User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Owner Operator's Hauling for Shoprite in Elizabeth,or Dayton N.J.

I've heard alot of positive feedback about Shoprite.I've heard that Owner Op's are making great money with great benefits.Most of the trucks I've seen pulling loads on the NJ Turnpike are in good condition ,or fairly new.Any Owner Op's here that can verify good pay ,& the conditions over at shoprite? Also; What is needed to get on with them?? Do they pay tolls,or help with them? Do they pay FSC? Do they provide fuel cards? or fuel discounts?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGreen View Post
I've heard alot of positive feedback about Shoprite.I've heard that Owner Op's are making great money with great benefits.Most of the trucks I've seen pulling loads on the NJ Turnpike are in good condition ,or fairly new.Any Owner Op's here that can verify good pay ,& the conditions over at shoprite? Also; What is needed to get on with them?? Do they pay tolls,or help with them? Do they pay FSC? Do they provide fuel cards? or fuel discounts?
yes they get paid really well. however it goes by a senority lader from my understanding. i highly doubt they get a fuel discount, FSC, or fuel cards. another thing.. dont go by what the truck looks like.. my truck (Esp. now) dont look like its in the best of shape and i do ok. from your posts it seems like you want the perfect o/o job thats super hard to come by if it even exists. if you come by the job let me know if they have a long island to fl drop and hook 10000lbs each way once a week. damn.. its nice to dream
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
yes they get paid really well. however it goes by a senority lader from my understanding. i highly doubt they get a fuel discount, FSC, or fuel cards. another thing.. dont go by what the truck looks like.. my truck (Esp. now) dont look like its in the best of shape and i do ok. from your posts it seems like you want the perfect o/o job thats super hard to come by if it even exists. if you come by the job let me know if they have a long island to fl drop and hook 10000lbs each way once a week. damn.. its nice to dream
I'm not looking for the perfect O/O job.I'm just trying to see what's out there, before I get in the business.I see alot of negative comments said about alot of trucking jobs.I say to myself they all can't be that bad.I'm trying to really educate myself on what to expect ,before i get in the business.I'll will be retiring from one job & trying to get into this O/O thing;But after hearing all this negativity I don't know if its such a good ideal!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGreen View Post
I'm not looking for the perfect O/O job.I'm just trying to see what's out there, before I get in the business.I see alot of negative comments said about alot of trucking jobs.I say to myself they all can't be that bad.I'm trying to really educate myself on what to expect ,before i get in the business.I'll will be retiring from one job & trying to get into this O/O thing;But after hearing all this negativity I don't know if its such a good ideal!!!
trucking is a fast way to lose your retirment. why not just sign on with a carrier and be a company driver? their truck their headaches.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member

My brother is an OO there, you can't just sign on, you need to work for an OO and then if you're good enough they will offer you a contract, money is exceptional, fuel is discounted in the yard.

He is there 27 years, no one ever quits but lots get fired, the trucks run 7 days a week, no excuses, my brother has a driver that works 5 days and he works the other 2, forced dispatch and lots of new England they pays all the tolls, but demand very high insurance and workmans comp
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
My brother is an OO there, you can't just sign on, you need to work for an OO and then if you're good enough they will offer you a contract, money is exceptional, fuel is discounted in the yard.

He is there 27 years, no one ever quits but lots get fired, the trucks run 7 days a week, no excuses, my brother has a driver that works 5 days and he works the other 2, forced dispatch and lots of new England they pays all the tolls, but demand very high insurance and workmans comp
Wow,ok!!

Tags
owner operators, shoprite