User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What about Roadrunner Transportation?

Ordinarily, I wouldn't even consider working for a company that leases trucks because the ones I know of also have company drivers they give the better-paying loads to as well as charge an outrageous amount for the lease payment, but I know nothing about RR, so I thought I'd ask. Anyone got info on them?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:50 AM

Never mind. I found out what I needed to know about this company. I spoke to one of their recruiters, telling her I'd like to lease and I needed to maximize my income. She proceeds to try and steer me into a location that doesn't lease and would pay me the least of their positions. Then, she tells me they pay $.47/mile FSC, claiming that is 100% of the FSC. It's not. It might be all they charge their customers, which I doubt, but it's not 100% of the going rate for FSC.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 PM

Been here since Dec, and I love it. It has its ups and down, but mostly up for me since day one. I wouldn't recommend listening to a recruiter, because they're doing just that(recruiting)! Stay away from the Lease deals,If you can get your own truck and come over it better. If not there is only one Lease deal, I would recommend, as I believe they have the best deal going. There are a lot of Fees associated with this company, but money can be made if your willing to learn the system. Simple math when it comes to RR Pay scale. No cutting corners or Baby sitting you. If you run you get paid, simple as that. Not sure what kind of money your looking for, but Roadrunner has a decent deal going, at least for me. I've been two other places with my truck and this by far cuts the cake for me. If you would like to know more Inbox me..

If you come over you will need a dry van/ Reefer. If not they will sign you up with Extra lease to pick up a Dry van. Not the best deal in the world but what are you going to do you need a trailer to hauls freight. You are required to maintain the trailer and truck if your leasing one. This Means all maintenance is on you and RR will not help with a single bill, If they do and i only heard of it on special occassion, the full amount will be deducted from your next settlement. Unless you have a leasing company(truck) that willing to handle it and add it to the weekly deductions of your truck note.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytob View Post
Been here since Dec, and I love it. It has its ups and down, but mostly up for me since day one. I wouldn't recommend listening to a recruiter, because they're doing just that(recruiting)! Stay away from the Lease deals,If you can get your own truck and come over it better. If not there is only one Lease deal, I would recommend, as I believe they have the best deal going. There are a lot of Fees associated with this company, but money can be made if your willing to learn the system. Simple math when it comes to RR Pay scale. No cutting corners or Baby sitting you. If you run you get paid, simple as that. Not sure what kind of money your looking for, but Roadrunner has a decent deal going, at least for me. I've been two other places with my truck and this by far cuts the cake for me. If you would like to know more Inbox me..

If you come over you will need a dry van/ Reefer. If not they will sign you up with Extra lease to pick up a Dry van. Not the best deal in the world but what are you going to do you need a trailer to hauls freight. You are required to maintain the trailer and truck if your leasing one. This Means all maintenance is on you and RR will not help with a single bill, If they do and i only heard of it on special occassion, the full amount will be deducted from your next settlement. Unless you have a leasing company(truck) that willing to handle it and add it to the weekly deductions of your truck note.
Are you still with RR? I hear they have great rates and were prefered over Landstar. I have never heard anything bad about them either. Also, I understand you can use RRs authority as if it was yours. In other words you can get loads from other brokers like JBH, LS, Allen L., CHR AND TQL etc.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindem View Post
Are you still with RR? I hear they have great rates and were prefered over Landstar. I have never heard anything bad about them either. Also, I understand you can use RRs authority as if it was yours. In other words you can get loads from other brokers like JBH, LS, Allen L., CHR AND TQL etc.
I got a truck there currently and can answer any questions you got. Please send me a message if you have any questions.

Last edited by sbrown300; 06-18-2014 at 04:16 AM. Reason: added phone number
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Rookie
Default I've got questions...can u help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown300 View Post
I got a truck there currently and can answer any questions you got. Please send me a message if you have any questions.
I was wondering how the day to day operation works...is it really terminal to terminal? What is weekly take home minus expenses for 2500 miles? I know they'll be variants but it just seems to good to be true? Can't seem to find out about the trucks that are available for lease purchase.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Rookie

Are you still with RR and lovin it??? Thinkin of making the move to them. Sounds like a good company and somewhere to make money and have home time?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Can anyone update on Roadrunner transportation? Looking to go there. ANy advice?