User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dac report how many years

Hi guys new to forum was wondering if anyone knows how long things stay on the dac report now is it 7 years or 10 years I know it was 10 but since things changed is it now 7 years and it goes away I got a company policy violtion in may 2000 wondering if it will be off my dac next may Thanks for any info
Old 05-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Rookie

sacandfox, Not to be offensive, but an occasional period, comma or break of any kind in your question might better your chances of getting it answered. Myself, i read it 3 times and I still dont get the gist of it. I'm sure somebody will though. Good luck!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I doubt, very much, that anything will come off your DAC at the end of 7 years. When you fill out an application, you are REQUIRED to fill out experience for the past TEN YEARS. I understand that "requirement" is FEDERAL. You can expect it to be there for a full ten years, if not longer.

My wife had a look at her DAC about two years ago, and found things on there from 1992. More than ten years old.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
My wife had a look at her DAC about two years ago, and found things on there from 1992.

Things?

What kind of things go on a D.A.C. is it just work History, or is it your whole life, credit record ect.?

What is, and what goes on a D.A.C.?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Employment info will stay on your DAC report for 10 years.

Companies that report to DAC can report employment dates, accident info, and other work related issues and drug test results.

Crimminal background and MVR reports are not provided by companies that you may have worked for but are checks that DAC does for companies that use their services if so desired.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Board Regular

While the enfo will stay on there for 10 years, after 7 years all DAC will show is start and end date of employement. Here is the dirext quote of hubbies DAC:

Note: A seven year period has elapsed since employment termination. It is prohibited to disclose work record, elgibility for re-hire, reason for leaving, and accident information.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't understand this 7 to 10 years, DAC is a private company that has a database on everyone who applies for a job that uses their services, could be a trucking company or any company that pays for a DAC report, now a DAC report can be employment to criminal to civil to dmv records to credit history and can go as far back as you got your first ticket to the first time you got a collection agency after you to the first time to got caught stealing when you were 20 years old, their is no limit or time span on a DAC report....as an example my DAC report goes back 23 years of history they dug up so 7 to 10 years is all a hoax....they will find everything you done and compile it in their database and sell it to anyone that request this information so now you know......
Old 05-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_TRUCKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
My wife had a look at her DAC about two years ago, and found things on there from 1992.

Things?

What kind of things go on a D.A.C. is it just work History, or is it your whole life, credit record ect.?

What is, and what goes on a D.A.C.?

FL has a law called the "BAKER ACT". If someone thinks you are mentally capable of hurting yourself, they can put you in a mental institute. A couple of credit cards were "borrowed", and when she got "unreasonable" about the charges, the guy had her "BAKER ACTED". She was out of circulation for two weeks. In that time, he got the rest of her cards, got more in her name, and ran them all up to the max. After she was released, she was charged with "CREDIT CARD FRAUD". Very shortly after the investigation was started, the charges were dropped. DAC reports that she was charged, and says nothing about a conviction. That's 14 years old now, and still on there. It won't come off either, because she WAS charged, and DAC has not noted that charges were dropped.

A note to add... They guy that did it all got five years in prison. Charges were more than a dozen counts of credit card fraud, check fraud, assaulting an officer, and something else too. But 5 years for $75,000 of her credit cards, more of his own mother's credit cards. Oh yeah... Grand theft auto too.

Since he got out, the FEDS got him. I don't think he'll see daylight again. After 9-11, he threatened someone with a "WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION".... A hand grenade... No one even knows where they're keeping him now.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some states have enacted legislation where criminal records may be expunged if no conviction has taken place or charges were dropped. You may have her check on that. If the record can be expunged they will have no choice but to erase it from her DAC report. She can also put a letter of explanation in her DAC file.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
Don't understand this 7 to 10 years, DAC is a private company that has a database on everyone who applies for a job that uses their services, could be a trucking company or any company that pays for a DAC report, now a DAC report can be employment to criminal to civil to dmv records to credit history and can go as far back as you got your first ticket to the first time you got a collection agency after you to the first time to got caught stealing when you were 20 years old, their is no limit or time span on a DAC report....as an example my DAC report goes back 23 years of history they dug up so 7 to 10 years is all a hoax....they will find everything you done and compile it in their database and sell it to anyone that request this information so now you know......
Not the same. A "DAC Report" comes from the company's Driver Employment Histor File (DEHF), which is, essentially, a record of any company that sends employment data into DAC on employees.

While they do offer other checks (MVR, Criminal/Sex Offender, Credit, etc), they are not technically called DAC reports.