User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Nice work mythbuster

My question is how many people agree with the laws. How many think they are outdated to the point of being ignorant in the way they are
hypocritical. What you just said is that it's o.k. because it's alcohol ,IT just depends on how much and how long ago. Or it depends on a breath test, or company policy. I'm not crying about not being stoned or getting busted for getting that way. I stated it was a false positive. I'd take another test to prove it ,but I'd rather leave the trucking and do something else for a while. Maybe forever,however, It runs in my veins, Log trucks go back in my family at least 60 years. As I said the trucking isn't the greatest job, Remember to figure by the hour and how much of your life it consumes. Not a problem if you don't have a life. A person that don't have a life is a very dangerous person. No balance. You all just keep them between the lines and be cool on the stool. I'm not the enemy
I'm a temporary ex truck driver that has gave a helping hand to many out there. Like sliding tandems, moving freight in a wagon to help get a driver legal. I'm that guy, I was never in to big of hurry to help a fellow driver. The industry is the one missing out for awhile not the other way around.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Rookie

I entered Dac reports, and there is a separate report for pre-employment drug test failures. That company does them, but many do not. Also, they were up to a month behind on entering the info, so some drivers could possibly go hire on with another company without them finding out...
Old 11-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

if you are stupid enough to fail a drug test, then you are too stupid to drive a truck. just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Rookie
Default found this

Revolving Door in Big Rig Drug Screening
Truck Drivers Who Fail Drug Tests Are Often Still Able to Get Behind The Wheel

New York, NY (PRWEB) August 27, 2005 -- The hazards associated with driving a 30-ton vehicle down the highway under the influence of drugs are obvious.

According to Terry M. Evans, CEO of Fleet Defender, LLC, in the present era truckers who are addicts are also ripe targets for corruption by terrorist operatives. They may use their truck or bus in an act of terrorism or simply hand over their CDL or the keys to their rig in exchange for money or drugs, or they may be blackmailed into cooperating.

When a truck driver fails to pass a drug test, many people assume that the driver's CDL license will be automatically suspended or revoked and he will no longer be a menace on the road, but that is all too often not the case. While the intent is to make this a career-ending experience, serious loopholes in the drug testing program mean the failing driver may continue on without missing a beat.

When hiring new drivers, companies rely on a clearinghouse such as DAC to provide information on past job experience, generally including reasons for termination such as failing a drug test. However, a prospective driver can attend a company orientation program, fail the drug screening and be dismissed, and this will never appear on his DAC report since at this point he was never actually hired. The failing driver can then go down the street and apply to the next trucking company without revealing his contact with the previous employer.

Furthermore, if such drug test failures do not show up in a DAC report, the information is generally lost, since failed drug testing is not reportable to DOT or a licensing office unless the result of contact with law or regulatory enforcement. And companies that do not use DAC will never see them anyway. However, DAC was never meant to be a verification tool for drug testing. It is simply a clearinghouse for driver job experience.

According to Mr. Evans, one solution to combat this would be a national CDL license, or at least a national CDL driver data bank. Failed drug testing by a driver with a CDL should be reported to some kind of governmental office having the ability to suspend the license and keep the driver off the road. For further information, please visit www.fleetdefender.com.

Posted by Industrial-Manufacturing at 11:57 PM | Comments
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

The more that I read this thread,, the more it sounds like our old friend "AllanVW" trying to make a comeback. Now, I'm sure that many of you remember old "AllenVW"; he was the guy who ran a hot piss test, tried to blame it on hemp oil that was in his salad, initiated a couple of petitions to end random drug testing, and then went on to give rather lengthy dissertations that sought to minimize the effects of weed.

It never ceases to amaze me, or for that matter, amuse me, when someone comes here whining about a failed drug test, wants plead that it was a false positive, and then goes on to try to argue about how pot isn't as dangerous a alcohol, and how arcane and archaic the rules are.

Look, I'm no sanctimonious tea-total-er. I've smoked my share of weed in my time, but I gave it up when I saw that it was closing doors of opportunity that I wanted to have open. When I began upgrading my pilot's license, guess what?? The FAA was beginning to require drug testing!!! What was I going to do??

Add to the mix, I came to see my stoner friends as being rather convenient in their friendship. When I had weed, I had friends; weed gone??... friends suddenly disappear. Score a lid?? The dude that sold it would be back three nights later, wanting to know if he "could get a little bit from me"

Sorry, but these losers have plumb smoked themselves flat-ass retarded!!

BTW, those of you who know me already know why I posted this in green!! 8)
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Rookie

For what it's worth, I failed a pre employment drug test for cannabis back in '05. I checked my DAC report twice and it is not there. I have worked for several outfits since. Whether the company I failed the test for used DAC, I cannot say for sure, but I believe they did.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewildered View Post
For what it's worth, I failed a pre employment drug test for cannabis back in '05. I checked my DAC report twice and it is not there. I have worked for several outfits since. Whether the company I failed the test for used DAC, I cannot say for sure, but I believe they did.
Congrats! DAC has a time frame.......7 or 10 years, I think, regarding reporting of Drug/Alcohol issues.

You can go light up again! Woohoo!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj9351 View Post
I've heard it more than once, I prefer that my coworkers use nothing on the job. After work, I'd work around a guy that smokes pot anytime over a guy that drinks. I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others. I've found another line of work and I in courage others to do the same. The way things are going only the perfect will survive, and that's not many. A new generation will soon be in control of things and they will not be so ignorant. Your scared of pot but I bet you know how to polish of a fifth and not get drunk. That's the guy that scares the hell out of me on Monday morning in rush hour traffic. Not the guy that smoked a joint three weeks ago at a wedding. It's not your fault you watch government movies when you were young that told stories of kids getting stoned and killing there mother. Lies, lies ,lies. It was all to make you not try it. They outlawed weed back in the thirties so they could send Mexicans back to Mexico. During the depression no one had enough and no one wanted to share with a bunch of pot smoking Mexicans. I always say if you haven't been there and done that,shut up stupid. See ya on the road I'll be in a four wheeler,o I might have got stoned the night before, be scared. If one of you super truckers make a mistake I might take advantage of it. $$$
If you believe in being safe don't drink or drug, ever.
im a logger in New Zealand and the first people kicked off our jobs are drug smokers or the other worse drug users ,bit of alcholl is not so bad
Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Board Icon

Gee. I'm so happy now! lol
Old 09-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Rookie

I found out the facts. Directly from the guy that tested my specimen. I failed my drug screen. I was told the only way out of it is to go to see a substance abuse counselor take a class and then after paying out approximately 400 dollars in 3 months time which can be done online you will be relieved of the liability. Not reporting this is on a federal level because if you do not disclose that you did fail a drug test then it can come back to haunt you this is not reported on your DAC report however the company that set you up for the pre employment drug screen has the responsibility to let the dotz know if they inquire which applications did in fact fail a drug screen and then it is possible that this can come back to haunt you. Other than that if you do not disclose this and you go to work for somebody else you are at risk of getting in deep doodoo. But if you are in a position like I am and you need to work because you smoked a little weed here and there on your own time good luck I am going to reapply at another company and deal with the consequences if they come up I think its just b******* just like everybody else does what you do on your own free time.