User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default hows everyone dealing with the cold?

tonight its not bad where I am. a low of 22*. what i'm kinda worried about is Tuesday. when I come across PA the high temp is supposed to be 3* and a low of 2*. got a bottle of halves today for Tuesday. only thing i'm debating is to idle Tuesday night or let the tripac do its thing.

how are you guys doing?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 AM

I'm stuck at the Petro in Effingham IL, but sure beats being one of the many many jack-knifed trucks parked off road. The last 42 miles heading north on I57 took 8 hours Sunday night. My reefer turned off just before getting here, but some Howes in the tank and it stayed running.

Without fuel antigel, I would have left the big engine running. I put the Howes in and my Comfort Pro is doing okay.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barf View Post
I'm stuck at the Petro in Effingham IL, but sure beats being one of the many many jack-knifed trucks parked off road. The last 42 miles heading north on I57 took 8 hours Sunday night. My reefer turned off just before getting here, but some Howes in the tank and it stayed running.

Without fuel antigel, I would have left the big engine running. I put the Howes in and my Comfort Pro is doing okay.
Not sure what truck you have but a night and day difference was closing the bunk. My Columbia don't hold the heat at all. Closed the bunk flap and I woke up to turn the heat down.

On my way out tomorrow I'll be putting a half a bottle of halves in each tank and heading to ohio.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In Michigan, wind is causing a lot of near white outs. Snow so cold, it easily blows around, and most vehicles brake/tail lights are covered in thick powder, you can no longer see them.
It's -4F but with wind chill, feels like -30F………… unless of course, if you figure in global warming, then it only feels like -25F

Maybe the herds in Chicago will be thinned?… but the animals up here are okay.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I moved to Arkansas out of IL last year and I can tell you this down south they have NO COLD tolerance. It got to 9 degrees and to hear then see the female weather guesser on the TV you would have thought she was heading for the North freaking Pole. Meantime I am walking around in my shorts outside going this is not cold I am from IL.