User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Failed drug test reporting question.

This is not regarding a Class A, but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable, so I hope you can help.

I hold a Class B and I drove a school bus route as a side gig. About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I was willing to try anything I thought might help the fight, so I quite my driving job near the end of the school year so I could use marijuana post surgery and radiation treatment. I was confirmed cancer free last November and I stopped using. (I have no recreational interest and no more medical motivation.)

Thinking I was clean (home test), I applied for a position within the aerospace industry to a DOT controlled company. It was an electronics tech position, not a driving position, but it was a DOT, FAA safety-sensitive position. I tested positive on the pre-employment screen and referred to SAP.

I contacted SAP to look into the back to work program and gave them my info including my CDL number hoping that the company was still considering me. Then I received an email rescinding the job offer.

Now the school district has asked me if I would be willing to come back to work for them, at least as a substitute driver. I don’t think the re-hire would include a BG check or drug screen, but I’m not absolutely certain.

Is there any chance, at all, that my CDL will be affected in any way? I don’t want to go back to driving for them and then have my CDL pulled or have the school district notified of a previous failed drug test.

Thanks for your help.