Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Truckmovers.com....advice???? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/24627-truckmovers-com-advice.html)

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE 02-06-2007 11:58 PM

Truckmovers.com....advice????

Anyone know anything about these guys????

I watched the videos they have, imagine that!!!LOL.
Seems like a lot of trouble to haul your personal vehicle around as opposed to a cheap rental car.

Be good, Jim

Lewis friend 02-07-2007 08:59 PM

I contracted to them for a while.

I think you can end up with just as much or more$$$ as any other trucking company driver type job----if you stay rolling.

The personal car thing is not a big deal and really, is essential to sucess doing this type of work.

It's a pretty easy gig and i'm seriously thinking about going back to it.

PackRatTDI 02-07-2007 11:11 PM

Get a car like my Jetta TDI. 45-50 mpg on the highway. 8)

Lewis friend 02-08-2007 01:24 PM

Well, really the most deadheading i did (with car traveling to the next truck) was about 300-350 miles per week-----which is about the same as if i had a local job and commuted everyday.

So, really it's like a OTR job with a daily commute.

Now, the car is still moving all the miles you drive because it is being towed; Just the engine is not running. So, the tires and bearings are getting all the mileage. Which, really, is not a big deal especially if you got good tires. A good set of tires can be had for less than $300.
Bearings are cheap and, of course, you know you get like 50,000-60,000 miles on them.

02-09-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend
Well, really the most deadheading i did (with car traveling to the next truck) was about 300-350 miles per week-----which is about the same as if i had a local job and commuted everyday.

Now, the car is still moving all the miles you drive because it is being towed; Just the engine is not running. So, the tires and bearings are getting all the mileage. Which, really, is not a big deal especially if you got good tires. A good set of tires can be had for less than $300.
Bearings are cheap and, of course, you know you get like 50,000-60,000 miles on them.

HEY CHAD/COLONEL TOON/RON KNIESLY WHY DON'T YOU POST YOUR PAYSTUBS, LIKE YOU USED TO DO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jnk2001 02-15-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend

So, how do they pay? by mile or percentage?

Lewis friend 02-15-2007 04:38 PM

By the mile. I think it was .65. And at the time there was a $1.25 cap on fuel.

Like i said, i've been there, done that and i can tell you that if you keep rolling, you can end up with just as much as most company driver positions.

Does this mean you should do this vs. hauling frieght? No. Each gig has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Bigmon 02-15-2007 04:47 PM

Bennett does the same thing. I think there are a few companies that do it. Bennett says they do a lot of Penske work.