User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Choice

I've heard it more than once, I prefer that my coworkers use nothing on the job. After work, I'd work around a guy that smokes pot anytime over a guy that drinks. I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others. I've found another line of work and I in courage others to do the same. The way things are going only the perfect will survive, and that's not many. A new generation will soon be in control of things and they will not be so ignorant. Your scared of pot but I bet you know how to polish of a fifth and not get drunk. That's the guy that scares the hell out of me on Monday morning in rush hour traffic. Not the guy that smoked a joint three weeks ago at a wedding. It's not your fault you watch government movies when you were young that told stories of kids getting stoned and killing there mother. Lies, lies ,lies. It was all to make you not try it. They outlawed weed back in the thirties so they could send Mexicans back to Mexico. During the depression no one had enough and no one wanted to share with a bunch of pot smoking Mexicans. I always say if you haven't been there and done that,shut up stupid. See ya on the road I'll be in a four wheeler,o I might have got stoned the night before, be scared. If one of you super truckers make a mistake I might take advantage of it. $$$
If you believe in being safe don't drink or drug, ever.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj9351
I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others.
Let me tell you this, you have no idea what it is like to put your life in someone else's hands! If you did you would not make that remark. Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand! What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys! Let me say this, I have seen the aftermath of both worlds in my 14 yrs in the fire and EMS service as a Paramedic and in my 6 yrs in the Military. You may think that Pot or any other drug is harmless, Well granted it is not as bad as some out there but it does kill and it does alter your way of reasoning. Case and point, look at how you are trying to justify your using it. But, if you want to keep on playing the victim here go right ahead. I will just drive my truck down the road while you cash your food stamps and wait in the unemployment line! BOL 2 U
Old 10-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Rookie
Default Explain?

What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys!

What about a gal. I don't have gal. It takes more than gal to be a man.
Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other, I'd say they where at least equal. Others want to play it the other way because one is legal and the other is not. By who's law? I don't believe in half the laws those people have put in place.Runaway government! I do believe in the troops and the war, just in case you want to go there. My respect for the fire fighters and emt's. Been there done that. When was the last time you seen someone stoned kill in a car wreck? Just stoned on weed. When was the last time you seen a drunk kill. Ten years with search and rescue, I never seen the first without the second. By the way ,I have V.P. in my title. trucker,fireman,trucker bill. I haven't smoked weed in twenty years. I had a false positve and not the will or want to change it. I have other skills i can work for a few years to put this behind me. I feel sorry if anyone is in the same situation and can't get it right. I'm not scared of ptot it a choice thing. Not at work ,but I beleive you should do what you want off duty. Except crank, coke, acid, heroin, funny thing is there is more drivers doing these things because they don't stay with you for thirty days or longer. I always say,know what your talking about or shut up stupid.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:01 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other

What in the World are you talking about?
Old 10-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Board Regular

terryj9351 saysI haven't smoked weed in twenty years. I had a false positive and not the will or want to change it

If it was a true false positive you can ask for a retest I know i would if it was me

terryj9351 saysNot at work ,but I believe you should do what you want off duty

You may have the right to do what you want to do off duty but when you hold a CDL the rules change. You knew in advance of getting your CDL what the rules are and the drug testing that is being done. So now sympathy from me on this subject. My CDL means my lively hood and why put it in harms way. Everyone has to do what they feel is right. We had a driver feel the same way and the boss said to bad he didn't want to stop and felt that it was unfair. The industry has gone a long way to try and clean it self up.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other

What in the World are you talking about?
fireman932003 wrote: "What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys!"

He mispelled the word "gall" terrj took it to mean something else.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Rookie
Default I knew what he meant, I just spelt it the same way.

Your right, When I read it, I thought he was saying a girl. I read
it again and he was saying I had the gall. I wrote it the same as he did to see if He knew what I was saying. Now we got that straightened out
I can move on. Nobody has to like what I've said ,I do have gall,two of them. I don't hold back. You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you. I work on this machine now ,I like it but at the same time miss the road. I haven't killed my CDL. I'll drive again. I've turned down some jobs after I decided to stay home. I'll keep coming back so get right or get Left.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: I knew what he meant, I just spelt it the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj9351
Your right, When I read it, I thought he was saying a girl. I read
it again and he was saying I had the gall. I wrote it the same as he did to see if He knew what I was saying. Now we got that straightened out
I can move on. Nobody has to like what I've said ,I do have gall,two of them. I don't hold back. You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you. I work on this machine now ,I like it but at the same time miss the road. I haven't killed my CDL. I'll drive again. I've turned down some jobs after I decided to stay home. I'll keep coming back so get right or get Left.
You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you.

