User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ten year old ticket _ need advice

I just found out about a ten year old ticket I got for unsafe lane change in NJ(moving violation), I have a NJ license. My question is does anyone know if I just plead guilty and pay the fine what happens with the points? DO they not go on my record because ticket is so old or does it not make a difference in NJ and whenever the ticket is closed ( paid etc) thats when points hit my driving record? Please advise asap because my court date is wens day and I don't know what to do
Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you have a ten year old ticket the hearing has most likely already happened and you were found guilty, if you failed to go to court. If that is the case, then there should not be any points involved. If you never paid the fine, they may just want their money.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
If you have a ten year old ticket the hearing has most likely already happened and you were found guilty, if you failed to go to court. If that is the case, then there should not be any points involved. If you never paid the fine, they may just want their money.
but if you didnt show up in court AND you didnt pay the fine, your license is most likely suspended
Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Senior Board Member

That's very strange it was not suspended b4! In 1996 i've got 2 tickets in NJ, i was bobtailing, one ticket was for no registration(i've had one, the local cops just didn't get it), and one for overweight (bobtail). Both tickets was dismissed in a court couple months later. In about 2003, i've got summoned for unpaid ticket. Good deal, i still got those two tickets copies, and court clerk could find that both were dismissed, but apparently they forgot to put a second on a record. Judge apologized to me, and was surprised, that my license was not suspended.