Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Owner Operators with Own Authority (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/38124-owner-operators-own-authority.html)

AMikonis1980 06-23-2009 09:16 PM

Owner Operators with Own Authority

Is there website where Owner Operators with Own Authority would list their name so they could be visible to brokers? Trying to find reliable owner operators to work with.

henboy1 06-23-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMikonis1980 (Post 454122)
Is there website where Owner Operators with Own Authority would list their name so they could be visible to brokers? Trying to find reliable owner operators to work with.

go here FMCSA Grant List
get the mc # then punch it here to get their phone #s
SAFER Web - Company Snapshot

GMAN 06-24-2009 02:15 AM

When you subscribe to some of the loadboards brokers can see you.

AMikonis1980 06-26-2009 12:40 AM

good links! thank you

truckerdave1 07-21-2009 04:43 PM

The Owner Operators Freelance Dispatcher

I am offering my dispatch service and resources to Owner Operators that have their own authority and Insurance.
I call for loads under your business name/Authority as your employee for you. I book the best paying loads with the least amount of deadhead I can find on your terms, and dispatch your freight directly to you or your driver(s), it is that simple.
All the money flows through you or your factoring company, I do not see or touch your money, which means I get paid from you not the other way around. I charge seven percent of the gross of each load and will only take on 15 owner operators max, so space is limited. I already have the experience, know how, load boards, phone, fax, and the time! Now you can just drive!
Do you not have the availability or time to Drive and properly put forth the time and effort it takes to get a decent load? Do you lack the resources while on the road or a person at home to book freight, write invoices, mail out the original?
STOP Paying 25 – 30% of your gross to a leasing company that does not seem to care about the cost of fuel and dead head!
Call: Nope, no free advertising for your book here either.

henboy1 07-21-2009 09:12 PM

Now let me be the brave one on here to respond to you.

Let me be the bravest one on here to respond to you.
A year ago before I got my authority I had called a dispatch company to see how much they would charge a 2nd truck in case I had bought one.They claimed their loads would pay up to 1.69/mile.That rate was really ****ty at that time because I knew I could even get more on THE LOADBOARDS if i had to do so.
Have you studied the going rates on these boards.I say the word BOARDS because from your post you sound like you would just linger around the boards and get the best paying rate.

LET'S BE REALISTIC, IF YOU'RE LIVING OFF THE BOARD WITHOUT YOUR OWN SHIPPERS, DO NOT BOTHER COMING HERE TO SOLICIT FOR THAT BUSINESS BECAUSE INDEPENDENTS WILL GO THROUGH YOU EVERY WEEK.
The point is, the most anyone can get on the board is $1.40/mile minus your 7% will be will be around 1.30X 5%(factoring) and this equals around $1.25/mile.
Now this is the most someone can get when they let you run their business.How many $1.40 loads can you get a week?85% of the loads posted are being offered at $1/mile -110/mile.
Let's say you post everyones trucks and have someone like CH robinson call you.
The most you can get out of them through neg. is $1.35 and heavy as heck.

The general point is, forget this whole career that you thought about and want to impliment.Until you have your own direct shippers don't advertise for that.BTW don't even go to ShippersPoint Home and grab their heavy 48kibs loads for independents.
"ONLY 2 MONTHS WITH MY AUTHORITY BUT WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF A 100 YEAR OLD MAN"

truckerdave1 07-21-2009 09:34 PM

Your response

Henboy1,

Sorry you have had a bad exp. in the past. I have successfully conducted my business for more than three years. I have taken on a partner, and he is looking for a diversity of trucks and is posting, but, as you know freight goes up and down depending on the time of the year. I do use boards and direct shippers, and as for the boards, depending on the equipment I NEVER get the rates you said. If those are the rates your getting... sorry. I very rarely use CH (cheap and heavy) Roberson, but if I do, it is at my convience, not theirs. My business model focuses around Drivers and maximizing their pay, which is why I work off a commission and not the other way around. If I charged a flat fee, then I would be a crook, but seeing I work off commission, my lively hood depends on my performance. Now don't get me wrong, I do NOT work with low budget drivers that are always behind on their insurance and always have bald tires... with that said, I filter through and work with reasonable drivers that know how to manage both their life and their business but just need some assistance becasue they need it or want it. My service is to help, it is hard to find a load while your driving, and if you book one too far in advance, it will pay to little. I am sure you know that, but when one of my drivers are driving 2000 miles, I have two to three day to find them a load so they do not have to deal with Cheap and Heavy. I take all their phone calls, fill out paperwork, invoice, fusss with broker and shippers and use my law degree to file papers on those that TRY to screw my drivers. Again, I work FOR the driver(s), and I have a great retention. You have my phone number, and I can show you better than I can tell you... it does not cost you a dime for me to try, because remember... I work off commission and if you do not approve of the load... then it does not get booked. Also, if you want to know what kind of person I am... see my site at (EDITED - peddle your book somewhere else)

rlhgpt 12-22-2009 01:37 AM

send me some loads [email protected] Richard hobbs Gulf Eagle Logistics

Orangetxguy 12-22-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhgpt (Post 470692)

Is this a last big...desperate......push for riches??

Kurbski 12-22-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhgpt (Post 470692)

We have a whole bunch of fruitcakes down here in FL. Can you help us move them?