw a SAP and was determined no further treatment was needed. Been over a year. Do I still have a chance in driving?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member

The thing about prescriptions, is once the condition it was prescribed for is no longer there such as pain relievers for post surgical pain, then it is still possible to fail a drug test even though you have or had a prescription for that medication.

If you went to an actual SAP counselor/program and have the paperwork to prove it then you have a chance. Be sure to be up front about the failed drug test and the completion of the SAP program with any recruiter you talk to.

It may take another year or two however before any trucking company is willing to take a chance, but so long as you keep yourself clean then you do have a chance of re-entering the industry.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Failed drug test due to prescription

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerpumpkin
failed a drug test due to taking a couple of Tylenol #3. MRO did not understand they were prescription cause they were over a year old.
Went threw a SAP and was determined no further treatment was needed. Been over a year. Do I still have a chance in driving?
Having been through a something similar I'll tell you it isn't going to be easy. Your best hope is to find a small carrier and drive for them for a few years.

kc0iv
Old 03-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Having been through a something similar I'll tell you it isn't going to be easy. Your best hope is to find a small carrier and drive for them for a few years.
I'd second that. We had a guy fail a piss test because he ate brownies laced with pot in a moment of bad judgement. He went through the whole rigamarole, and we pissed him once a week for months. My boss figured it was worth the hassle, because this driver wasn't going anywhere anytime soon after that, because nobody would hire him.

He stayed put to the bitter end, and made a good driver for us, until we all got laid off.

He was the guy on the far right of the middle row of this little picture in my sig.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
I'd second that. We had a guy fail a piss test because he ate brownies laced with pot in a moment of bad judgement. He went through the whole rigamarole, and we pissed him once a week for months. My boss figured it was worth the hassle, because this driver wasn't going anywhere anytime soon after that, because nobody would hire him.

He stayed put to the bitter end, and made a good driver for us, until we all got laid off.

He was the guy on the far right of the middle row of this little picture in my sig.

There's a big difference between illegal drugs and prescribed drugs. There is no defence for illegal drugs.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Rookie
Default No difference

I have applied to many companies an they don't care if it is a prescription drug or illegal drug. All they see is that you have a positive drug test.
Most companies give you the run around before they say call us back in 3 years. 1 company said try in 10 years.

So as far as the companies go they don't give a sh*t . They would rather put a inexperience driver in the seat then someone who has experience.
The companies don't make the decisions the damn insurance companies do.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 AM

I was taking tylenol 3 when I my drug test was done to enter trucking school for an absess tooth and in the prescibed amount it does not show up.
So where does that leave you and just what are you not telling us ?
Old 04-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
There's a big difference between illegal drugs and prescribed drugs. There is no defence for illegal drugs.
True, but they're all illegal drugs as far as I'm concerned. I get asthmatic bronchitis every other year or so, and I never take the prescribed cough syrup. I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, and I didn't take the prescribed Tylenol 4 pills. If I could piss positive for anything, prescription or no, I just don't take the stuff, and I suffer through it.

I'm not condoning that pothead's actions, but I do have to concede, reluctantly, that he did all his rehab hoobajoob, and he did his job afterwards, for years. The best indication of a good driver IMHO is that I never have to work extra to cover his ass.