Right :roll:
And no we don't know you
Old 10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Rookie
Default The trucking industry lost agood driver;

I didn't loose a great job ,just one I enjoy. The industry lost a good driver
because of there back dated rules. A driver can drink a half case of beer and drive the next day and pretend he's safe looking through blood shot
eyes. Better yet he can go to a terminal in two days,get a random and no one knows. A driver goes to a event and smokes some weed and he's got a shadow over him for awhile until clean again. There's social drinkers and there's drunks. There's a occasional user of weed and a
habitual user. The problem is ,if your a drunk nobody knows until you
really mess up. That's the drunk test everyone goes by. When it comes to weed there is no test. It's all bad, but that is changing. It's a new generation and there are closet smokers everywhere. Judges ,doctors, lawyers even company executives. They are self medicated smokers,
most have a drinking problem, but they still want to unwind at the end of the day. Is a judge going to get in trouble if he smokes a little weed at
the end of the day? Are you going to call him a pot head? If you've ever smoked then you know what I'm talking about. If you've never, then you don't have an opp-ion on the subject. It's kinda like a doctor telling a mechanic how to fix a car. All you guys can do is be critical and close minded. Say little wise cracks,which I ignore. If you want to be open minded and not so critical . I take in what you have to say. Rules are rules, I know that. By telling a driver that don't like living without something to take the edge off at the end of a day,that he can't choose
a illegal drug ,he must stay legal. your telling a possible drunk to drink.
Think about it. Nobody answered my question earlier,not even the fireman. When was the last time you seen a stoner kill in a traffic accident? Without alcohol. When the last time you seen a drunk kill.
One every three minutes in this country. The laws will change it just a matter of time. If you don't know what your talking about ,you know what to do.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM

Hmmmm, now the rest of the story?

terryj9351

Quote:
According to the DOT regulations handbook.No employer ,lab or mro can release a driver test results for pre employment. There is a right to privacy. I had a false positive, I know this because I haven't touch THC in years. I think it had to do with Ibueprophen. I took several 800 mg tablets a day.
I tried to tell the MRO this and he said it wasn't possible. I will not take any for my next test and I'm sure it will be fine. If the failed test gets put on my DAC ,I will need a lawyer. I would not take a pre employment test knowing I was dirty. I guess some people do and that is what will bite me. Read about your rioght to privacy then let me know if you think it will be put on a DAC report.
Perhaps it was because you were too close to your fiends while they were smoking or you were smoking.

Quote:
The industry lost a good driver because of there back dated rules.
Outdated? I don?t think so, no driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol belongs on the road.

Quote:
A driver can drink a half case of beer and drive the next day and pretend he's safe looking through blood shot eyes.
No, check again:

Quote:
? 392.5 Alcohol prohibition.

(a) No driver shall?

(1) Use alcohol, as defined in ?382.107 of this subchapter, or be under the influence of alcohol, within 4 hours before going on duty or operating, or having physical control of, a commercial motor vehicle; or

(2) Use alcohol, be under the influence of alcohol, or have any measured alcohol concentration or detected presence of alcohol, while on duty, or operating, or in physical control of a commercial motor vehicle; or
Drivers have been placed OOS for 24 hours when the smell of alcohol was detected. Carriers have been prosecuted for using a driver on the dock after the driver blew .001 for a random alcohol test.

Quote:
Better yet he can go to a terminal in two days,get a random and no one knows.
Yes, alcohol is legal, while there are health issues there are no legal issues.

Quote:
A driver goes to a event and smokes some weed and he's got a shadow over him for awhile until clean again.
I can remember California decriminalizing marijuana from June 1973, less than 1 ounce is a citation with a $25 first offense, $50 second offense, and something more drastic for the third offense. The problem with that is the Feds never decriminalized marijuana so depending on where a person got caught with the marijuana it could be a ticket or jail.

Quote:
"Nichols' Fourth Law says, "Avoid any action with an unacceptable outcome"
Simple choice, don?t break the law.

Quote:
There's social drinkers and there's drunks. There's a occasional user of weed and a habitual user. The problem is ,if your a drunk nobody knows until you really mess up. That's the drunk test everyone goes by.
No, I can think of a complaint on a passenger carrier where it was reported a driver who had been drinking was on the bus (NOT driving.) A visit was paid to the carrier?s place of business and buses were inspected and drivers were interviewed. One driver showed up for work and blew less than .02. The driver was sent to the hospital for further testing.

Quote:
When it comes to weed there is no test.
Yes there is, you use and get caught, you loose.

Quote:
It's all bad, but that is changing. It's a new generation and there are closet smokers everywhere.
States are free to change their laws and decriminalize marijuana; however, until the federal rules are changed drivers will be prohibited from using drugs.

Be safe.