User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default my week..

so last week i had a short week due to a customer messing my week up. i decided to do some much needed work to my truck. my front tires were done, put a set of new roadmaster 185a's on along with my new to me aluminum wheels. along with that i got a front end alignment.

yesterday i was going down rt30 in ohio. next thing i know "bam" and something flew in the median.. while looking in my mirror.. a deer. but of course why would it do damage to the point where i need to call the insurance company.. kinda like the one i hit a year ago.. anyway, i pull over stop the truck and get out. broke the left front bumper extender, my front 1/4 fender (which was broke already), and inner fender well... look a bit more the hoof dented the tank. pull away get up to 65 the truck has a shimmy that wasnt there. look down the hood really isnt lining up. the deer last year shoved it over to the side this one made it worse. the drivers side wont latch and now a front end shimmy.

today i'm in brooklyn unloading its humid as hell.. put the tripac on and go to sleep. get a knock on the door with my papers.. cool.. lets go get loaded for tomorrow. get out to use the restroom i look over and my tripac is pissing something out of it. go over and its fuel.. call TK up and rush in.. mind you i need to get reloaded to leave tomorrow. get to tk they want me to come back later. the guy was nice enough to look at it there. open it up the filter is shot. $160 later.. i'm on the way.

cant wait to see whats instore for tomorrow.. oh.. the ac in my truck isnt working and its gonna be 90 tomorrow.

so... hows your week?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Damn when it rains it pours. Its been a long time since i had a week like that. (knocking on my wood desk). Hope its smooth sailing for a while.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Senior Board Member

to say the least.. oh i should also mention that my top broker at chr has moved to another position.. that helped... lol today wasnt bad.. minus the no ac and being 91.. that'll be taken care of next week though.

hopefuly next week is a lot better!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I think I can top that, not that I want to. LOL

I was going down I-80 and started losing air pressure so I stopped at a Boss Truck Shop. They checked everything and bypassed the drier and still wouldn't build any air. They decided I needed a new compressor. Called the Quad Cities and got a compressor delivered in a rush ($75 extra) Got it put on and it built air like it was suppose to ($1200) Delivered my load and got reloaded in Joliet IL and headed home. Got back to Monmouth IL and stopped at a stoplight and lost air pressure. Called a little shop there and they came out and decided the compressor was bad. Called the Quad Cities and they said they would send another one over the next day. Got that one put on and built air pressure like it was suppose to($641). Headed home and delivered and reloaded back to Joliet IL (I run a dedicated back and forth) I got to Geneseo IL and lost air pressure, I decided I had, had enough and parked the truck and called my wife to come get me. I borrowed a friends truck and went over and hooked up to my trailer and delivered the load and reloaded back home.

I let the truck sit for a week and I called everyone I could think of asking what could be taking out the compressor. I got the same answer from everyone. It's not getting any coolant and burning up, it's not getting oil and blowing up, the gear is bad, the intake hose is collapsing. I decided to try something different so instead of putting a Mexican rebuild on I went to the salvage yard and bought a used one ($200). Filled my air tanks and headed back to the little shop in Monmouth IL. I told the guy there we needed to check everything possible and then check everything again. We took the air intake hose off and it looked ok but the hose went to a little square box instead of directly into the top of the compressor. Hmmmmm wonder what this box is so we took it off and it had 4 little bolts holding the 2 halves together so we took it apart. Inside the little box was a reed valve that had disintegrated and was full of little pieces of metal. Called Bendix and they said it was a check valve that was required with a 727 compressor. Called everywhere trying to find one and finally found one in Des Moines ($121) Got the used compressor put on and the new check valve and no problems for 2 weeks now.

A little $121 check valve cost me almost $3,000 and I lost a weeks work.

If you have a Detroit and ever have to put a compressor on check and see if it has a check valve and replace it too.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

that's actually great to know scott.. my dad just picked up a classic xl with a s60 thanks!

and I would say you do got me beat! lol